Acceptable registrations in the queue through April 26 at 9:00p ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Deadspin is Dead

Discussion pertaining to the Tri-Cities, Flint, Mt. Pleasant, and Bad Axe
sinklair

Deadspin is Dead

Post by sinklair » Tue Mar 12, 2024 3:48 am

If it’s not one greedy corporate owner, it’s another.

https://www.cnn.com/2024/03/11/media/de ... id=ios_app

Deadspin, which produced the viral video showing NBC 25 & FOX 66 anchors Dave Bondy and Stephanie Parkinson read a Sinclair corporate script blaming the media for not telling both sides of stories, now finds itself the victim of corporate mergers.

https://money.cnn.com/2018/03/07/media/ ... index.html

I don’t know anyone personally laid off by Deadspin. But I do appreciate how these corporate mergers are not good for the public we are supposed to serve.

After the Deadspin video came out it was hilarious watching Sucklair go into PR damage control with SVP of “News” Scotty Livingston and Regional “News” Director Lame Michaelsen trying to defend this idiotic video. Former GM/Egomaniac Chad Conklin and the News Director Who Shall Not Be Named laid over like the corporate lap dogs they are.

I’m glad there was a website like Deadspin that had the courage to call out this BS. Sad that they won’t be able to hold Sucklair accountable moving forward.

Colonel Flagg

Re: Deadspin is Dead

Post by Colonel Flagg » Tue Mar 12, 2024 5:14 pm

I'd be very skeptical of any grown man who wants people to call him "Scotty"... but maybe that's just me.
"Don't you knock when you enter a room?"

sinklair

Post by sinklair » Wed Mar 13, 2024 12:10 am

Scotty Livingston is a special one. He visited Flint exactly one time before deciding to spend millions of dollars on a new tv studio… only to lay off most of the news staff a few years later. Business genius he’s not.

MasterB

Post by MasterB » Wed Mar 13, 2024 1:04 am

Deadspin called a kid racist last fall claiming the kid was wearing blackface which he was not and was also wearing yellow on his face as well not cool at all. Deadspin will be back with a new staff I feel sorry for those that lost there job. Only that reporter that called a kid racist I don't feel sorry for they need to apologize to the kid and the family as well.
Go Pistons, Let's Go Redwings.

Matt

Post by Matt » Wed Mar 13, 2024 7:03 am

MasterB wrote:
Wed Mar 13, 2024 1:04 am
Deadspin called a kid racist last fall claiming the kid was wearing blackface which he was not and was also wearing yellow on his face as well not cool at all. Deadspin will be back with a new staff I feel sorry for those that lost there job. Only that reporter that called a kid racist I don't feel sorry for they need to apologize to the kid and the family as well.
Agreed - fuck deadspin.
Voting for Trump is dumber than playing Russian Roulette with fully loaded chambers.

sinklair

Post by sinklair » Wed Mar 13, 2024 7:47 am

Language, Matt. Time to start using your word of the day calendar to expand your vocabulary so you can express your outrage/ire/fury/anger/rage against Deadspin’s demise/closure/cancellation/shutting down.

teetoppz28

Post by teetoppz28 » Wed Mar 13, 2024 9:30 am

Some fucking food for thought: https://www.sciencedirect.com/science/a ... 011400151X
Overall the findings suggest that, with the exception of female-sex-related slurs, taboo expressives and general pejoratives comprise the core of the category of taboo words while slurs tend to occupy the periphery, and the ability to generate taboo language is not an index of overall language poverty.
:hat
Dropping knowledge on forum MAGAts.
Unapologetically intellectually superior.

sinklair

Post by sinklair » Thu Mar 14, 2024 6:12 am

If that study is true, then I worked with freaking Mensa level genius directors back in the 90’s — who used f- bombs every other word.

teetoppz28

Post by teetoppz28 » Thu Mar 14, 2024 9:27 am

sinklair wrote:
Thu Mar 14, 2024 6:12 am
If that study is true, then I worked with freaking Mensa level genius directors back in the 90’s — who used f- bombs every other word.
LOL! :rollin
Dropping knowledge on forum MAGAts.
Unapologetically intellectually superior.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic