Acceptable registrations in the queue through April 26 at 9:00p ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Do malcontents add ANYTHING to this forum?

Discussion pertaining to the Tri-Cities, Flint, Mt. Pleasant, and Bad Axe
Luke

Re: Do malcontents add ANYTHING to this forum?

Post by Luke » Mon Aug 29, 2022 7:24 pm

franko75 wrote:
Mon Aug 29, 2022 7:18 pm
If you don't work there you really shouldn't care. It must be a sad world you live in to have to keep caring about something that does not impact your life or concern you in any way.
That and why do you continue to post under an alias? Keyboard warrior?

Matt

Post by Matt » Mon Aug 29, 2022 9:46 pm

sinklair wrote:
Mon Aug 29, 2022 8:18 am
How about I do that after you make amends to me for — as you call it — shitting on me publicly,

(Still holding my breath…)
I owe you nothing. You owe your former coworkers (like Leslie for example) an apology for publicly trashing them.
Voting for Trump is dumber than playing Russian Roulette with fully loaded chambers.

OnTopic

Post by OnTopic » Mon Aug 29, 2022 11:01 pm

I hate to defend Sinklair as they seem to want to stir up trouble but the only feedback I have ever heard about Ms. Toldo is how horrible she is to coworkers and how terrible she is as an employee. The list is short of those who remain friends with her.
Multiple women who worked for WEYI in the past had similar issues with her.

sinklair

Post by sinklair » Mon Aug 29, 2022 11:39 pm

Matt: it was a simple request. You apologize for publicly trashing me and I’ll do the same for the insults you believe I used toward my former station. Since you won’t live up to your own decorum standards, I have a hard time taking anything else you say seriously. As the title of this post indicates, you are the original malcontent.

Franko: You say “ It must be a sad world you live in to have to keep caring about something that does not impact your life or concern you in any way.” That’s kinda like how it must be sad that you continue to care about whatever I say since you haven’t worked at 25-66 with me.

People continue to use double standards. They say since I no longer work at 25-66, I shouldn’t be able to voice my opinions on how they run their station. That’s BS… especially since those who are making such statements themselves don’t work for these stations either. By their own standards, only people who work for the tv station should be able to comment… and then only post positive stories about their coworkers, managers and ownership group?? That doesn’t sound like a public message board.

It’s also a double standard when they criticize me and not the other posters who also used to work at 25-66 and frequently comment on their experiences with staff and managers there. I have great respect for posters like Herm and Nooz Dude, both who no longer work at Pierson Road. I also frequently disagree with them about what the station should be doing to better support their employees and improve the quality of their newscasts. But I would never say they shouldn’t post in the Buzzboard since they no longer work at 25-66. Quite the opposite. Because of their previous experience, they and others provide a unique perspective that I think broadens these discussions. But you can’t always just listen to one side or only the side you want to believe. That’s why I’m going to — as Dave Bondy would say — keep on “keeping it real.”

You may not always like what I have to say, or the way I sometimes say it, but that’s not the point. The point is to give a voice to the issues that make local TV and radio stations a valuable voice in our communities. And I believe the people doing that work — anchors, reporters, photojournalists, producers, directors — all deserve to be supported in a way that management at 25-66 have failed to do so recently.

Matt

Post by Matt » Tue Aug 30, 2022 6:59 am

Stink, I haven't attacked you - I have called you out for publicly trashing former colleagues. You no longer work in the field, but from what I hear, you are doing a PHENOMENAL job in your new career as a meter maid.
Voting for Trump is dumber than playing Russian Roulette with fully loaded chambers.

sinklair

Post by sinklair » Tue Aug 30, 2022 8:43 pm

Matt, with your investigative skills, it’s a surprise that you haven’t landed that job at 60 Minutes.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic