Acceptable registrations in the queue through May 6 at 7:00p ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Sinclair Cyber Attack

Discussion pertaining to the Tri-Cities, Flint, Mt. Pleasant, and Bad Axe
sinklair

Sinclair Cyber Attack

Post by sinklair » Tue Jul 06, 2021 6:46 am

You’d think with as many phishing “tests” that we’re made to take at 25-66 and every other SBG station that we’d be better prepared for potential cyber attacks… but nope.

https://www.ftvlive.com/sqsp-test/2021/ ... ber-attack

Deleted User 15062

Re: Sinclair Cyber Attack

Post by Deleted User 15062 » Tue Jul 06, 2021 12:57 pm

There is no validity to this story. No cities mentioned, no explanation of computers hit, no comments from Sinclair personnel, no dates and the tell tale gossip phrase... "Sources tell..."

For all we know, it could be old Windows 95 computers that were hit 3 years ago. Or it could be simple gossip to gain attention. Nobody can duplicate or research the claim on that site.

No matter what anyone thinks of the site, this was poor reporting.

sinklair

Post by sinklair » Tue Jul 06, 2021 10:06 pm

Teddy: lack of sourcing does not mean that the cyber attack isn’t impacting Sinclair’s network.

Deleted User 15555

Post by Deleted User 15555 » Tue Jul 06, 2021 11:02 pm

Maybe Dave signed up for his 33rd social media platform and they got in that way.

Deleted User 15062

Post by Deleted User 15062 » Tue Jul 06, 2021 11:04 pm

sinklair wrote:
Tue Jul 06, 2021 10:06 pm
Teddy: lack of sourcing does not mean that the cyber attack isn’t impacting Sinclair’s network.
But it doesn't mean it's real either. Journalism 101. Read the chapter on validity.

MasterB

Post by MasterB » Tue Jul 06, 2021 11:45 pm

WWMT newscast had no troubles did 25-66 have any problems getting the newscast on today.
Go Pistons, Let's Go Redwings.

sinklair

Post by sinklair » Wed Jul 07, 2021 12:45 am

Master: no, it didn’t impact on air operations. Our automation master control and production control systems are designed to be separate from the rest of the network. I’d assume WWMT’s is designed similarly.

BTS: good one. We spend waaaay too much time on these fad social media platforms.

Teddy: it seems your issue is with Scott Jones with FTV Live. I’m sure he’d appreciate your constructive criticism. But since Jones deals largely with TV station employees sharing anonymous tips, he frequently doesn’t disclose his sources. If you want to discount the stories for that reason, I guess that’s your right. However, he is usually right on with his reporting.

sinklair

Post by sinklair » Wed Jul 07, 2021 6:03 am

Here’s the note sent to Chief Engineers (including 25-66’s Chris “I’m no Bill” Harris) about the holiday weekend cyber attack on Sinclair servers:
https://www.ftvlive.com/sqsp-test/2021/ ... ber-attack

Deleted User 15062

Post by Deleted User 15062 » Fri Jul 09, 2021 5:35 pm

Once again... anyone can type something and scan/screen grab it. An email address would have validated this. Did nobody learn about validity in reporting? Am I the only one?

Let's also ask why mainstream media never picked it up? A broadcast company getting hit is major news. Now add a conservative broadcast group and liberal media. Think about it.

Something's fishier than a vajajay.

sinklair

Post by sinklair » Sat Jul 10, 2021 8:35 am

Teddy: I don’t know anything about your conspiracy theory, but ask anyone at 25-66 and we’ll confirm the cyber attack happened. Busy day for our Chief Engineer and Marc, our IT guy. I mean, if you're really that worried about “validation” it shouldn’t be too hard for you to confirm.

Deleted User 15062

Post by Deleted User 15062 » Sat Jul 10, 2021 2:30 pm

sinklair wrote:
Sat Jul 10, 2021 8:35 am
Teddy: I don’t know anything about your conspiracy theory, but ask anyone at 25-66 and we’ll confirm the cyber attack happened. Busy day for our Chief Engineer and Marc, our IT guy. I mean, if you're really that worried about “validation” it shouldn’t be too hard for you to confirm.
Then use validation to confirm it. Until you do, it's just gossip. Who, what, where, when. Everything must be able to be duplicated by the source or sources. Email addresses help.

So far, the only one having issues with me questioning is you.

sinklair

Post by sinklair » Sat Jul 10, 2021 4:03 pm

Teddy: you think of yourself way too highly if you think I’m having issues with you. I’m just trying to prevent an epidemic of stupidity from becoming contagious because of some of the BS you’re spreading.

Deleted User 15062

Post by Deleted User 15062 » Sun Jul 11, 2021 1:15 am

sinklair wrote:
Sat Jul 10, 2021 4:03 pm
Teddy: you think of yourself way too highly if you think I’m having issues with you. I’m just trying to prevent an epidemic of stupidity from becoming contagious because of some of the BS you’re spreading.
I'm not thinking of myself. I'm thinking of the low level minds that believe the moon is made of green cheese and has lox on it. Not sure where anyone can think 1 website, which appears to be not legit, says the truth. It's sad when media people believe that stuff. And whatsmore, you claim to work at one of the stations, yet show no proof claiming your station was hit. There's no proof, because you are not offering any reliable info. If you so hot like me pointing this out, your best step should be pointing duplicative and reliable info. Not being pompous because you CAN'T prove that this whole thread is even real. As for stupidity, this exact thread is it. Sounds as stupid as LovinLoser101 topics, under various names. Could "Sinklair" be one of them?

sinklair

Post by sinklair » Sun Jul 11, 2021 5:44 am

Teddy: believe what you want to believe. If you want to put your head in the sand and proclaim the world is flat, so be it. It still doesn’t change the fact that Sinclair did face a hack that impacted its operation.

You don’t work here. You can’t offer any insight to the contrary. Anything else you proclaim is simply false conjecture.

I’ve spent lots of time calling out LL101’s hate. Will continue to do so when he manages to create new accounts.

Deleted User 15062

Post by Deleted User 15062 » Mon Jul 12, 2021 9:23 am

My contact at 25/66 confirms there was no cyber attack. He would definitely know.

Jennifer also said there was no attacks. If you actually worked there, you'd know her.

2 sources at 25/66 that deny your claims.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic