All new acct registrations in the queue as of 10/18 at 10:00p ET have been activated. Want to share your favorite Buzzboard posts with your social media page readers? Now, there's an easy way to do it! Visit this page for instructions: viewtopic.php?f=39&t=47643

(Note: hover your mouse pointer near the upper right corner of this box and click the "x" to close it.)

Morning News

Discussion pertaining to the Tri-Cities, Flint, Mt. Pleasant, and Bad Axe
whitebalance

Re: Morning News

Post by whitebalance » Sun Jan 07, 2018 9:30 pm

Frank Turner now doing the noon news and 5:30.

JRBlitz

Post by JRBlitz » Mon Jan 08, 2018 12:13 am

They also let Meg McLeod know she is doing just the 5:30 and 7 newscasts. She is dropped from 10 for David and Colette because Ian feels they have a connection with Mid-Michigan.

lovinlife101

Post by lovinlife101 » Mon Jan 08, 2018 8:46 am

At least it wasn’t packaged as a big announcement” and made to look like a promotion, which is a lie.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=-rEJibYWIpg

whitebalance

Post by whitebalance » Mon Jan 08, 2018 4:43 pm

The game of musical chairs with anchors will not help.Reminds me of the Lions organization.
I think it's time for a fresh management team and new consultants.

autolab

Post by autolab » Wed Jan 10, 2018 1:07 am

I hear TV5 morning met Chris Easlick is next to be kicked to the curb. Ian wants to put Kylee Miller on mornings so he can have an all-female cast.

R Bedell

Post by R Bedell » Thu Jan 11, 2018 12:23 am

I hear TV5 morning met Chris Easlick is next to be kicked to the curb. Ian wants to put Kylee Miller on mornings so he can have an all-female cast.
Oh goodie.....the TV5 Hen Club. LMAO

If I were Easlick, I would get the hell out of there.

JRBlitz

Post by JRBlitz » Thu Jan 11, 2018 5:23 am

Mornings have been very awkward. Alana's attempts at humor have fallen flat. Chris Easlick feels out of place with the revamped Wake-Up.

lovinlife101

Post by lovinlife101 » Fri Jan 12, 2018 7:32 am

I get the feeling that these managers won’t be satisfied until the anchors eat a fresh, steamy turd live on air and call it ice cream!

How much disrespect can people take? When a “big announcement” is a longtime anchor being demoted to the weekends and covered up as a way to “mentor new reporters,” you know someone is trying to blow smoke up your skirt.

Because you know that new reporters can’t be mentored Monday through Friday, it has to be Saturday and Sunday! Make sense? Nope! But the anchors are forced to say it and pretend it’s okay.

And was it simply said in passing to try to make the least amount of friction and cause the least amount of speculation? Nope! It’s scripted and performed verbatim TWICE! And posted TWICE! The ignorance and ineptitude is baffling!

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=kpf_wbUTgWE

TheForce

Post by TheForce » Fri Jan 12, 2018 7:49 am

WNEM has gone downhill fast since the departure of Sam and Katie. I don't have a problem with Craig. I think Meg and David are fantastic. I wish Darren was still there! I'm just not that into Sara and wasn't even when she was with 9&10. Amy Andrews in the morning was the best.

autolab

Post by autolab » Sun Jan 14, 2018 6:03 am

LL101: Difference is McMorris' was a forced move. Feick's move has lead 25-66 to beating 5 & 12 on most weekends. Not sure that 5's moves will improve the end product, while 25-66's shows by most accounts are better/more competitive than ever. It's that reason why morale at the rusty nickel is as low as it's been recently. Not hopeful for any change any time soon since Ian Rubin, "mastermind" of all these changes, is lobbying hard for the GM spot once Blinke retires.

IIN4MU

Post by IIN4MU » Tue Jan 16, 2018 7:15 pm

Julie Zoumbaris is inheriting quite a mess at the rusty nickel, for sure.

autolab

Post by autolab » Tue Jan 16, 2018 10:37 pm

It'll be interesting to see what difference Ms. Zoumbaris brings to TV5. No prior GM experience, but she's worked at both TV5 and WEYI so she knows the market dynamics. She's coming from Indy where's she's worked for WISH and WRTV -- 2 underperforming stations.

lovinlife101

Post by lovinlife101 » Tue Jan 16, 2018 11:07 pm

autolab wrote:
Sun Jan 14, 2018 6:03 am
LL101: Difference is McMorris' was a forced move. Feick's move has lead 25-66 to beating 5 & 12 on most weekends. Not sure that 5's moves will improve the end product, while 25-66's shows by most accounts are better/more competitive than ever. It's that reason why morale at the rusty nickel is as low as it's been recently. Not hopeful for any change any time soon since Ian Rubin, "mastermind" of all these changes, is lobbying hard for the GM spot once Blinke retires.
Feick’s demotion to weekends wasn’t a “forced move”? Did you not read anything I wrote or understand any part of reality?

Also, I need proof of your claims regarding the ratings. You just can’t say something without backing it up and expect anyone to believe you. Please and thank you.

JRBlitz

Post by JRBlitz » Wed Jan 17, 2018 2:47 am

Don't get too excited with the WNEM changes. Meredith went for the cheap and got it. The market has changed, and WNEM's in trouble.

Also, Meg seems to be on the outside looking in.

autolab

Post by autolab » Wed Jan 17, 2018 8:35 am

LL101: not sure why you feel the need to personally attack me... my statements stand for themselves.

If you are as well connected as you say you are, I'm sure you have access to the same ratings information that all TV stations use when it comes to measuring audience levels (most notably Nielsen and ComScore-Rentrak). Go ahead and ask any of your coworkers at your former employer, 5 and 25, where things stand ratings-wise.

Fact is the gap is closing between all Flint-Saginaw TV stations. It's one of the reasons why WNEM is making so many big on air changes. Management at the rusty Nickel sees the writing on the wall and declining revenue. Big question is whether the new GM will make the hard decisions that Al and Ian refused to make to produce a good product.

WJRT continues to defend against audience erosion in Genesee County, while the 25-66 combo looks like they are finally putting on its first competitive product in decades.

In the era where stations are tossing aside veteran talent, many of us are encouraged that good journalists like Mr. Feick can still find success and do so by upholding high ethics and being good to others. Standards I feel many stations are tossing aside in the pursuit of ratings, ad revenue, and social media "likes".

Keep positive and you're welcome.

lovinlife101

Post by lovinlife101 » Wed Jan 17, 2018 6:59 pm

What's your definition of "forced move"?

Are you saying Feick volunteered to be demoted to the weekends?

You said, "Difference is McMorris' was a forced move. Feick's move has lead 25-66 to beating 5 & 12 on most weekends." Regardless (or "irregardless" according to your vernacular) of whether ratings changed (which you still haven't proven yet), that has no bearing on employees being forced to work the shift they are assigned to by management. Both Feick and McMorris were forced to work weekends. No one volunteered for those shifts. I'd love to see you try to prove otherwise.

Your teachers failed you. When you made illogical arguments in your formative years, your teachers turned a blind eye and passed you through. I care too much to allow that. It's not a "personal attack." When someone of higher intelligence corrects someone of lower intelligence, it is not an attack, snowflake. The sooner you learn this, the better off you will be. Your personal improvement can begin today!

autolab

Post by autolab » Thu Jan 18, 2018 4:55 am

HL101: See if this sentence makes sense to you and your so-called "higher intelligence"... you are a troll.

This topic is about changes in the morning news. As hard as it is for you, please stay on topic. Stop trying to insult others.

Thank you and have a great day!

lovinlife101

Post by lovinlife101 » Fri Jan 19, 2018 10:02 am

My higher intelligence clearly offends you. I can’t change that. Only you can change your attitude.

JRBlitz

Post by JRBlitz » Fri Mar 30, 2018 5:11 am

WNEM has reduced local stories on Wakeup to just under 4 minutes. It's felt that viewers want to hear more about the feelings and emotions of Alana and Sara.

lovinlife101

Post by lovinlife101 » Wed Apr 04, 2018 5:14 pm

Anyone notice how the outside corners of Christine Winter’s mouth turn down while she’s speaking?

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic