All new acct registrations in the queue as of 10/14 at 10:00a ET have been activated. Want to share your favorite Buzzboard posts with your social media page readers? Now, there's an easy way to do it! Visit this page for instructions: viewtopic.php?f=39&t=47643

(Note: hover your mouse pointer near the upper right corner of this box and click the "x" to close it.)

All LGBTQ+ newscast

Discussion pertaining to the Tri-Cities, Flint, Mt. Pleasant, and Bad Axe
lovinlife101

All LGBTQ+ newscast

Post by lovinlife101 » Tue Aug 07, 2018 9:52 am

I’ve had this idea for a while. Why not an all LGBTQ+ newscast? Maybe just once a year, once a month, or every Frigay.

Let’s see how inclusive and tolerant this area is!

News, sports, and weather, all produced by LGBTQ+!

Even behind the scenes folks!

Hey, why not invite Nick Lulli back! WNEM could give a public apology. It would be “TV Magic!”

ral315

Re: All LGBTQ+ newscast

Post by ral315 » Tue Aug 07, 2018 3:02 pm

I'm gayer than Christmas, and this is a really dumb idea.

First - logistics. How do you find that many people with television experience who are LGBT, and living in the Flint area, and who don't have contracts that would keep them from changing stations for a day? Or are you suggesting they put people on the air who don't have television experience to fill their quota? Because you'd have a half-hour of people awkwardly staring at a TelePrompTer, missing camera cues, etc.

After you deal with talent, you're talking about also an all-LGBT behind-the-scenes crew. So you're suggesting that they would find producers, cameramen, and all the other positions, and employ them for one day? Throw an entirely new crew into a studio they've never worked in, and give them six hours to produce the 6:00 news. That sounds like a trainwreck.

On a personal level, I find the idea of it offensive, like gays are a "theme day". Today LGBT, tomorrow dog-lovers, the following day, school children deliver the news. If you want more LGBTQ+ coverage on TV (and I do), let's get stories on pride parades - it would be nice to show homophobes that they're not just hundreds of horny people in assless chaps. Let's get stories about teens getting thrown out of their homes because they're LGBT, and the organizations that help them out. Or for that matter, hire a good LGBTQ+ candidate as a full-time employee, instead of using them, as you're describing, as a marketing tool to get ratings for sweeps.

DAC

Post by DAC » Tue Aug 07, 2018 4:52 pm

101's posts are the equivalent of someone who talks just to hear themselves talking.

Bryce

Post by Bryce » Tue Aug 07, 2018 6:22 pm

Yeah, I'm thinking on Monday's 12 should have an all police officer newscast too.

~If the left didn't have double standards, they'd have no standards at all."~

Frank Booth

Post by Frank Booth » Wed Aug 08, 2018 3:49 am

Well everyone will be dressed well and the program will have a lot of personality. Might not be all bad ha ha

I-Heart Media, I ask you to please bring back 106.7 The D, but without Journey,Eddie money, or Styx. ALT 106.7 sucks ass!

lovinlife101

Post by lovinlife101 » Wed Aug 08, 2018 7:33 am

ral315 wrote:
Tue Aug 07, 2018 3:02 pm

First - logistics. How do you find that many people with television experience who are LGBT, and living in the Flint area, and who don't have contracts that would keep them from changing stations for a day? Or are you suggesting they put people on the air who don't have television experience to fill their quota? Because you'd have a half-hour of people awkwardly staring at a TelePrompTer, missing camera cues, etc.

After you deal with talent, you're talking about also an all-LGBT behind-the-scenes crew. So you're suggesting that they would find producers, cameramen, and all the other positions, and employ them for one day? Throw an entirely new crew into a studio they've never worked in, and give them six hours to produce the 6:00 news. That sounds like a trainwreck.

On a personal level, I find the idea of it offensive, like gays are a "theme day". Today LGBT, tomorrow dog-lovers, the following day, school children deliver the news. If you want more LGBTQ+ coverage on TV (and I do), let's get stories on pride parades - it would be nice to show homophobes that they're not just hundreds of horny people in assless chaps. Let's get stories about teens getting thrown out of their homes because they're LGBT, and the organizations that help them out. Or for that matter, hire a good LGBTQ+ candidate as a full-time employee, instead of using them, as you're describing, as a marketing tool to get ratings for sweeps.
There are no levels of gay. You either are or aren’t. So claiming to be “gayer than Christmas” is ignorant. I’m surprised you didn’t use the three dollar bill illustration.

Finding them as talent and behind the scenes people is no problem. OPEN YOUR EYES!

It’s inclusive. Not offensive.

Oh, and not all those in pride parades are “just hundreds of horny people in assless chaps.” My straight friends have marched along with me.

I accept you, but you’re ignorant.

Bdl

Post by Bdl » Wed Aug 08, 2018 9:48 am

Here's your chance...maybe even create your own network! GET BUSY! Come back in a few years and give us an update.

sfpcc

Post by sfpcc » Wed Aug 08, 2018 10:04 am

There's a newspaper called Between The Lines that kind of does the same thing, (albiet in a different medium.) You can find it at Whole Paycheck, (Whole Foods.) There's also Logo, but every time it turn it on it's showing an old sitcom. I don't think they have a newscast.

organman95

Post by organman95 » Wed Aug 08, 2018 12:10 pm

Excuse my French... What the fuck?

In The Bleachers

We the people

Post by In The Bleachers » Wed Aug 08, 2018 6:14 pm

Isn't it time to not give a toot what someone's sexual orientation, color, gender etc. is?
And I'm talking all across the board.
Why is such it a big deal when someone becomes the city's first black mayor? Or first Arab senator? Or first gay astronaut?
Let's get rid of the Ebony awards, the Congressional Black Caucus, Latino award programs, Gay Pride events, etc.

It's funny how the same ethnicities and orientations that say they want equality and acceptance, turn around and promote and be a part of things that remind everyone there is a difference.

Nothing will change until ALL incumbents are voted out of office.

lovinlife101

Post by lovinlife101 » Thu Aug 09, 2018 10:25 am

Take it easy! It was just an idea. Don’t get your ball gag in knots.

It could be very infrequent, maybe every other queer.

organman95

Re: We the people

Post by organman95 » Thu Aug 09, 2018 3:11 pm

In The Bleachers wrote:
Wed Aug 08, 2018 6:14 pm
Isn't it time to not give a toot what someone's sexual orientation, color, gender etc. is?
Why is such it a big deal when someone becomes the city's first black mayor? Or first Arab senator? Or first gay astronaut?
Let's get rid of the Ebony awards, the Congressional Black Caucus, Latino award programs, Gay Pride events, etc.

It's funny how the same ethnicities and orientations that say they want equality and acceptance, turn around and promote and be a part of things that remind everyone there is a difference.
Agreed. I've been saying that the last 10 years...

DAC

Re: We the people

Post by DAC » Thu Aug 09, 2018 4:31 pm

organman95 wrote:
Thu Aug 09, 2018 3:11 pm
In The Bleachers wrote:
Wed Aug 08, 2018 6:14 pm

Agreed. I've been saying that the last 10 years...
Good thoughts, but you guys are letting 101 pull your stings.

lovinlife101

Post by lovinlife101 » Fri Aug 10, 2018 1:25 pm

Wow, now we’ve got people who don’t want “LGBTQ+” mentioned here.

You’re all proving why I’m necessary.

TeddyBear

Post by TeddyBear » Sat Aug 11, 2018 1:55 pm

ral315 wrote:
Tue Aug 07, 2018 3:02 pm

First - logistics. How do you find that many people with television experience who are LGBT, and living in the Flint area, and who don't have contracts that would keep them from changing stations for a day? Or are you suggesting they put people on the air who don't have television experience to fill their quota?
First off, being gay and bi-gender, i would move to do this. I have on cam experience, however was not out.

This also had been done on PBS in the 90's, usually late night on Fridays, depending on the station. So it is definitely doable, but not original.

Ever hear of the gay channel CBS/Viacom owns called Logo? Very high amount of LGBTQ employees there. Seems for a community oriented entity, many LGBTQ and Ally people come out of the woodwork.

Wish Toledo would be more open on TV and radio.

I'm here, I'm qweer, and I'm not going away!

lovinlife101

Post by lovinlife101 » Sun Aug 12, 2018 9:47 am

TeddyBear wrote:
Sat Aug 11, 2018 1:55 pm
[quote=ral315 post_id=579825 time=<a href="tel:1533668534">1533668534</a> user_id=10391]

First - logistics. How do you find that many people with television experience who are LGBT, and living in the Flint area, and who don't have contracts that would keep them from changing stations for a day? Or are you suggesting they put people on the air who don't have television experience to fill their quota?
First off, being gay and bi-gender, i would move to do this. I have on cam experience, however was not out.

This also had been done on PBS in the 90's, usually late night on Fridays, depending on the station. So it is definitely doable, but not original.

Ever hear of the gay channel CBS/Viacom owns called Logo? Very high amount of LGBTQ employees there. Seems for a community oriented entity, many LGBTQ and Ally people come out of the woodwork.

Wish Toledo would be more open on TV and radio.
[/quote]

100% respect.

TeddyBear

Post by TeddyBear » Sun Aug 12, 2018 2:47 pm

Respect has nothing to do with it.. it's common sense. And the opposers actually "out" themselves, by opposing this common sense. They usually are secretly gay, with latent homosexual feelings. Same goes for making fun of a LGBTQ person.

lovinlife101

Post by lovinlife101 » Mon Aug 13, 2018 10:31 am

TeddyBear wrote:
Sun Aug 12, 2018 2:47 pm
Respect has nothing to do with it.. it's common sense. And the opposers actually "out" themselves, by opposing this common sense. They usually are secretly gay, with latent homosexual feelings. Same goes for making fun of a LGBTQ person.
I’m saying I respect you.

It’s unfortunate not everyone here does.

I often forget how intolerant and ignorant this world is until I get on here and it all comes rushing back.

TeddyBear

Post by TeddyBear » Mon Aug 13, 2018 3:12 pm

lovinlife101 wrote:
Mon Aug 13, 2018 10:31 am
TeddyBear wrote:
I’m saying I respect you.

It’s unfortunate not everyone here does.

I often forget how intolerant and ignorant this world is until I get on here and it all comes rushing back.
Try being bi-gender and gay. The folks, staff and management of Cumulus Toledo are cruel about it behind my back. They think I have no allies there. But remember, those who make fun are hiding something themselves.

Herm

Post by Herm » Wed Aug 15, 2018 11:15 am

TeddyBear wrote:
*an LGBTQ

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic