Hello! Welcome to the Michigan Radio & TV Buzzboard. Please visit the newly created "Buzzboard v3.0 features" forum to view announcements as to recently installed new features, as well as to report any issues or share your opinions regarding recent site changes. All accepted new account registrations through 9-17-2017 at 1:30p ET have been activated. I apologize for the delay in activating new accounts.

(Note: hover your mouse pointer near the upper right corner of this box and click the "x" to close it.)

Slow news day

Discussion pertaining to the Tri-Cities, Flint, Mt. Pleasant, and Bad Axe
lovinlife101
Posts: 934
Joined: Fri Jul 08, 2011 11:53 am

Slow news day

Post by lovinlife101 » Wed Jul 12, 2017 9:03 am

You can tell a lot about a news organization by what it airs during the slow times.

Can you imagine this happening in a news meeting.

Boss: So, what do we have for stories today?

Junior high reporter: I found a local woman who needs a new roof!

Boss: Brilliant!

I wish I were kidding.

http://www.wnem.com/clip/13478035/local ... of-ceiling

Did TV5 offer to help? Are employees rolling up their sleeves to pitch in? NOPE! Just doing a story on a local woman who needs a new roof. That's it. The actual "help" part is up to you, the viewers! I've seen lazy, but this one...wow.

What's next? Will they find someone who needs a new car, boat, hovercraft, college education, sex change? "Anybody need anything? We'll do a story on you!"

Oh, and then there's this!

Boss: So, we have a quadruple murder investigation going on right now, what else do we have?

Reporter fresh out of diapers: Some cops played basketball with a kid.

Boss: So? Adults play basketball with kids all the time. The Big Brothers Big Sisters organization facilitates thousands of adults playing with children every day.

Reporter removes pacifier: Oh, but I didn't tell you everything. Get this! The basketball game was a promise that the cops made to the kid!

Boss: We're pulling everyone off the quadruple murder story! It's dead (pun intended)! We're leading every newscast with the story of the cops keeping their promise and playing basketball with a kid.

Reporter removes formula bottle: Oh, and the cops are white and the kid is black.

Boss: We've just solidified our November sweeps calendar!

http://nbc25news.com/news/local/officer ... 7-year-old

Bdl
Posts: 73
Joined: Tue Nov 02, 2010 11:06 am

Re: Slow news day

Post by Bdl » Wed Jul 12, 2017 10:14 am

Give WNEM a call. You can use all the help you can get.

lovinlife101
Posts: 934
Joined: Fri Jul 08, 2011 11:53 am

Re: Slow news day

Post by lovinlife101 » Wed Jul 12, 2017 10:57 am

Bdl wrote:
Wed Jul 12, 2017 10:14 am
Give WNEM a call. You can use all the help you can get.
No. I won't.

franko75
Posts: 64
Joined: Fri Jun 01, 2007 1:34 am

Re: Slow news day

Post by franko75 » Wed Jul 12, 2017 12:53 pm

The story you are talking about I believe was about how the Saginaw police trying to have better community involvement. Is this a bad thing? Go back to your part time newspaper job dude.

lovinlife101
Posts: 934
Joined: Fri Jul 08, 2011 11:53 am

Re: Slow news day

Post by lovinlife101 » Wed Jul 12, 2017 1:27 pm

franko75 wrote:
Wed Jul 12, 2017 12:53 pm
The story you are talking about I believe was about how the Saginaw police trying to have better community involvement. Is this a bad thing? Go back to your part time newspaper job dude.
Did I say it was a "bad thing"? No, I didn't. You made that up. You also made up that I have a part time newspaper job. Also, 100% not true.

Your sentence that includes "...about how the Saginaw police trying to have better community involvement." needs work, but I got the idea.

R Bedell
Posts: 66
Joined: Fri Jun 27, 2014 8:26 am

Re: Slow news day

Post by R Bedell » Wed Jul 12, 2017 2:27 pm

Hell, there is a "slow news" day....everyday. Now, we have TV5 telling their viewers of the "Five things you need to know", several times a day, of mindless dumb shit.

lovinlife101
Posts: 934
Joined: Fri Jul 08, 2011 11:53 am

Re: Slow news day

Post by lovinlife101 » Thu Jul 13, 2017 2:43 pm

R Bedell wrote:
Wed Jul 12, 2017 2:27 pm
Hell, there is a "slow news" day....everyday. Now, we have TV5 telling their viewers of the "Five things you need to know", several times a day, of mindless dumb shit.
The whole place is a joke after Nick Lulli and Elvis Keller left.

DAC
Posts: 312
Joined: Wed Feb 16, 2005 5:43 pm

Re: Slow news day

Post by DAC » Thu Jul 13, 2017 7:52 pm

lovinlife101 wrote:
Thu Jul 13, 2017 2:43 pm
R Bedell wrote:
Wed Jul 12, 2017 2:27 pm
Hell, there is a "slow news" day....everyday. Now, we have TV5 telling their viewers of the "Five things you need to know", several times a day, of mindless dumb shit.
The whole place is a joke after Nick Lulli and Elvis Keller left.
So, to be clear on why you constantly pestered Nick Lulli and made fun of Drew Keller.. Is it simply because you're an asshole, or does it run even deeper?

lovinlife101
Posts: 934
Joined: Fri Jul 08, 2011 11:53 am

Re: Slow news day

Post by lovinlife101 » Thu Jul 13, 2017 9:12 pm

DAC wrote:
Thu Jul 13, 2017 7:52 pm
lovinlife101 wrote:
Thu Jul 13, 2017 2:43 pm
R Bedell wrote:
Wed Jul 12, 2017 2:27 pm
Hell, there is a "slow news" day....everyday. Now, we have TV5 telling their viewers of the "Five things you need to know", several times a day, of mindless dumb shit.
The whole place is a joke after Nick Lulli and Elvis Keller left.
So, to be clear on why you constantly pestered Nick Lulli and made fun of Drew Keller.. Is it simply because you're an asshole, or does it run even deeper?
"Drew Keller"? One should not be so cavalier in using proper names of The King!

DAC
Posts: 312
Joined: Wed Feb 16, 2005 5:43 pm

Re: Slow news day

Post by DAC » Thu Jul 13, 2017 9:35 pm

lovinlife101 wrote:
Thu Jul 13, 2017 9:12 pm
DAC wrote:
Thu Jul 13, 2017 7:52 pm
lovinlife101 wrote:
Thu Jul 13, 2017 2:43 pm
R Bedell wrote:
Wed Jul 12, 2017 2:27 pm
Hell, there is a "slow news" day....everyday. Now, we have TV5 telling their viewers of the "Five things you need to know", several times a day, of mindless dumb shit.
The whole place is a joke after Nick Lulli and Elvis Keller left.
So, to be clear on why you constantly pestered Nick Lulli and made fun of Drew Keller.. Is it simply because you're an asshole, or does it run even deeper?
"Drew Keller"? One should not be so cavalier in using proper names of The King!
Thank you for confirming the asshole theory.

lovinlife101
Posts: 934
Joined: Fri Jul 08, 2011 11:53 am

Re: Slow news day

Post by lovinlife101 » Fri Jul 14, 2017 8:54 am

DAC wrote:
Thu Jul 13, 2017 9:35 pm
lovinlife101 wrote:
Thu Jul 13, 2017 9:12 pm
DAC wrote:
Thu Jul 13, 2017 7:52 pm
lovinlife101 wrote:
Thu Jul 13, 2017 2:43 pm
R Bedell wrote:
Wed Jul 12, 2017 2:27 pm
Hell, there is a "slow news" day....everyday. Now, we have TV5 telling their viewers of the "Five things you need to know", several times a day, of mindless dumb shit.
The whole place is a joke after Nick Lulli and Elvis Keller left.
So, to be clear on why you constantly pestered Nick Lulli and made fun of Drew Keller.. Is it simply because you're an asshole, or does it run even deeper?
"Drew Keller"? One should not be so cavalier in using proper names of The King!
Thank you for confirming the asshole theory.
So, you ask a question about whether to call me a name or if there's a deeper issue. Then, you say I confirmed a theory for you.

Have you ever heard of the scientific method? Your process shows that you don't. I'm happy to teach you. One of my PhDs is in Natural Sciences!

JRBlitz
Posts: 189
Joined: Tue May 18, 2010 2:32 am
Contact:

Re: Slow news day

Post by JRBlitz » Sat Jul 15, 2017 2:36 am

WNEM just broadcasts the story trying to get the public to be aware of the problem. There's no way Al or Ian will fork over any cash to the woman in need. Knowing WNEM, the woman with a leaky roof was supplied with a Pennzoil gift certificate to help her save towards paying for a new roof herself.

http://www.wnem.com/category/317425/surprise-squad

DAC
Posts: 312
Joined: Wed Feb 16, 2005 5:43 pm

Re: Slow news day

Post by DAC » Sat Jul 15, 2017 3:49 am

LL101 is not only an asshole, but also a fraud. Both of those terms are used as adjectives, by the way.

Realist
Posts: 164
Joined: Wed Dec 13, 2006 10:36 pm

Re: Slow news day

Post by Realist » Sat Jul 15, 2017 6:31 pm

DAC wrote:
Sat Jul 15, 2017 3:49 am
LL101 is not only an asshole, but also a fraud. Both of those terms are used as adjectives, by the way.
Uh-oh - grammar teacher HL101 and he/she-it's intellectual superiority will try to correct you. God only knows that this douchebag is far superior to anyone else here.

Really starting to wonder if it's all a facade and HL101 is some computer nerd living in mom and dads basement...
Not an optimist or pestimist, but a realist on life

lovinlife101
Posts: 934
Joined: Fri Jul 08, 2011 11:53 am

Re: Slow news day

Post by lovinlife101 » Mon Jul 17, 2017 11:42 am

DAC wrote:
Sat Jul 15, 2017 3:49 am
LL101 is not only an asshole, but also a fraud. Both of those terms are used as adjectives, by the way.
Congratulations, you win the argument! Name-calling and profanity always beats logic and reason!

DAC
Posts: 312
Joined: Wed Feb 16, 2005 5:43 pm

Re: Slow news day

Post by DAC » Mon Jul 17, 2017 3:52 pm

Your purpose was to make fun of former local news personalities. Where's the logic and reason? You acted like an asshole, and I called you out as such.

lovinlife101
Posts: 934
Joined: Fri Jul 08, 2011 11:53 am

Re: Slow news day

Post by lovinlife101 » Tue Jul 18, 2017 9:09 am

DAC wrote:
Mon Jul 17, 2017 3:52 pm
Your purpose was to make fun of former local news personalities. Where's the logic and reason? You acted like an asshole, and I called you out as such.
Oh, was that my purpose? Then why have I complimented them more than any other on-air talent? Hmmm. Makes you think.

Your name-calling and profanity reveals your lack of a logical argument.

DAC
Posts: 312
Joined: Wed Feb 16, 2005 5:43 pm

Re: Slow news day

Post by DAC » Wed Jul 19, 2017 1:42 am

There is no "logical" way to "argue" with a troll like you, 101. But, please, keep responding. You are comedy gold.

lovinlife101
Posts: 934
Joined: Fri Jul 08, 2011 11:53 am

Re: Slow news day

Post by lovinlife101 » Wed Jul 19, 2017 9:11 am

DAC wrote:
Wed Jul 19, 2017 1:42 am
There is no "logical" way to "argue" with a troll like you, 101.
Sure there is! Give it a try! You may like it.

DAC
Posts: 312
Joined: Wed Feb 16, 2005 5:43 pm

Re: Slow news day

Post by DAC » Thu Jul 20, 2017 11:05 pm

lovinlife101 wrote:
Wed Jul 19, 2017 9:11 am
DAC wrote:
Wed Jul 19, 2017 1:42 am
There is no "logical" way to "argue" with a troll like you, 101.
Sure there is! Give it a try! You may like it.
Sorry, but I don't live in your alternate reality, where you are full of logic and wisdom. I'm stuck here in the real world.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests