Acceptable registrations in the queue through April 26 at 9:00p ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Sinclair cares about Israel… not journalists

Discussion pertaining to the Tri-Cities, Flint, Mt. Pleasant, and Bad Axe
sinklair

Sinclair cares about Israel… not journalists

Post by sinklair » Tue Oct 31, 2023 8:01 am

Look, I like a good fundraiser as much as the next guy or gal.

But Sinclair is making its “news” stations run a promotion to fund raise for Israel… essentially taking sides in this conflict… on a story we should be reporting fairly on both sides.

https://midmichigannow.com/amp/news/nat ... david-adom

There’s a humanitarian crisis on both sides of the border. The Israelis that are dealing with an unimaginable terror attack. And the Palestinians (who are not the same as Hamas) who are having their neighborhoods decimated by bombs with little water, food, shelter, or help from the outside. It’s a story that is complex, has lots of nuance. And journalists and the companies they work for should not be taking sides, so they can report accurately on the developments overseas.

Instead, Sinclair throws away any journalistic impartiality and decides to go all in on its conservative/Republican owners and backers support of the Israeli side of this conflict.

I’m not trying to get into a back and forth of Israel’s right to defend itself or the historic holy land rights for its people… or the fight for a Palestinian home. I’m just saying that it’s not a real journalists job to help fundraisers for either side as they cover this conflict.

km1125

Re: Sinclair cares about Israel… not journalists

Post by km1125 » Tue Oct 31, 2023 10:45 am

"There's 'good people' on both sides"... where have I heard that before??

Matt

Post by Matt » Tue Oct 31, 2023 6:30 pm

You don't work there - what is the "we" about?
Voting for Trump is dumber than playing Russian Roulette with fully loaded chambers.

MasterB

Post by MasterB » Wed Nov 01, 2023 12:09 am

Hamas steals the aid for food & water from the Palestinians which isn't right.
Go Pistons, Let's Go Redwings.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic