Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 16 at 11:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Democratic Debates thread

Debate and discussion of current events and political issues across the U.S. and throughout the World. Be forewarned -- this forum is NOT for the intellectually weak or those of you with thin skins. Don't come crying to me if you become the subject of ridicule. **Board Administrator reserves the right to revoke posting privileges based on my sole discretion**
bmw

Democratic Debates thread

Post by bmw » Wed Jun 26, 2019 7:49 pm

So the first debate is tonight. I'm going to see how much of it I can stomach before I absolutely must turn it off. I'm going to try really hard to get through an hour of it - though that will verge on torture.

So any predictions? I predict it will end up being 2 hours of who can go after Trump the hardest, with a little bit of who-can-give-away-the-most-stuff sprinkled in.

bmw

Re: Democratic Debates thread

Post by bmw » Wed Jun 26, 2019 9:07 pm

They're not answering any questions. All pre-canned speeches.

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Wed Jun 26, 2019 9:12 pm

But I love everything I am hearing.

“The more you can increase fear of drugs, crime, welfare mothers, immigrants and aliens, the more you control all of the people.”
― Noam Chomsky

Posting Content © 2024 TC Talks Holdings LP.

audiophile

Post by audiophile » Thu Jun 27, 2019 8:16 am

It was great for insomnia.

Booker speaking in Spanish seemed very forced. Beto seemed more confident but the hosts were annoyed.

Ask not what your country can do FOR you; ask what they are about to do TO YOU!!

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Post by MWmetalhead » Thu Jun 27, 2019 8:38 am

I thought Julian Castro. Amy Klobuchar and Tulsi Gabbard helped their respective causes last night. Tulsi Gabbard of Hawaii has the potential to become an appealing candidate to the center-left fragment of the party, i.e. the folks who might be inclined to vote for Joe Biden. She only was able to speak on a few topics, so it's far too soon to tell if her momentum will persist. Google searches for her name skyrocketed during and immediately after the debate, and in some polls, respondents declared her the "winner."

Warren also had some strong moments (she was given a ton of speaking time) and gave an overall good performance but came across as insincere when she gave her answer as to how she would deal with Mitch McConnell should he remain Senate Majority leader under a Democratic administration.

Cory Booker was eloquent at times but seemed overly angry at other times. I didn't like the pandering when he spoke in Spanish.

Bill Deblasio, Tim Ryan and Jay Inslee (governor of Washington) each have no chance. Inslee is extreme left on the political continuum. He almost makes Bernie Sanders seem sensible.

Now, as a conservative-leaning voter, I certainly heard very little from most of the candidates that would compel me to vote for them. Making abortion as widely available as possible, allowing unlimited immigration, persecution (if not prosecution) of pharmaceutical companies, and imposing draconian regulation to curb climate change seem to be the priorities of most of the candidates on the stage.

Bryce

Post by Bryce » Thu Jun 27, 2019 9:07 am

Sure seemed to me that the moderators had a love fest with Warren. She seemed to be given much more time than everyone else.

John Delaney made a point that was glossed over quite quickly. He pointed out that in conversations with the CFO's of several major hospitals they all said that if all their customers paid at Medicare rates they would be out of business rather soon.

Several of the people on stage flat out said that "Healthcare is a basic human right", and should be free. They fail to talk about the rights of healthcare workers and Doctors. Are they supposed to work for free or at greatly reduced rates that the government mandates?

New York and Chicago were all in with respect to their sanctuary status — until they were hit with the challenge of actually providing sanctuary. In other words, typical liberal hypocrisy.

TC Shuts Up

Post by TC Shuts Up » Thu Jun 27, 2019 9:15 am

The truly "Rich", and I don't mean the 10 % or even 1%, they're just Schleppers, compared to the 0.1%, 0.01%, 0.001%, ..., who will have "exceptions" to every rule the Left wants to promulgate. The chosen few will have mini Trump walls on their OWN properties to isolate them from the illegals and minorities, and the "deplorable" 10% ers and 1% ers who might see them, exemptions from Health Care Mandates, Death Panels, extremely high taxes, and every other "Eyes Wide Shut" sexually deviant behavior exemption imaginable.

They have already glutted Law with new Schools and Graduates. The nicer lawyers who fix small legal problems are struggling. They have already glutted several Health Care Professions with new schools and graduates. They are in the process of glutting the Medical Profession with scores of new schools and tens of thousands of new graduates. In Michigan there are already twice as many Med Schools to glut the profession as there were just a decade or so ago. THERE WILL BE A VIRTUAL EXODUS FROM THE PERSECUTION THEY HAVE PLANNED FOR DOCTORS, IF THEY IMPLEMENT "FREE" HEALTH CARE AND BURDENSOME NEW AND EXISTING REGULATIONS.

Many Health Care Professionals are already leaving in anticipation of this persecution, and the present burdens placed on them already, especially those close to retirement. Oh, they may go into a group practice one day a week to see favorite old patients, but that's it.

Kids, especially guys, go into HVAC and Construction Trades to avoid this persecution! Even Landscapers an Lawn Maintenance people can net $50 an hour. It will be a while before they glut those. You can try to to to college if they let you, and if you can avoid being falsely accused of rape if you foolishly choose to date college girls. But get a trade and start a business also. And don't get into something where you will pay off student loans for the rest of your life. NOT WORTH IT ANYMORE! ACCOUNTANTS CAN DEMONSTRATE THIS WITH SPREADSHEETS.
Last edited by TC Shuts Up on Thu Jun 27, 2019 10:04 am, edited 2 times in total.

Disagreeing with Communists is NOT an impeachable offense.

Never eat Sushi past its expiration date.

Those who refuse to drain the swamp are doomed to drown in it.

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Thu Jun 27, 2019 10:00 am

Only Warren, Castro and Booker seemed strong enough to continue.

Gabbard has a few skeletons that will ruin her chances.

In the end, the Democratic party must find a candidate that will recapture the suburbs and Union members. No one did that very well last night.

“The more you can increase fear of drugs, crime, welfare mothers, immigrants and aliens, the more you control all of the people.”
― Noam Chomsky

TC Shuts Up

Post by TC Shuts Up » Thu Jun 27, 2019 10:07 am

TC Talks wrote:
Thu Jun 27, 2019 10:00 am

the Democratic party must find a candidate that will RECAPTURE the suburb(anite)s and Union members.
Do you mean like recapturing ESCAPED SLAVES?

Disagreeing with Communists is NOT an impeachable offense.

Never eat Sushi past its expiration date.

Those who refuse to drain the swamp are doomed to drown in it.

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Thu Jun 27, 2019 10:09 am

TC Shuts Up wrote:
Thu Jun 27, 2019 10:07 am
TC Talks wrote:
Thu Jun 27, 2019 10:00 am
the Democratic party must find a candidate that will RECAPTURE the suburb(anite)s and Union members.
Do you mean like recapturing ESCAPED SLAVES?
You must be confusing me with your racist friends. I am neither your friend nor racist.

― Noam Chomsky

bmw

Post by bmw » Thu Jun 27, 2019 11:11 am

Your use of the word "recapture" speaks volumes about how Democrats view their voting block.
verb
1. capture (a person or animal that has escaped)
To "recapture" a voter suggests that a voter escaped from captivity. Which actually seems quite accurate when it comes to the Democrat party.

Y M Ionhere

Post by Y M Ionhere » Thu Jun 27, 2019 11:47 am

These are all people who believe in changing tge Constitution and pushing activist judges to legislate from the bench instead of honestly interpreting laws and upholding the Constitution.
They all believe in draconian crackdowns on economic and personal freedoms.
That makes every one of them unsuited for office on my mind.

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Thu Jun 27, 2019 11:48 am

Y M Ionhere wrote:
Thu Jun 27, 2019 11:47 am
These are all people who believe in changing tge Constitution and pushing activist judges to legislate from the bench instead of honestly interpreting laws and upholding the Constitution.
They all believe in draconian crackdowns on economic and personal freedoms.
That makes every one of them unsuited for office on my mind.
Are you referring to the Republican gerrymandering?

― Noam Chomsky

screen glare

Post by screen glare » Thu Jun 27, 2019 12:19 pm

The Great White Dope (Trump) - is the Democratic party’s hope.

He has plenty of time left until the 2020 election to convince voters he is the greatest security threat to our nation, and the greatest existential threat to our planet.

Plus his NPD causes him to believe being president is all about razzamatazz and entertainment. A sick reality show - with him as star.

One way or another - he’ll guarantee himself FIRED by the “audience” - voters in every state.

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Post by MWmetalhead » Thu Jun 27, 2019 12:26 pm

John Delaney made a point that was glossed over quite quickly. He pointed out that in conversations with the CFO's of several major hospitals they all said that if all their customers paid at Medicare rates they would be out of business rather soon.
Excellent point; he impressed me with this remarks on that particular topic.
In the end, the Democratic party must find a candidate that will recapture the suburbs and Union members. No one did that very well last night.
True! For them to have a decent chance of winning the Presidency in 2020, you are absolutely right. I completely agree that most if not all people on that stage last night missed the mark.
Many Health Care Professionals are already leaving in anticipation of this persecution, and the present burdens placed on them already, especially those close to retirement.
Proof?
Kids, especially guys, go into HVAC and Construction Trades to avoid this persecution!
Have you spoken with any HVAC professionals lately? I have. There is a dearth of young talent in the industry. At least in SE Michigan, not enough newcomers are joining the ranks to replace guys who are retiring.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic