All new acct registrations in the queue as of 5/25 at 4:40p ET have been activated. Want to share your favorite Buzzboard posts with your social media page readers? Now, there's an easy way to do it! Visit this page for instructions: viewtopic.php?f=39&t=47643

(Note: hover your mouse pointer near the upper right corner of this box and click the "x" to close it.)

Tom Izzo is a piece of shit

Discussion pertaining to Lansing, Jackson, Owosso, and all areas from Alma to Hillsdale
MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Tom Izzo is a piece of shit

Post by MWmetalhead » Sat Jan 20, 2018 7:41 pm

Tom hopes "the right guy was convicted." He made this outrageously stupid comment after claiming to have listened to victims' courtroom testimony.

He has "unwavering" support for Lou Anna Simon.

How can anyone support such a despicable piece of human garbage??? Listen to her response around the :55 mark. This vile lady has ZERO empathy for the victims and seems only concerned with protecting her institution's financial ass.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CuTGL4VawyM

Memo to 106.7: Twenty-One Pilots, Imagine Dragons, FUN and Fall Out Boy all S-U-C-K!!! Stop playing those shitty (boy) bands, and maybe you'll end your streak of piss poor ratings!

craig11152

Re: Tom Izzo is a piece of shit

Post by craig11152 » Sun Jan 21, 2018 7:59 am

I watched that Izzo video and was shocked. Tom is no stranger to the press conference world and he had to know those questions were coming. How those statements came out of his mouth is a total mystery. Normally this time if year I have checked out of 97.1 but tomorrow I may listen to hear what Valenti says.

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Post by MWmetalhead » Sun Jan 21, 2018 8:54 am

FWIW, Caputo harshly rebuked the university and Izzo during his midday shift yesterday.

He called the actions of the board and of Simon "PROFOUNDLY disappointing."

And, yes, he was damn near shouting when he said "profoundly."

Mr. Caputo had trouble forming a cogent sentence at times yesterday because I think he is incredibly disgusted and shocked by what's taken place here. I give him credit for devoting much of his show to the Nassar matter and for speaking out against his alma mater.

Memo to 106.7: Twenty-One Pilots, Imagine Dragons, FUN and Fall Out Boy all S-U-C-K!!! Stop playing those shitty (boy) bands, and maybe you'll end your streak of piss poor ratings!

OneBigFan

Post by OneBigFan » Sun Jan 21, 2018 6:13 pm

Shocking that someone with the University of Michigan seal is calling Tom Izzo a piece of shit.

But considering how many pieces of shit you've come across in radio and at the University of Michigan as a grad you'd know all about pieces of shit.

Its a damned shame you weren't more tuned in to warn people about the monster calling himself Larry Nassar.

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Post by MWmetalhead » Sun Jan 21, 2018 7:42 pm

It is the MSU administration that sat on its ass while report after report of this guy sexually abusing his patients came to light. Your attempt to deflect is laughable.

I've been harshly critical of my alma mater and its leadership on prior occasions when warranted. I've lampooned Detroit area media for giving U-M a free pass on such occasions as well.

So, do you care to express an opinion on whether or not Simon should still have a job?

Late today, Izzo *finally* issued a clarification regarding the "I hope they caught the right guy" portion of his remarks. (What the hell took him so long?) Nonetheless, he apparently still adores and fully supports Simon, which makes him a clueless moron at best and a total piece of shit at worst.

craig11152

Post by craig11152 » Mon Jan 22, 2018 7:13 am

I will accept Izzo's backtrack as an admission he screwed up Friday. But I still scratch my head how a guy with his level of media experience could have gone there. It was almost "Trumpesk."

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Post by MWmetalhead » Mon Jan 22, 2018 6:35 pm

Very good editorial at MLive today. Izzo and other Simon defenders should read it.

Appallingly, until today, MSU was still sending medical bills to Nassar's patients. Unbelievable. This sad fact is making national news and is dealing MSU yet another black eye.

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Post by MWmetalhead » Tue Jan 23, 2018 6:03 pm

Craig, to answer an earlier question you posed, Mr. Valenti is embarrassed and sickened by this whole situation, is "completely disgusted" by MSU's Board of Trustees, and wants Lou Anna K Simon gone.

He spent most of his show today on the Nassar case, and in particular, the tone-deaf conduct of the Board of Trustees and Simon.

He also expressed disbelief and frustration over Izzo's bizarre comments from last Friday night.

About 20 minutes ago, Valenti remarked that "MSU couldn't have handled the last week any more poorly if they tried." He also described the Nassar crimes (and the university's horrific response) as the "worst sexual misconduct case in the history of sports."

ftballfan

Post by ftballfan » Wed Jan 24, 2018 9:39 am

Have you seen Joel Ferguson's comments?

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Post by MWmetalhead » Wed Jan 24, 2018 12:42 pm

Yes, I heard his interview with Staudt. I've commented on that on the political forum.

Ferguson is vile; I hope he rots in hell.

He's such a sleazebag that he outsourced damage control following his reprehensible remarks to a staffer!

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Post by MWmetalhead » Wed Jan 24, 2018 2:30 pm

Even Lynn Henning and Rochelle Riley of all people have penned articulate, very moving opinion columns on the Nassar tragedy, and in particular, the offensive and baffling conduct of Simon, the Board and others.

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Post by MWmetalhead » Wed Jan 24, 2018 8:27 pm

How on earth can Tom Izzo support such a vile, detestable human being?
Those who spoke in court also blamed MSU for not doing enough to stop the abuse. One of them, Amanda Thomashow, went to MSU officials in 2014 and said Nassar had molested her during an appointment. That prompted a Title IX investigation, but Nassar was cleared. The investigator who handled that case has since been promoted, Target 8 found.

Last week, when Target 8 questioned Simon about MSU’s commitment to creating a better environment for reporting abuse in light of that promotion, Simon responded that it was not the time nor place to ask questions about the university.
Source: www.woodtv.com

The bright side? Late breaking news reports (from WILX, Detroit Free Press, NY Daily News and the State News) indicate Queen Lou Anna K. will *finally* abdicate her throne either Thursday or Friday of this week.

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/colle ... -1.3777419

Matt

Post by Matt » Sun Jan 28, 2018 8:11 am

OneBigFan wrote:
Sun Jan 21, 2018 6:13 pm
Shocking that someone with the University of Michigan seal is calling Tom Izzo a piece of shit.

But considering how many pieces of shit you've come across in radio and at the University of Michigan as a grad you'd know all about pieces of shit.

Its a damned shame you weren't more tuned in to warn people about the monster calling himself Larry Nassar.
This defense isn't aging well!

fuzzpower

Post by fuzzpower » Fri Feb 02, 2018 5:23 am

Izzo and Dantonio knew about the situations with their players and tried to cover it up. It is obvious. How they still have jobs is baffling.

DAC

Post by DAC » Sun Feb 04, 2018 1:23 am

Name a person involved with this situation who is NOT a piece of shit? MSU=Failed. USA Gymnastics=Failed. NCAA=Failed. Olympic committee=Failed. Media=Failed. FBI=Failed. The problem is that we can see all the heads roll that we like, but who does it hurt, and who does it help? It hurts the students. It hurts the athletes. Does it help the victims? Not sure. Will it help the dude who lost control in court and tried to attack Nassar? Nope. He is clearly suffering from a severe case of guilt. Three daughters. Did none of them ever say anything? My hope is that they did. It's difficult to swallow that this guy had three daughters being abused and knew NOTHING about it.

Additionally, we've known about this for what, a year now? Why are the heads just rolling now? Why are we calling people out as pieces of shit now? Because, like the FBI, MSU, NCAA, USA Gymnastics, Olympic committee, the parents, and the media, we all sat on our stupid asses and waited around until it was popular to jump on the "Piece of shit" bandwagon. Shame on them, and shame on us.

As for Izzo specifically, maybe we should hold of on the lynching until we have some solid proof of what he DID, and not just what He SAID. Again.. Bandwagon. Everyone jump on the guilt train! Destination? Nowhere.

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Post by MWmetalhead » Sun Feb 04, 2018 11:41 am

I disagree with a good portion of your remarks, DAC, and will address them point by point later today.

Justice!

Post by Justice! » Thu Feb 15, 2018 11:33 am

One of the main problems is that too many people like Lou Anna Simon exist in today's society. She made obscene amounts of money (I believe, nearly a million dollars a year for 14 years and that's just as President!) and yet couldn't do her job even remotely properly. She's an incredibly ugly person inside and out. She shouldn't have been afforded the luxury of resigning on her own accord, she should have been forcibly removed from the job. More to the point, she should be forced to use her vast wealth to contribute to the many victims.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic