Acceptable registrations in the queue through April 26 at 9:00p ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Old soundchecks and TV commercials for West MI radio stations

Discussion pertaining to Grand Rapids, Kalamazoo, Muskegon, Battle Creek, Big Rapids, and Michiana
Realist

Re: Old soundchecks and TV commercials for West MI radio stations

Post by Realist » Tue May 09, 2023 7:47 pm

OBRYAN77 wrote:
Tue May 09, 2023 4:33 pm
What do I do with these old airchecks? As I grow older and saved these for years. It comes to a point where they just take up space. The kids don't want them. Except the ones with Dad's voice. I hate to see them eventually in a land fill. I've enjoyed listening to them through the years and I would certainly like to share them. They need to be preserved as part of Grand Rapids radio history. I thought I would compile a list of what I have.
WGRD 1974 Top 98 of 74 with Gary Hoffman
WGRD 7-31-84 98 Rock with Sean Stevens middays. Spots with Bob Berry and JJ Duling.
WGRD Jan 1989 with Jim Jackson and Maria Knight. Live remote with Frosty from Wild Steve's Stereo.
WGRD 1-17-90
WGRD 1-11-91
WKLQ 11-18-85 Hit Rock KLQ with Chris Mitchell. KLQ was so new. The spots were from retailers in Holland by Robert J. Wright and Mike Tinnis.
WKLQ 1-14-88 In the night time with double D. Danny Douglas
WKLQ 9-4-88 with Danny Douglas.
WJFM 11-18-85 All Hit 93 with Big Dave Fuller.
LAV FM 1982 with Tim Steele
LAV FM 1983 Aris in for Allison
LAV FM 1983 with Kev's all night cafe.
LAV FM 12-30-88
WLAV The History of LAV FM 15 years. Narrated by Matt Shafer Powell.
WCXT X105 Hart 1983.
Register a profile on YouTube and put the recordings on there

teetoppz28

Post by teetoppz28 » Wed May 10, 2023 9:50 am

Digitize them, store them in the cloud (or YouTube, as suggested), and donate the physical media to a museum or other historical document organization.
Dropping knowledge on forum MAGAts.
Unapologetically intellectually superior.

DJ-MichaelAngelo

Post by DJ-MichaelAngelo » Tue Oct 17, 2023 9:15 pm

MWmetalhead wrote:
Thu Feb 23, 2023 9:32 am
I also had no idea Pam Roberts of MUS fame worked at KLQ during its CHR era.

The first few seconds of this video clip confirms it! :) This is my first time ever posting on this board, but I hope to contribute more in the future. I transferred some old cassettes to mp3 recently that I had taped off the radio back in the mid/late 1980's. I was a big big Top 40 radio junkie as a kid back then, growing up here in Grand Rapids. I'd listen to both WGRD "98 Rock" and also WKLQ 94.5 to a lesser degree. Then of course every Sunday I would religiously listen to (and tape!) the Rick Dees Weekly Top 40, that would air on either 104.5 ("The New Sunny FM!") or FM-103 WKFR if memory serves. That man was my childhood comedy hero.

weathernut wrote:
Tue Feb 21, 2023 6:44 pm
The Q-morning zoo and the KLQ Air Force with Danny Douglass.
I didn't realize it at the time (maybe because I was barely a teenager, my radio-career years were still a long ways away) but this guy Danny Douglas had THEE BEST radio voice ever! I just unearthed these nightly segments I taped off the radio back in the late 80's they used to do on WKLQ, and decided to upload to YouTube to share with the world. It's where the on-air DJ would read out these "dedication lines" or whatever over the air, of messages that listeners had previously called in, to request a shout-out to a friend that would usually include a current song title. Fun stuff!

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic