Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 16 at 11:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Equal Rights?

Debate and discussion of current events and political issues across the U.S. and throughout the World. Be forewarned -- this forum is NOT for the intellectually weak or those of you with thin skins. Don't come crying to me if you become the subject of ridicule. **Board Administrator reserves the right to revoke posting privileges based on my sole discretion**
Bryce

Equal Rights?

Post by Bryce » Tue Nov 13, 2018 12:34 pm

So, a transgender individual has asked for the government to force a Salon to give him a bikini wax...
A biological male who identifies as a woman asked the Massachusetts Attorney General’s office to force a female-oriented spa on the South Shore to give him a bikini wax and other beauty services under the state’s gender identity law.

The transgender biological male said in the complaint that he contacted the spa in December seeking hair removal all over his body, including the area around his genitals.
https://newbostonpost.com/2018/09/27/tr ... ntity-law/

According to The Michigan Department of Civil Rights:
The Michigan Department of Civil Rights has authority to accept complaints based on unlawful consideration of religion, race, color, national origin, arrest record, genetic information, sex, age, height, weight, marital status and disability.
So, does this mean I can demand to get my balls waxed where ever I want?

New York and Chicago were all in with respect to their sanctuary status — until they were hit with the challenge of actually providing sanctuary. In other words, typical liberal hypocrisy.

screen glare

Re: Equal Rights?

Post by screen glare » Tue Nov 13, 2018 1:05 pm

Yes, Bryce.

However at YOUR appointment - you should bring along a magnifying glass and hand it to the salon technician before he/she begins to try to find your nuts.

Bryce

Post by Bryce » Tue Nov 13, 2018 2:20 pm

I have been thinking about cutting back on the steroids.

New York and Chicago were all in with respect to their sanctuary status — until they were hit with the challenge of actually providing sanctuary. In other words, typical liberal hypocrisy.

Mega Hertz

Post by Mega Hertz » Tue Nov 13, 2018 2:59 pm

Just the thought of my balls being waxed makes me shudder. Nothing about that sounds fun.

"Internet is no more like radio than intravenous feeding is like fine dining."
-TurkeyTop

craig11152

Post by craig11152 » Tue Nov 13, 2018 3:04 pm

Its a bit of a liberal dilemma. Balancing the rights of a transgender against the right of a woman to not be forced to touch a penis.
A quick peek at Ann Arbor waxing places seems to suggest none of them will do a man's genitals. I assume that would include a transgender female still sporting male anatomy below the waist.

I no longer directly engage trolls

Bryce

Post by Bryce » Tue Nov 13, 2018 3:37 pm

craig11152 wrote:
Tue Nov 13, 2018 3:04 pm
Its a bit of a liberal dilemma. Balancing the rights of a transgender against the right of a woman to not be forced to touch a penis.
A quick peek at Ann Arbor waxing places seems to suggest none of them will do a man's genitals. I assume that would include a transgender female still sporting male anatomy below the waist.
I guess my point on this whole thing is if, as some say, a baker should have to bake a cake for a gay couple when they object on religious grounds, why should a male or a transgender have service denied because of their gender/equipment. You're a business that offers waxing. Discrimination is supposedly a no-no based on gender/sex. (gender/sex is a protected class) How can you deny service?

Can a female Doctor refuse physicals to male patients?

Turkeytop

Post by Turkeytop » Tue Nov 13, 2018 4:16 pm

Our Family Dr. is a Muslim. A while ago he announced that he will no longer be doing physical exams on women.

The best part of his job and he doesn't want to do it.

Admitting you have a problem is the second step. The first step is finding a problem you really enjoy.

Bryce

Post by Bryce » Tue Nov 13, 2018 8:18 pm

Turkeytop wrote:
Tue Nov 13, 2018 4:16 pm

Maybe my mother-in-law is a patient?

Deleted User 8570

Post by Deleted User 8570 » Tue Nov 13, 2018 11:56 pm

Bryce wrote:
Tue Nov 13, 2018 8:18 pm
Turkeytop wrote:

:eek

screen glare

Post by screen glare » Wed Nov 14, 2018 12:22 pm

Sounds like a legal consideration rather than religious consideration.

Doctor simply avoiding “he said she said” if female patient were to allege sexual abuse during an “exam”. Headline making convictions lately are probably incentive to take preventative measures.

Also - a female staff member in the room (doctor, nurse, PA, etc.) at the time of a male doctor examining a female patient might provide some protection for both the doctor and the patient.

Matt

Post by Matt » Fri Nov 16, 2018 4:57 am

Bryce wrote:
Tue Nov 13, 2018 8:18 pm
Turkeytop wrote:

Or all of the mother-in-laws.

Its a good thing we didn't just elect an activist SJW as state AG. Oh wait...

What's more pathetic: harassing an old man who is paying to do a radio show or supporting a grifter like Trump?

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic