Acceptable registrations in the queue through April 26 at 9:00p ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Tuning three different 98.7 stations in between G.R. and Lansing

Discussion pertaining to Grand Rapids, Kalamazoo, Muskegon, Battle Creek, Big Rapids, and Michiana
EmanResu

Tuning three different 98.7 stations in between G.R. and Lansing

Post by EmanResu » Wed Aug 23, 2023 6:46 pm

All,

On several occasions, I have heard three different stations on 98.7 simultaneously during my daily commute from the G.R. area to Lansing. The obvious is FGR. I figured out that the second is DZH out of Detroit. I haven't been able to determine the third. It's some sort of pop/dance/club/hip-hop. The third station plays a range of music that I don't think I am allowed to listen to because I am far too old and uncool. There's a news station in Ludington, a country translator in Dayton, A K-Love also in Ohio, another Christian station in Indiana, and a couple others in Indiana that are much too far and also the wrong format.

I have to say that it's a bit strange to hear Tom Petty and Lenny Kravitz at the same time or Jimmy Eat World and AJR's Bang!.

Any ideas about what the third station could be? It seems to tune in closer to Lansing, say around the Grand Ledge area.

ChrisWL1980

Re: Tuning three different 98.7 stations in between G.R. and Lansing

Post by ChrisWL1980 » Wed Aug 23, 2023 8:01 pm

Do you get this all the time, or has it just been within the past few days? With the extreme tropo we've been having, it could be from anywhere in the Upper Midwest or as far away as Kentucky or Tennessee.
98.7 WNNS in Springfield IL has an AC format, and AC stations sometimes play pop/dance/club music, so that's one possibility.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic