Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 30 at 9:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

This is a perfect example of why mob rule is bad

Debate and discussion of current events and political issues across the U.S. and throughout the World. Be forewarned -- this forum is NOT for the intellectually weak or those of you with thin skins. Don't come crying to me if you become the subject of ridicule. **Board Administrator reserves the right to revoke posting privileges based on my sole discretion**
bmw

This is a perfect example of why mob rule is bad

Post by bmw » Mon Sep 16, 2019 9:56 am

Just in the past 48 hours:

First, from a New York Times article posted Saturday:
We also uncovered a previously unreported story about Mr. Kavanaugh in his freshman year that echoes Ms. Ramirez’s allegation. A classmate, Max Stier, saw Mr. Kavanaugh with his pants down at a different drunken dorm party, where friends pushed his penis into the hand of a female student. Mr. Stier, who runs a nonprofit organization in Washington, notified senators and the F.B.I. about this account, but the F.B.I. did not investigate and Mr. Stier has declined to discuss it publicly. We corroborated the story with two officials who have communicated with Mr. Stier
https://www.nytimes.com/2019/09/14/sund ... -yale.html

Then, the swift reaction from the left:
Democratic presidential candidates former HUD Secretary Julián Castro, former Rep. Beto O'Rourke, and Sens. Elizabeth Warren of Massachusetts and Kamala Harris of California called for Kavanaugh's impeachment.

"Last year the Kavanaugh nomination was rammed through the Senate without a thorough examination of the allegations against him," Warren wrote on Twitter. "Confirmation is not exoneration, and these newest revelations are disturbing. Like the man who appointed him, Kavanaugh should be impeached."
https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/pol ... 333921001/

Then, the correction by the NYT:
Editors’ Note: Sept. 15, 2019
An earlier version of this article, which was adapted from a forthcoming book, did not include one element of the book's account regarding an assertion by a Yale classmate that friends of Brett Kavanaugh pushed his penis into the hand of a female student at a drunken dorm party. The book reports that the female student declined to be interviewed and friends say that she does not recall the incident.
Oops.

So let me get this straight. Elizabeth Warren complains that Kavanaugh's confirmation was "rammed" through the Senate (which is blatantly false, but that isn't even the point), that the allegations against him were't thoroughly examined, but at the same time he should be IMPEACHED based on a flimsy, uncorroborated report in the New York Times? One which was ultimately corrected to point out that the newest accuser declined to be interviewed and doesn't even recall the incident?

To those of you who think Trump is a "dangerous" President, these loony Democrats are 100x worse. If you favor mob rule, vote for one of these clowns in 2020.

audiophile

Re: This is a perfect example of why mob rule is bad

Post by audiophile » Mon Sep 16, 2019 10:06 am

Looks like we duped on Kavanaugh threads.

I agree with your conclusions here.

Ask not what your country can do FOR you; ask what they are about to do TO YOU!!

bmw

Post by bmw » Mon Sep 16, 2019 10:41 am

Oops sorry about that - I overlooked yours or I would have posted this there.

What bugs me most about this is that once again, nobody on the left will admit that they jumped the gun or that they were wrong. This story will simply just "disappear." On one side you have Trump who just doubles down on being wrong on some things, and on the other side you have people who once they're embarrassed they just hope the story will magically go away. In terms of scale though, Trump's double-downs are on petty things where the impeachment of a Supreme Court justice is magnitudes higher in scale.

screen glare

Post by screen glare » Mon Sep 16, 2019 6:08 pm

LL - is our republic not a democratic institution?

You’re good at stating what you think (incorrectly) somebody else believes. You do that on this message board often. But then - you’re comfortable playing with yourself - so no surprise.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic