All new acct registrations in the queue as of 10/18 at 10:00p ET have been activated. Want to share your favorite Buzzboard posts with your social media page readers? Now, there's an easy way to do it! Visit this page for instructions: viewtopic.php?f=39&t=47643

(Note: hover your mouse pointer near the upper right corner of this box and click the "x" to close it.)

Art Bell

Discussion pertaining to Lansing, Jackson, Owosso, and all areas from Alma to Hillsdale
RichMichaels

Art Bell

Post by RichMichaels » Sat Apr 14, 2018 5:14 pm

One of the originals.

I was camping in 1997 in the rustic woods of northern michigan listening to Art around the campfire, by myself (radio mental retreats) ... and when I heard this phone call - I believe it was the original airing; actual call - I nearly shit myself.

It was great radio. Played perfectly. I'm sure a hoax, but these were the days when most people understood - It is entertainment.

Like War of the Worlds, here it is.

Art Bell passed at 72 Friday.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ee3bld4lTG0

MisterGoodrich2U

Re: Art Bell

Post by MisterGoodrich2U » Mon Apr 16, 2018 10:20 pm

..... Jill Wagner is ssssoooooo hot!

RichMichaels

Post by RichMichaels » Tue Apr 17, 2018 8:15 am

Mark Elliott

Post by Mark Elliott » Tue Apr 17, 2018 10:39 am

Rich hope you are doing well and thanks for posting this. Art Bell was an original - and there have been very few of those. No phone screener, no producer, ran commercials at the beginning of every half hour including live reads. And he could switch gears from paranormal to conspiracy theory in a heartbeat. And it all sounded very natural and relaxed... less of a radio show and more of a late night Ham radio conversation. George Norry is good, but he can’t capture that same Art Bell feeling.

organman95

Post by organman95 » Thu Apr 26, 2018 8:16 am

I saw/heard on an episode of "Ancient Aliens"

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic