Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 16 at 11:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

WSUE Rock 101

Covers all of Northern Lower Michigan (from Ludington to Tawas northward), as well as the Straits Area and Soo Region.
Deleted User 4520

WSUE Rock 101

Post by Deleted User 4520 » Wed Jan 11, 2017 5:48 pm

Does anybody know what's going on with WSUE's website (www.rock101.net)? When I search Google all I get is their Facebook page and the various streaming outlets. When I go to the aforementioned website nothing happens.

kager

Re: WSUE Rock 101

Post by kager » Thu Jan 12, 2017 10:07 am

Dead. Maybe the Russians... oh, never mind...

Last snapshot captured by the Internet Wayback Machine was April 2016; last crawl in October...

https://web.archive.org/web/20160428193 ... ck101.net/

They may be unaware their site is dead air; if you really want to know why, you could always call them @ the number listed on the site then:

855-876-2536

"The problem with communication is the illusion that it has occurred."

swiat

Post by swiat » Mon Jan 23, 2017 2:21 pm

Seems like the tools have gone to Facebook. I found a site there via google. Why should I have to get a login to see your website? What about the non-Facebook users? Too bad? That is a crock. Then again, so is their logo and some of their programming choices. Who is running this place? Horrible 1980s guitar logo, no real website, WSOO plays horrendous 45 LP music. I would have kept 1400 talk and made 1230 ESPN radio. But, that would have been much simpler. Go figure.

oh yeah, and the 100kW stations (WSUE, WYSS, WMKD) operating from 200 ft off the ground. What kind of idiotic engineering is that? What a WASTE! Get it up 500 or 1000 ft or drop the power.

It seems like a dumpster fire of an operation. I feel pity for the people that work there.

Plate Cap

Post by Plate Cap » Mon Jan 23, 2017 3:06 pm

swiat wrote:Seems like the tools have gone to Facebook..........Why should I have to get a login to see your website? What about the non-Facebook users?.......That is a crock.

It seems like a dumpster fire of an operation. I feel pity for the people that work there.
Younger people, now making decisions like this, are all about Fake Book, although Fake Book itself is going out of vogue with the REAL young people.

Fake Book, beyond it's ability to allow you to post fake news and pretend you or your business are more interesting / successful / whatever than they really are, allows some marketing tools in terms of 'likes', but I understand that, as a cheap alternative, will be short lived.....they intend to force businesses to pay for it.

In my mind, having an actual web presence vs. a Fake Book page for a business separates the real businesses with serious marketing from the rubes who are fooling around. Just this past weekend I decided I wanted some logo wear from a small town I visited, and their 'shirt shop' only has a Fake Book presence. After struggling around on it, finding lots of photos but no way to order, I decided I have enough hoodies and T shirts already, and abandoned the mission and put my credit card back in my wallet.

They lost out, and in a town of less than a thousand, I suspect that hurts.

The box that many broadcasters won’t look outside of was made in 1969 and hasn’t changed significantly since.

swiat

Post by swiat » Thu Feb 16, 2017 4:35 pm

OK, now 99.5 YES FM has no website. How cheap can you get? It's $10/yr for a domain name and maybe $100 for hosting at Go Daddy.
Pathetic. All you have to do is sell space to one company and it is paid for the entire year!

audiophile

Post by audiophile » Thu Feb 16, 2017 9:16 pm

swiat wrote:Seems like the tools have gone to Facebook. I found a site there via google. Why should I have to get a login to see your website? What about the non-Facebook users? Too bad? That is a crock. Then again, so is their logo and some of their programming choices. Who is running this place? Horrible 1980s guitar logo, no real website, WSOO plays horrendous 45 LP music. I would have kept 1400 talk and made 1230 ESPN radio. But, that would have been much simpler. Go figure.

oh yeah, and the 100kW stations (WSUE, WYSS, WMKD) operating from 200 ft off the ground. What kind of idiotic engineering is that? What a WASTE! Get it up 500 or 1000 ft or drop the power.

One advantage is you can do chin-ups on the antenna bays... :blink

WYSS and WMKD did build a new SST tower, although it's not any higher than old one.

Ask not what your country can do FOR you; ask what they are about to do TO YOU!!

Milk

Post by Milk » Fri Feb 17, 2017 3:54 am

Let's not forget that Sovereign is partly owned by Tim Sabean of Howard Stern/Sirius fame, so the dude has some bucks. They just bought WYKX and WDBC in Esky.

Deleted User 4520

Post by Deleted User 4520 » Wed Oct 31, 2018 2:13 pm

The website is there but it's not been updated in a long time. Still old posts about AC/DC's Brian Johnson and Glen Tipton of Judas Priest and his Parkinsons.

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Post by MWmetalhead » Fri Nov 02, 2018 1:27 pm

Have you noticed the music shift over the past few weeks, Force? Curious as to your thoughts. They seem to be playing a good mix of newer stuff and classics once again.

Last spring, the station was sounding very limp, overdosing on dinosaur rock and softer stuff.

Deleted User 4520

Post by Deleted User 4520 » Sun Nov 04, 2018 6:56 pm

I haven't really listened to them in a while. But just tuned in and there is a Metallica special going on for ...And Justice For All. However, the stream sounds really shitty 32 kbps.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic