Acceptable registrations in the queue through April 26 at 9:00p ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Burning Bridges

Discussion pertaining to Grand Rapids, Kalamazoo, Muskegon, Battle Creek, Big Rapids, and Michiana
sinklair

Burning Bridges

Post by sinklair » Tue Apr 16, 2024 7:12 am

Do ornery WOOD and Fox 17 Assistant News Director Andy Gillfillan wrote a LinkedIn post about the challenges he’s faced getting back into the industry after caring for his mom.

https://www.ftvlive.com/sqsp-test/2024/ ... pps-bridge

Andy takes a shot at Tegna and Scripps recruiters specifically for blocking his ability to get interviews, despite more than 20 years of experience in some of the biggest TV markets.

First, I’m not sure it’s the best approach to getting recruiters to call you back if you use a flamethrower… but I admire his courage to call out the hypocrisy of corporate gatekeepers and hacks like Matt Miller who claim he wants talented journalists but works to hire only cheap, inexperienced newbies in order to save money.

Andy was a great newsman in GR and Detroit. If you’re looking to build a team who will go after real news, give him a call/DM him today.

MasterB

Re: Burning Bridges

Post by MasterB » Tue Apr 16, 2024 11:59 pm

I doubt Andy Gillfillan will be hired by the major TV station groups since he called TEGNA & Scripps out. Not the way to get a job in this business Andy is done in my opinion maybe he gets a job in PR.
Go Pistons, Let's Go Redwings.

Jack5o2soco

Re: Burning Bridges

Post by Jack5o2soco » Thu Apr 18, 2024 1:15 pm

Yeah not the best way to get a job, but if he's got nothing to lose I admire him for calling them out. Best of luck to him.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic