Acceptable registrations in the queue through April 26 at 9:00p ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Top Heavy Corporations

Discussion pertaining to the Tri-Cities, Flint, Mt. Pleasant, and Bad Axe
sinklair

Top Heavy Corporations

Post by sinklair » Wed May 03, 2023 9:13 pm

At a time when Sinclair is laying off entire newsrooms, should it surprise anyone that it continues to add new 6-figure positions at its Hunt Valley, Maryland offices?

https://rbr.com/king-investor-relations-sbgi/

What makes Chris King qualified to do investor relations for a so-called diversified multi-media company with a long history of skirting the FCC and one-sided reporting? Apparently not much, having worked for a small regional internet firm.

Not sure he’s qualified for this position or if he truly understands what he’s in for. As employees of Sinclair, we are also stockholders. And I can’t imagine many current or former employees/stockholders are happy with the company’s recent stock prices or corporate decision making when it comes to shutting down local news stations.

sinklair

Re: Top Heavy Corporations

Post by sinklair » Thu May 04, 2023 8:44 am

From a former 25-66 Met:

“Nexstar: “Sorry we can only give you, our hard working journalist, a 1% raise.”
Also Nexstar: “We’re giving an $18 million raise to our CEO!”

Sinclair: “We have to close local newsrooms.”
Also Sinclair: “We bought back ~$50 million in shares of our stock in Q1!”

TV is not dying. TV companies are not going broke. Many corporate TV companies are just not spending money on the right things. While journalists, meteorologists, and photographers struggle to make ends meet, corporate executives are backing up the brinks truck. So wrong.“

This idea that broadcast companies are broke and dying is flat out false. They are doing just fine, making profits every quarter. Companies like Sinclair hold their employees hostage for bad business decisions made at the corporate level. Let’s start eliminating all bonuses for David Smith, Chris Ripley, Perry Sook and others when they gamble on NewsNation, The National Desk, Bally Sports RSNs, newscast commentaries and other failed experiments… instead of investing in local newsrooms, local journalism and local journalists.

Dudley

Post by Dudley » Thu May 04, 2023 1:06 pm

Do you just pull this out of your ass?

sinklair

Post by sinklair » Thu May 04, 2023 7:34 pm

Prove to me where David Smith or Perry Sook are doing so poor financially that they are now eligible for food stamps. Because I can name several working journalists that do need assistance to make ends meet.

Dudley

Post by Dudley » Fri May 05, 2023 5:32 pm

Prove to me that our President has any working brain cells!

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Post by MWmetalhead » Fri May 05, 2023 5:53 pm

WTF does one have to do with the other?
Morgan Wallen is a piece of garbage.

Matt

Post by Matt » Fri May 05, 2023 9:46 pm

sinklair wrote:
Thu May 04, 2023 7:34 pm
Prove to me where David Smith or Perry Sook are doing so poor financially that they are now eligible for food stamps. Because I can name several working journalists that do need assistance to make ends meet.
Maybe they should have chosen a more lucrative career path.
Voting for Trump is dumber than playing Russian Roulette with fully loaded chambers.

sinklair

Post by sinklair » Sat May 06, 2023 4:26 am

And maybe the Tin Man should have been given a heart… or you a brain, Matt.

The people responsible for “running” (or ruining?) these companies are those fat cats at the top of Nexstar, Sinclair, etc.

Dudley

Post by Dudley » Sun May 07, 2023 5:35 pm

So why don't you tell us your master plan to fix the situation rather than keep spreading the hate for the company! What is the plan?
Keep Bitchin' and hope it gets better?

sinklair

Post by sinklair » Sun May 07, 2023 7:20 pm

Dudley, it’s no longer my job to try to fix Sinclair.

You (and others like Matt) spend countless posts criticizing me and other good people who were fighting the good fight while working at 25-66.

Now I’m exercising the same power of my voice to observe and comment from the outside.

If you are happy with the quality of journalism being done at any of the local stations, good for you. Speak up.

If you’re like me and sad to see the state of affairs as companies like Sinclair run good stations into the ground, cancel newscasts, lay off hard work/underpaid/underappreciated journalists, then pick up the mantel and join us in calling them out.

Or don’t. I don’t care. You live your life. I’m going to live mine. But if you (or insert Sinclair corporate or local station official here) think that I’m going to stop using my voice, you’re wrong. I’m not going anywhere. And I’m going to keep calling out my former station when they do *sinine things daily.

Dudley

Post by Dudley » Sun May 07, 2023 7:33 pm

Don"t like the people bitchin at you then quit bitchin about the company! Simple as that! WEYI fed my family allowed me to buy a house and my 401 K with SS is enough for me to live happily ever after. BIG REASON I BITCH ABOUT YOU!

sinklair

Post by sinklair » Mon May 08, 2023 8:37 am

Dudley acting just like the insecure bully he is… stop talking about others or I’m going to keep bullying you. Real mature.

I’m glad you had the chance to buy a house and retire. Just wish that same consideration was given to everyone who just received their walking papers. No notice. No thanks.

Dudley, if you can’t handle me criticizing your beloved WEYI, you might want to get another hobby. I’m not going anywhere. And I really don’t care what you think of me.

What I do care about is that Sinclair never is allowed to run its biased crappy nationally produced newscasts on local airwaves.

Realist

Post by Realist » Mon May 08, 2023 7:44 pm

Dudley wrote:
Sun May 07, 2023 7:33 pm
Don"t like the people bitchin at you then quit bitchin about the company! Simple as that! WEYI fed my family allowed me to buy a house and my 401 K with SS is enough for me to live happily ever after. BIG REASON I BITCH ABOUT YOU!
Dave Bondy? Is that you?

Dudley

Post by Dudley » Tue May 09, 2023 6:55 pm

NOPE! But sinclair is a DICKHEAD!
And I will keep harping about spreading hate till I get thrown off and then I will use another name like the rest of you! Right LOL101!

sinklair

Post by sinklair » Wed May 10, 2023 7:01 am

Ah, right… more name calling. More threats. Gotcha. Still don’t care. Still going to stay on topic. Don’t like? Try getting a real hobby, Dudley.

As for Sinclair, more evidence that it gives two craps about journalism. As it shuts down newsrooms and lays off people, where is it spending its profits? Buying programming for its little watched digi-nets.

https://www.nexttv.com/news/sinclair-ov ... nal-series

Sinclair also could face lawsuits from investors (including stock-invested former employees). In statements to Wall Street, the company said News investments were a priority for the company.

https://thedesk.net/2023/05/sinclair-cl ... newsrooms/

Clearly that was a lie.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic