Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 16 at 11:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Nomination: Any and All Racists

Miss the posts from your favorite flame artist or troll who added little to no value to the Buzzboard? Read 'em here!
F-Squared

Nomination: Any and All Racists

Post by F-Squared » Sun Jul 21, 2019 1:02 pm

You know who you are.
Last edited by F-Squared on Sun Jul 21, 2019 1:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

zzand

Re: Nomination: Any and All Racists

Post by zzand » Sun Jul 21, 2019 4:06 pm

Seriously? Good luck on that

F-Squared

Post by F-Squared » Sun Jul 21, 2019 7:07 pm

zzand wrote:Seriously? Good luck on that
I just mean everyone on the buzzboard who's racist. If I could irl, I would.

Jeff Dugan

Post by Jeff Dugan » Sun Jul 21, 2019 7:49 pm

F-Squared wrote:
Sun Jul 21, 2019 7:07 pm
zzand wrote:Seriously? Good luck on that
I just mean everyone on the buzzboard who's racist. If I could irl, I would.
You hit that one out of the park, this board is so filled with some type of hatred, racism, political or otherwise. And double good luck on that one, I just hope the Douche Bag Repository has enough room for everyone.

FET-500

Post by FET-500 » Wed Jul 24, 2019 7:00 pm

This troll thread failed to attain critical mass.

F-Squared

Post by F-Squared » Wed Jul 24, 2019 8:33 pm

FET-500 wrote:Image

This troll thread failed to attain critical mass.
This wasn't a troll thread.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

FET-500

Post by FET-500 » Thu Jul 25, 2019 12:20 pm

Specifically, it was a "virtue signaling" troll.

F-Squared

Post by F-Squared » Thu Jul 25, 2019 12:38 pm

FET-500 wrote:Specifically, it was a "virtue signaling" troll.
Actually no. It was made to call out a few people on this forum without calling them by name.

zzand

Post by zzand » Fri Jul 26, 2019 5:08 am

That would be in your opinion. These days disagreeing with some people's opinion gets that tag hung on you even though you are not one.

Jeff Dugan

Post by Jeff Dugan » Fri Jul 26, 2019 7:53 am

zzand wrote:
Fri Jul 26, 2019 5:08 am
That would be in your opinion. These days disagreeing with some people's opinion gets that tag hung on you even though you are not one.
Very well said.

F-Squared

Post by F-Squared » Sun Sep 01, 2019 2:01 pm

zzand wrote:That would be in your opinion. These days disagreeing with some people's opinion gets that tag hung on you even though you are not one.
Jeff Dugan wrote:
zzand wrote:
Fri Jul 26, 2019 5:08 am
Very well said.
I don't know what you're referring to but racism just isn't right. If you haven't come to that conclusion yet, then you should, because such an opinion is invalid, enough said.

zzand

Post by zzand » Mon Sep 02, 2019 10:37 am

I agree it is bad but the word has lost all meaning. Now if you don't think like others you are racist, Don't like that candidate? racist. Not a member of whatever political party? racist..It is stupid, it has gotten out of hand and it needs to stop. Let me know when it quits being a label for someone who disagrees with your thinking on any subject from cars to chicken sandwiches and then we can have a rational discussion on it.

Bryce

Post by Bryce » Tue Sep 03, 2019 8:28 am

zzand wrote:
Mon Sep 02, 2019 10:37 am
I agree it is bad but the word has lost all meaning. Now if you don't think like others you are racist, Don't like that candidate? racist. Not a member of whatever political party? racist..It is stupid, it has gotten out of hand and it needs to stop. Let me know when it quits being a label for someone who disagrees with your thinking on any subject from cars to chicken sandwiches and then we can have a rational discussion on it.
Wonder when exactly the definition changed?
From Webster's:
Definition of racism
1 : a belief that race is the primary determinant of human traits and capacities and that racial differences produce an inherent superiority of a particular race
Personally, I think much of what is called racism today is actually culturism.

New York and Chicago were all in with respect to their sanctuary status — until they were hit with the challenge of actually providing sanctuary. In other words, typical liberal hypocrisy.

zzand

Post by zzand » Tue Sep 03, 2019 1:06 pm

Bryce, I think it started with the Obama election cycle

F-Squared

Post by F-Squared » Tue Sep 03, 2019 6:00 pm

zzand wrote:I agree it is bad but the word has lost all meaning. Now if you don't think like others you are racist, Don't like that candidate? racist. Not a member of whatever political party? racist..It is stupid, it has gotten out of hand and it needs to stop. Let me know when it quits being a label for someone who disagrees with your thinking on any subject from cars to chicken sandwiches and then we can have a rational discussion on it.
No, that's obviously not what it means. I'm with you, a lot of things are being accused as "racist," but I'm still referring to the true definition of racism here, and I absolutely never said otherwise, so I'm not sure what makes you think I did.
Bryce wrote:
zzand wrote:
Mon Sep 02, 2019 10:37 am
Wonder when exactly the definition changed?
From Webster's:
Definition of racism
1 : a belief that race is the primary determinant of human traits and capacities and that racial differences produce an inherent superiority of a particular race
Personally, I think much of what is called racism today is actually culturism.
Yes, that's the definition of racism. Webster's English Dictionary says so, so it's true, and that's what I believe it is.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic