Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 16 at 11:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Looking to gain CIII-29, CICO-32, and CHWI-16. Antenna recommendations?

The technical side of broadcasting. Think IBOC is a sham? Talk about it here! How about HDTV? Post DX reports here as well.
F-Squared

Looking to gain CIII-29, CICO-32, and CHWI-16. Antenna recommendations?

Post by F-Squared » Sat Jul 20, 2019 3:10 pm

In Warren. I got CIII-29 on my setup in Winter and a bit into Spring and I badly want it back now. Haven't been able to get CICO-32 or CHWI-16 on a stable signal since I picked them up on analog nearly a decade ago. I've tried with a ClearStream antenna lately and I get CICO and CHWI, and it's almost strong enough, but not quite. I have a ChannelMaster combiner just waiting to be used and I was wondering if any of you have recommendations for what antenna is best for picking up those three channels.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Last edited by F-Squared on Sat Jul 20, 2019 3:10 pm, edited 2 times in total.

fuzzpower

Re: Looking to gain CIII-29, CICO-32, and CHWI-16. Antenna recommendations?

Post by fuzzpower » Sat Jul 20, 2019 3:26 pm

You might have a better shot at CIII-22 Stevenson.

F-Squared

Post by F-Squared » Sun Jul 21, 2019 12:53 am

fuzzpower wrote:You might have a better shot at CIII-22 Stevenson.
Are you sure? I've never been able to pick it up at all.

windsor

Post by windsor » Sun Jul 21, 2019 6:09 pm

F-Squared wrote:
Sat Jul 20, 2019 3:10 pm
In Warren. I got CIII-29 on my setup in Winter and a bit into Spring and I badly want it back now. Haven't been able to get CICO-32 or CHWI-16 on a stable signal since I picked them up on analog nearly a decade ago. I've tried with a ClearStream antenna lately and I get CICO and CHWI, and it's almost strong enough, but not quite. I have a ChannelMaster combiner just waiting to be used and I was wondering if any of you have recommendations for what antenna is best for picking up those three channels.

CIII global is now on rf35 I have picked it up a bit while pointed at Cleveland.

Are you using the ClearStream 4V antenna???

The only other antenna that might work would be the DB8e or the 91XG, they are both 70 mile range.Or even a low db amp might help.

F**K Trudeau and F**K CBC !!!!

F-Squared

Post by F-Squared » Sun Jul 21, 2019 6:18 pm

windsor wrote:
F-Squared wrote:

CIII global is now on rf35 I have picked it up a bit while pointed at Cleveland.

The only other antenna that might work would be the DB8e or the 91XG, they are both 70 mile range.Or even a low db amp might help.
Yep, the ClearStream 4V. It's really struggled to pick up all three of those channels.

windsor

Post by windsor » Sun Jul 21, 2019 6:40 pm

F-Squared wrote:
Sun Jul 21, 2019 6:18 pm
windsor wrote:
F-Squared wrote:

Yep, the ClearStream 4V. It's really struggled to pick up all three of those channels.

I have the same one I bought it at bestbuy awhile back.I have the vhf kit dipole for it but it barely picks up WTOL/WTVG .I like uhf side of it though.

One thing I noticed was that it needs height.I pushed mine up 5/6 more ft and finally picked up WGTE rf29 and WNWO rf23 Toledo with better stable signal where my vhf/uhf combo HBU44 wont get a sniff.

You have a good antenna maybe more height...........

F-Squared

Post by F-Squared » Sun Jul 21, 2019 7:04 pm

windsor wrote:
F-Squared wrote:
windsor wrote:
F-Squared wrote:

I have the same one I bought it at bestbuy awhile back.I have the vhf kit dipole for it but it barely picks up WTOL/WTVG .I like uhf side of it though.

One thing I noticed was that it needs height.I pushed mine up 5/6 more ft and finally picked up WGTE rf29 and WNWO rf23 Toledo with better stable signal where my vhf/uhf combo HBU44 wont get a sniff.

Looks like I'll have to get an antenna mast then Image

windsor

Post by windsor » Sun Jul 21, 2019 7:49 pm

F-Squared wrote:
Sun Jul 21, 2019 7:04 pm
windsor wrote:
F-Squared wrote:
windsor wrote:
F-Squared wrote:

Looks like I'll have to get an antenna mast then Image

Plz let me know how it turns out..... :D

Splouge

Post by Splouge » Tue Sep 03, 2019 1:02 pm

I can get CHWI-16 reliably indoors with a Clearstream 2Max in Melvindale. But only if the side of the antenna is touching the wall closest to the transmitter in Leamington. When I use an amp, I can just hang it with a Command hook in a more practical location.

Can't comment on CIII-29, I live closer to WGTE RF29, which obliterates CIII for me.

CICO was receivable until they switched to the same frequency as WUDL. It will be receivable once WUDL moves to RF35. But when that happens, WUDL will obliterate CIII. You'd have better chances of getting CIII-22 on RF33 from Leamington. I don't receive that station though.

Can't get CHWI-17, which is the closest station to my house. I can get the carrier signal on 488.31 MHz on my scanner.

"Wanna watch some syndicated slop with very little budget or entertainment value? You got it buddy!"

-Byron "The Broadcast Butcher" Allen

F-Squared

Post by F-Squared » Fri Sep 06, 2019 7:11 pm

Splouge wrote:I can get CHWI-16 reliably indoors with a Clearstream 2Max in Melvindale. But only if the side of the antenna is touching the wall closest to the transmitter in Leamington. When I use an amp, I can just hang it with a Command hook in a more practical location.

Can't comment on CIII-29, I live closer to WGTE RF29, which obliterates CIII for me.

CICO was receivable until they switched to the same frequency as WUDL. It will be receivable once WUDL moves to RF35. But when that happens, WUDL will obliterate CIII. You'd have better chances of getting CIII-22 on RF33 from Leamington. I don't receive that station though.

Can't get CHWI-17, which is the closest station to my house. I can get the carrier signal on 488.31 MHz on my scanner.
It's odd because I've never been able to pick up CIII-22 for some reason. I've only been able to get 29. However, I suppose that'll be nice as I never even get WUDL, so maybe that'll give me the chance.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic