Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 16 at 11:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Build that wall

Debate and discussion of current events and political issues across the U.S. and throughout the World. Be forewarned -- this forum is NOT for the intellectually weak or those of you with thin skins. Don't come crying to me if you become the subject of ridicule. **Board Administrator reserves the right to revoke posting privileges based on my sole discretion**
bmw

Build that wall

Post by bmw » Fri Jul 26, 2019 8:47 pm

Tough break, liberals. First, the Mueller hearing was mostly a bust, and now....
The Supreme Court ruled Friday that President Trump can use $2.5 billion in military funding to begin building a portion of his long-sought wall along the nation's southern border.
https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/pol ... topstories

#winning

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Re: Build that wall

Post by MWmetalhead » Sat Jul 27, 2019 7:49 am

You mean the same $2.5 billion that Trump could've gotten through Congressional action over 18 months ago?

Why does Trump never discuss the USMCA anymore? When the fuck is Congress going to take action on it? I like the USMCA. I really do. But Trump and Penis - err, Pence - took their victory laps many months ago yet we still have not seen any legislation presented to Congress for approval!

If Obama were kissing Kim Jong Un's ass as much as Trump is, people like "Jeff" would be absolutely beside himself.

bmw

Post by bmw » Sat Jul 27, 2019 10:39 am

Your latter point is correct - Republican pundits absolutely GRILLED Obama repeatedly for saying he'd meet with Iran without pre-conditions, and I have no doubt that if Hillary had won and had been treating foreign dictators the same way Trump is, they'd be having one cow after another. No doubt about it.

As to the wall though, why is Trump to blame for lack of Congressional action? Did you already forget about the 35-day government shutdown just 7 months ago - a battle that Trump ultimately lost because the Democratic leadership acted like a bunch of whiny little you-know-whats?

As to the USMCA - be patient. https://www.reuters.com/article/us-usa- ... SKCN1UL2A3

Turkeytop

Post by Turkeytop » Sat Jul 27, 2019 12:31 pm

I trust Radio Havana

I started out with nothing and I still have most of it.

Turkeytop

Post by Turkeytop » Sat Jul 27, 2019 1:32 pm

Believe it. I do.

I started out with nothing and I still have most of it.

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Post by MWmetalhead » Sat Jul 27, 2019 1:50 pm

As to the wall though, why is Trump to blame for lack of Congressional action? Did you already forget about the 35-day government shutdown just 7 months ago - a battle that Trump ultimately lost because the Democratic leadership acted like a bunch of whiny little you-know-whats?
Trump was offered $2.5 billion about a year prior to the shutdown and declined it. Then instead of taking immediate action, he did a song-and-dance routine with Congress for a good 12-18 months before finally taking executive action.

Look, I support the wall. I think Congress definitely should've approved funding. But Trump squandered a least a full year, and many on the right took notice and began criticizing him for it (and deservedly so).

Lester The Nightfly

Post by Lester The Nightfly » Sat Jul 27, 2019 5:26 pm

MWmetalhead wrote:
Sat Jul 27, 2019 7:49 am
You mean the same $2.5 billion that Trump could've gotten through Congressional action over 18 months ago?

Why does Trump never discuss the USMCA anymore? When the fuck is Congress going to take action on it? I like the USMCA. I really do. But Trump and Penis - err, Pence - took their victory laps many months ago yet we still have not seen any legislation presented to Congress for approval!

If Obama were kissing Kim Jong Un's ass as much as Trump is, people like "Jeff" would be absolutely beside himself.
I'm just looking forward to the day a Democratic president sidesteps Congress with their pet project and cites Trump's SCOTUS case...

bmw

Post by bmw » Sun Jul 28, 2019 12:00 am

Lester The Nightfly wrote:
Sat Jul 27, 2019 5:26 pm
I'm just looking forward to the day a Democratic president sidesteps Congress with their pet project...
You got that already. https://www.npr.org/sections/thetwo-way ... immigrants
Lester The Nightfly wrote:
Sat Jul 27, 2019 5:26 pm
...and cites Trump's SCOTUS case...
And what would they cite exactly? All the court ruled on was on standing (or rather lack thereof) of the people who brought the suit.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic