Acceptable registrations in the queue through April 26 at 9:00p ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Sinclair’s Cheapness on Full Display

Discussion pertaining to the Tri-Cities, Flint, Mt. Pleasant, and Bad Axe
sinklair

Sinclair’s Cheapness on Full Display

Post by sinklair » Wed Mar 01, 2023 8:22 pm

FTV published the following article ridiculing 25-66’s use of camping chairs for its in studio interviews:
https://www.ftvlive.com/sqsp-test/2023/ ... the-budget

And before you start blaming little ole me, let me be clear: I didn’t send Scott Jones this information.

But he’s not wrong… 25-66 management will do whatever it takes to save a buck.

KeenerGold

Re: Sinclair’s Cheapness on Full Display

Post by KeenerGold » Thu Mar 02, 2023 10:09 am

With Leslie out, and Ron Hilliard's last day being yesterday, WEYI/WSMH is down to Erik Kostrzewa. No new hires to be found. More cheapness for you.

Soundchaser

Post by Soundchaser » Thu Mar 02, 2023 5:29 pm

sinklair wrote:
Wed Mar 01, 2023 8:22 pm
FTV published the following article ridiculing 25-66’s use of camping chairs for its in studio interviews:
https://www.ftvlive.com/sqsp-test/2023/ ... the-budget

And before you start blaming little ole me, let me be clear: I didn’t send Scott Jones this information.

But he’s not wrong… 25-66 management will do whatever it takes to save a buck.
Stink, just when I though you reached your maximum petty level with your Leslie response, you rise to the occasion once again. Is there no limit to your stupidity?

organman95

Post by organman95 » Thu Mar 02, 2023 9:28 pm

KeenerGold wrote:
Thu Mar 02, 2023 10:09 am
With Leslie out, and Ron Hilliard's last day being yesterday, WEYI/WSMH is down to Erik Kostrzewa. No new hires to be found. More cheapness for you.
Who are they bringing in to fill spots until a second meteorologist is hired?

Realist

Post by Realist » Thu Mar 02, 2023 9:45 pm

organman95 wrote:
Thu Mar 02, 2023 9:28 pm
KeenerGold wrote:
Thu Mar 02, 2023 10:09 am
Who are they bringing in to fill spots until a second meteorologist is hired?
Watched it this morning. They brought in no one this morning. It was pre taped segments from last night from their evening Meteorologist Erik. Thought for sure at least they’d have someone almost live from their K-zoo or Traverse stations with a fresh forecast

organman95

Post by organman95 » Thu Mar 02, 2023 9:53 pm

Unfortunate. Oh well...

MasterB

Post by MasterB » Fri Mar 03, 2023 12:40 am

Were the chairs used for the grill cheese parties Sinklair?
Go Pistons, Let's Go Redwings.

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Post by MWmetalhead » Fri Mar 03, 2023 6:33 am

The only "stupidity" here is the manner in which Sinclair runs the 25/66 news operation! That set and furniture are public access channel quality.

I'd love to see the news ratings for the market. I bet 25's ratings are abysmal.
Morgan Wallen is a piece of garbage.

sinklair

Post by sinklair » Fri Mar 03, 2023 9:56 pm

Hey Soundchaser, you 25-66 apologist: you can’t really be serious. You are trying to defend Sinclair’s public access approach toward its programming? Your hatred towards me is blinding you to what everyone else clearly sees.

It’s unbelievable that they don’t have full staffing for weather during severe weather events. But just watch… if they can get away with pretaping weather, the Corporate Death Star will absolutely go down that road.

Erik is now seeing clear as day what he hit himself into. There is no way that ge’s not out the door once his contract is up (if not before).

As far as my comments on Leslie, I’ll let my words stand for themselves. She was fired from one station, and 25-66 was glad to see her resign/retire/walk out the door. She’s not someone the current GM or News Director wanted to keep… which speaks for itself.

Add Ron Hilliard to the long list of talented meteorologists to learn that Sinclair is a horrible company to work for… Mark Torregrossa, Ty Shesky, Kevin Uselman, Kylie Miller, Ahmad Bajjey, Jamie Kagol, Nick Russo, Elise Dolenar.

Soundchaser

Post by Soundchaser » Sat Mar 04, 2023 7:02 am

sinklair wrote:
Fri Mar 03, 2023 9:56 pm
Hey Soundchaser, you 25-66 apologist: you can’t really be serious. You are trying to defend Sinclair’s public access approach toward its programming? Your hatred towards me is blinding you to what everyone else clearly sees.

It’s unbelievable that they don’t have full staffing for weather during severe weather events. But just watch… if they can get away with pretaping weather, the Corporate Death Star will absolutely go down that road.

Erik is now seeing clear as day what he hit himself into. There is no way that ge’s not out the door once his contract is up (if not before).

As far as my comments on Leslie, I’ll let my words stand for themselves. She was fired from one station, and 25-66 was glad to see her resign/retire/walk out the door. She’s not someone the current GM or News Director wanted to keep… which speaks for itself.

Add Ron Hilliard to the long list of talented meteorologists to learn that Sinclair is a horrible company to work for… Mark Torregrossa, Ty Shesky, Kevin Uselman, Kylie Miller, Ahmad Bajjey, Jamie Kagol, Nick Russo, Elise Dolenar.
Hey Stink, no apology here. What are you going to do for an encore? Critique the toilet paper in the restrooms. Keep up the good work.

sinklair

Post by sinklair » Sat Mar 04, 2023 9:19 am

The toilet paper is one ply.

Soundchaser

Post by Soundchaser » Sat Mar 04, 2023 12:01 pm

sinklair wrote:
Sat Mar 04, 2023 9:19 am
The toilet paper is one ply.
Bravo! bravo! bravissimo!!!

MasterB

Post by MasterB » Sun Mar 05, 2023 12:29 am

Very cheap what Sinclair did they don't care about 25-66 the news will be hub somewhere I wasn't defending Sinclair should've said that in my above post. The union can't save the station if they even formed a union WOIO & WJW unions could help 25-66 in Flint but it is slim and none that it happens.
Go Pistons, Let's Go Redwings.

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Post by MWmetalhead » Sun Mar 05, 2023 7:53 am

I do want to compliment the folks who produce the graphics / visuals on the 25 & 66 newscasts; that is one area where the station looks very snazzy.

The anchors & reporters who are left generally do a good job; I just wish they were given more financial backing.
Morgan Wallen is a piece of garbage.

sinklair

Post by sinklair » Sun Mar 05, 2023 8:52 am

The graphics are hubbed out. We use the same graphics templates as other Sinclair stations. It doesn’t allow stations to have their own look, but we also get a more refined, bigger market look than if we were to go on our own. It was an instant upgrade when Sinclair took over and we received new graphics over the in house version that Barrington used.

There’s no union at 25-66 anymore. That ship sailed away about a decade ago when the UAW decertified the union over lack of participation.

I agree with MasterB that hubbing of news is in our future. Management is looking to reduce expenses to increase its profit margin. The only way it’s going to do that is to reduce overhead and staffing.

Sinclair is already hubbing out its Toledo station. That station was also a trainwreck holdover from Barrington. It was never going to be a competitor in news. Just like how they now view 25-66.

When they hub out the news, they’ll keep a minimum presence of MMJs in Flint to gather news and everything else will be done out of another Sinclair locale like Kzoo.

Horrible for viewers and staff. Good for Sinclair’s bottom line as they try to save money after it’s bad investments.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic