Hello! Welcome to the Michigan Radio & TV Buzzboard. All accepted new account registrations through 1-21-2018 at 8:00p ET have been activated. I apologize for the delay in activating newly registered accounts.

(Note: hover your mouse pointer near the upper right corner of this box and click the "x" to close it.)

WNEM & Koch Bros & Right Wing Local News

Discussion pertaining to the Tri-Cities, Flint, Mt. Pleasant, and Bad Axe
autolab

WNEM & Koch Bros & Right Wing Local News

Post by autolab » Thu Dec 07, 2017 6:44 am

So now, WNEM's parent company Meredith is buying Time Inc. by partnering with the conservative Koch Brothers: http://money.cnn.com/2017/11/26/media/m ... index.html

Wonder what that will mean for TV5's editorial slant? Another local attempt to frame their news selection toward conservative issues and appease Trump voters is my guess.

In a related note, it appears that ABC and FOX are looking at a deal: http://variety.com/2017/biz/news/disney ... 202631508/

While the news properties will remain separate, I wouldn't be surprised if you start seeing some corporate "synergies".

Whatever happened to so-called liberal mainstream media? Not in mid-Michigan!

R Bedell

Re: WNEM & Koch Bros & Right Wing Local News

Post by R Bedell » Sat Dec 09, 2017 7:25 am

Wonder what that will mean for TV5's editorial slant? Another local attempt to frame their news selection toward conservative issues and appease Trump voters is my guess.
ROTF...LMAO.....oh that is good.

obc_radio

Post by obc_radio » Mon Dec 11, 2017 6:31 pm

:rollin
Is this a joke?

I think someone forgot to take their medication...

Ed Joseph

Post by Ed Joseph » Sat Dec 30, 2017 6:57 pm

The media hasn't been "lib'rul" in ages. Now that both parties are essentially the same circle of crooks wearing different colors, "news" is BS on ALL channels anymore. I don't even watch news now. It's a waste of time.
I confirm all my information through a high, white whore's souse!

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic