Acceptable registrations in the queue through April 26 at 9:00p ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Amanda Porter at WOOD TV

Discussion pertaining to Grand Rapids, Kalamazoo, Muskegon, Battle Creek, Big Rapids, and Michiana
Big-D

Amanda Porter at WOOD TV

Post by Big-D » Sun Aug 13, 2023 6:16 pm

Can someone at 120 College SE please educate Amanda on pronunciation again? It’s not an M-I-G 23; it’s a MiG23. Last night she pronounced Alexandra Limon’s last name wrong. When she first started, she mispronounced Emily Linnert’s last name two weeks in a row.

God do I miss Whitney Burney. She is an absolute total professional.

Southpaws airs Saturday nights at 11:00 on Global Community Radio Channel 1; weekly on Pacifica Radio affiliates KCEI-FM 90.1, Taos, NM; KZGM-FM 88.1, Cabool, MO; WMTB-LP 96.7, St. Petersburg, FL. Available on Spreaker, Apple Podcasts, & Pandora.

MasterB

Re: Amanda Porter at WOOD TV

Post by MasterB » Wed Aug 16, 2023 12:15 am

Whitney Burney is now in Detroit working for WXYZ I have seen a few of her reports on Fox17 been a while since I have seen a report from her on Fox17. I don't really pay attention to Amanda's pronunciation Whitney was the better anchor than Amanda she is just an ok anchor.
Go Pistons, Let's Go Redwings.

BirdieKingBobo

Post by BirdieKingBobo » Thu Aug 17, 2023 9:03 am

She may not be perfect, but at least she's not posting dancing TikTok videos like the "news" station over on 3 Mile.

Doktor No

Post by Doktor No » Sun Aug 20, 2023 6:56 pm

I find her news reading...problematic and contrived...8-) Let alone her pronunciations. Man shot on Burton and Boo-kannon Avenue? BOO-KAANAN? Then toss in the young news readers that have a problem pronouncing the T in the middle of a word..Mounan instead of mountain. Lanant instead of LATENT. THAT list goes on...are we all valley girls dude?

Radiodaze

Post by Radiodaze » Mon Aug 21, 2023 2:54 am

There are many news readers and reporters who add an SHT sound to words like STREET which becomes SHTREET and STRONG which becomes SHTRONG. Come on, let’s try to do better.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic