Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 16 at 11:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

WCBS QRM

The technical side of broadcasting. Think IBOC is a sham? Talk about it here! How about HDTV? Post DX reports here as well.
SolarMax

WCBS QRM

Post by SolarMax » Tue Oct 30, 2018 10:59 pm

Tuning across the dial last night around 1 a.m. (Oct 30), WCBS 880 had a zero-beat signal interfering with and at times overwhelming it. Was not quite able to make out the content from the snippets I could hear, other than it was English language. 880 is usually pretty rock-solid into Detroit, so this was something unusual I don't remember hearing before.

Arthur Mometer

Re: WCBS QRM

Post by Arthur Mometer » Tue Oct 30, 2018 11:13 pm

My guess is 50 kW KRVN Lexington, NE. It has been frequently on nondirectional STA as I recall over the years.

Another guess is 10 kW-D WMEQ Menomonee, WI on Day facilities.

"I'm meteorologist Arthur Mometer."

"Those of you who think you know everything are very annoying to those of us who do."

"Lies have to be repeated and repeated to be believed. Truth stands on its own merit."

Turkeytop

Post by Turkeytop » Thu Nov 01, 2018 8:45 pm

WCBS is usually pretty solid here in Florida at night. I'll check it out.

I started out with nothing and I still have most of it.

Radiobingoking

Post by Radiobingoking » Fri Nov 02, 2018 3:26 am

Early this year near Chatham, Ontario, I was able to get CKLQ from Brandon, Manitoba, stepping on WCBS. CKLQ is a country station and hearing music on 880 at night was what caught my ear.

John

If it aint country it aint music

Turkeytop

Post by Turkeytop » Fri Nov 02, 2018 11:49 am

Tuned in WCBS last night, around midnight, here in the Tampa Bay area. It was competing with a country music station I couldn't ID. Also, faintly in the background, a Spanish language station could be heard.

I started out with nothing and I still have most of it.

Radiobingoking

Post by Radiobingoking » Sat Nov 03, 2018 3:03 pm

Turkeytop, thanks for your help in the past. As far as your WCBS stepons, my guess is that the country station was either KRVN in Lexington, NE or CKLQ in Brandon, MB. The only Spanish language station I could find was WYKO in Sabana Grande, PR.

John

If it aint country it aint music

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic