I've gotten slow & sloppy in activating new accounts lately; sorry about that! All new acct registrations in the queue as of 9/23 at 7:15a ET have been activated. Want to share your favorite Buzzboard posts with your social media page readers? Now, there's an easy way to do it! Visit this page for instructions: viewtopic.php?f=39&t=47643

(Note: hover your mouse pointer near the upper right corner of this box and click the "x" to close it.)

Cher above sweeps

Discussion pertaining to the Tri-Cities, Flint, Mt. Pleasant, and Bad Axe
lovinlife101

Cher above sweeps

Post by lovinlife101 » Sat Sep 08, 2018 8:50 am

Since time began, TV reporters have been complaining about not getting any days off during sweeps. Heck, some with frosted tips try to make you feel like they sacrifice a lot putting work before their spouses (true story).

But this one takes the cake.

It’s one thing to complain about being required to work sweeps. It’s another to put it on social media and tell others to speak to your boss about why you should be allowed a day off during sweeps to see a Cher concert.

It would be funny if it weren’t true.

R Bedell

Re: Cher above sweeps

Post by R Bedell » Sat Sep 08, 2018 9:19 am

Might be interesting if we knew specifically what & who you are talking about.

autolab

Post by autolab » Sat Sep 08, 2018 10:22 am

It could only be one person... David "Fan Boy" Custer. It's more of his usual "look at me" attitude. It says a lot that he places more importance on a concert (that he's been too dozens of times) than the rest of his crew. The rest of us have to work sweeps as required by management. He only wants to play a journalist when it suits him. Working sweeps is something we all signed up for when we got into the business. So why should Custer get special treatment that the rest of us don't get?

That being said, watch that David will work on management including going all the way up to the GM to get the day off. So expect WNEM be number one in ratings for the ever important Cher demo. Yippee

lovinlife101

Post by lovinlife101 » Sat Sep 08, 2018 11:11 am

He’s not the only fanboy.

If Howard Stern were in town, Jason Fielder would find a way to get a cold really quickly.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=SXrsMllJbz8

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=VurQH9ldkrE

R Bedell

Post by R Bedell » Sat Sep 08, 2018 12:50 pm

OK...it's Custer. Not a fan for numerous reasons. I think he is clueless as to what a real journalist is. Those mind numbing pro-mo's where he and Boyd kept patting each other on the back with childish reasons, and heaping praise on each other, was enough to make me puke.

But, I am sure the TV5 Management will keep these two bozo's around.

lovinlife101

Post by lovinlife101 » Sat Sep 08, 2018 2:46 pm

I don’t get it.

I thought the era of divas was over. What happened?

You can’t tell me there aren’t people out there that would love to be a television news anchor and work while Cher is in town.

autolab

Post by autolab » Sat Sep 08, 2018 8:27 pm

There are people who would love to anchor... they just don't want to move their family across the country to work in Saginaw for minimum wage. #thetv5way

TeddyBear

Post by TeddyBear » Sun Sep 09, 2018 2:07 pm

Just the idea of a male wanting to see Cher sing "SOS", says allot about him. Did I hear someone say "Gurlfiend?"

I'm here, I'm qweer, and I'm not going away!

whitebalance

Post by whitebalance » Sun Sep 09, 2018 2:44 pm

Lots of jealous 12 and 25 people on here.

TeddyBear

Post by TeddyBear » Sun Sep 09, 2018 4:26 pm

whitebalance wrote:
Sun Sep 09, 2018 2:44 pm
Lots of jealous 12 and 25 people on here.
Seriously, there are not that many faggy straight people out there. Maybe 1"fag hag" in the bunch. How many heteros really wanna see her, when the old stuff is dead. She is trying to promote her Abba remake album. She's also doing what Wynona Judd did promote to gay audiences.

lovinlife101

Post by lovinlife101 » Sun Sep 09, 2018 7:32 pm

Can you imagine the kind words on the farewell cake if he got out of the business?

It would say, “To the person who would rather see Cher than work.”

JRBlitz

Post by JRBlitz » Sun Sep 09, 2018 9:15 pm

Here is what was posted. This is absurd, but Meredith allows him to get away with it.

Here’s my dilemma...here we go again! How do I start a petition? You all are blowing up my social media letting me know that “Aunt Cher” is coming to town on tour and I am beyond excited. However...BIG However...my bosses don’t allow us to have days off in February or May because it’s “Sweeps” which is important for TV ratings. The two nights she’s coming to Michigan are in Sweeps! How do I convey to them that to me this is a H*** life event...like my 38-year-old bar mitzvah...my adult sweet sixteen (X2 + 8 - 2 + 0)... I was gonna say my gay marriage but that’s legal for now...??? HELP!!! This isn’t just some dude wanting a night off for some concert. This is my Cher!!! I would be devastated...you would be devastated...if I wasn’t there. My viewers want this!! Lol

TeddyBear

Post by TeddyBear » Mon Sep 10, 2018 6:12 pm

JRBlitz wrote:
Sun Sep 09, 2018 9:15 pm
Here is what was posted. This is absurd, but Meredith allows him to get away with it.

Here’s my dilemma...here we go again! How do I start a petition? You all are blowing up my social media letting me know that “Aunt Cher” is coming to town on tour and I am beyond excited. However...BIG However...my bosses don’t allow us to have days off in February or May because it’s “Sweeps” which is important for TV ratings. The two nights she’s coming to Michigan are in Sweeps! How do I convey to them that to me this is a H*** life event...like my 38-year-old bar mitzvah...my adult sweet sixteen (X2 + 8 - 2 + 0)... I was gonna say my gay marriage but that’s legal for now...??? HELP!!! This isn’t just some dude wanting a night off for some concert. This is my Cher!!! I would be devastated...you would be devastated...if I wasn’t there. My viewers want this!! Lol
His coming out was posted where?

DAC

Post by DAC » Mon Sep 10, 2018 10:06 pm

I think he's always been "out," I don't recall any actual announcement.

lovinlife101

Post by lovinlife101 » Tue Sep 11, 2018 6:49 am

TeddyBear wrote:
Mon Sep 10, 2018 6:12 pm
JRBlitz wrote:
Sun Sep 09, 2018 9:15 pm

His coming out was posted where?
What does coming out have to do with anything here? I support LGBTQ+ 100%. That has nothing to do with this post.

Dudley

Post by Dudley » Tue Sep 11, 2018 8:18 pm

Teddy Bear... Next time say nothing and call in sick!

TeddyBear

Post by TeddyBear » Wed Sep 12, 2018 4:13 pm

Paleeze. What str8 guy calls her "Auntie Cher?" He clearly outted himself.

lovinlife101

Post by lovinlife101 » Wed Sep 12, 2018 6:29 pm

TeddyBear wrote:
Wed Sep 12, 2018 4:13 pm
Paleeze. What str8 guy calls her "Auntie Cher?" He clearly outted himself.
He should just call up his “aunt” and have her change the dates of her concerts. It’s really that easy.

DAC

Post by DAC » Wed Sep 12, 2018 11:27 pm

This is the dumbest conversation ever. He has never been "in!" He's been openly gay since before joining TV5, not that it's any of our business.

IIN4MU

Post by IIN4MU » Thu Sep 13, 2018 10:08 pm

Is he taking the day off tomorrow to watch Cher on "Ellen'? :rollin

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic