Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 16 at 11:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

WalMart Radio

A place to discuss national and regional television and radio programming.
bmw

WalMart Radio

Post by bmw » Wed Jan 30, 2019 11:02 pm

I've noticed that playing in our local WalMart is music branded as "WalMart Radio." I think they even have DJ's. Music leans pop/AC - actually more aggressive than what I would expect to hear somewhere like Wal Mart.

Do all WalMart's play this? And how many other corporations with brick-n-mortar locations have their own in-house radio stations?

stopnswop2

Re: WalMart Radio

Post by stopnswop2 » Wed Jan 30, 2019 11:58 pm

the music at the Walmart here in Novi plays a similar format of music, but i've never heard any announcement calling it Walmart radio. Maybe i just didn't hear it. It is always so loud in there

Music is my life.

Deleted User 4520

Post by Deleted User 4520 » Thu Jan 31, 2019 9:23 am

All of the Walmart locations in northern Michigan have Walmart Radio. A time or two I've heard Ozzy's Crazy Train. The music is way better than the music supermarkets play!

Deleted User 14888

Post by Deleted User 14888 » Thu Jan 31, 2019 3:45 pm

Wal-Mart radio needs Oldies 84 to Program their station, Hell I could do a better job than whoever is putting that music together, I was in my Wal-Mart the other day in Utica and they played “You Light Up My Life” by Debbie Boone the next tune this is no lie “Paranoid” by Black Sabbath no shit the Wife noticed it and we just started laughing, So pay me some bucks and I’ll program Wal -Mart radio. No Problem.

SolarMax

Post by SolarMax » Thu Jan 31, 2019 8:29 pm

bmw wrote:
Wed Jan 30, 2019 11:02 pm
...how many other corporations with brick-n-mortar locations have their own in-house radio stations?
A lot of them. They're basically custom voice-tracked playlists. Some are kind of creative, some carry a musical format (oldies, country, rock, etc.) per week or month, and many seem like random "mix tapes." They're probably all carefully programmed to be finely tuned aural psychological cues to put us in the mood to buy appliances or avocados.
The Internet Archive has hours upon hours of Kmart in-store audio from the 80s-90s.

Realist

Post by Realist » Thu Jan 31, 2019 9:25 pm

I googled Walmart radio. They have their own Facebook page, have live DJ’S and WallyWorld has provided toll free number for their associates to call in requests (Give us your name and store number!)

stopnswop2

Post by stopnswop2 » Fri Feb 01, 2019 3:10 am

Realist wrote:
Thu Jan 31, 2019 9:25 pm
I googled Walmart radio. They have their own Facebook page, have live DJ’S and WallyWorld has provided toll free number for their associates to call in requests (Give us your name and store number!)
Is that for real ?

Music is my life.

Realist

Post by Realist » Fri Feb 01, 2019 8:40 pm

Yep

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic