Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 16 at 11:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Romney again?

Debate and discussion of current events and political issues across the U.S. and throughout the World. Be forewarned -- this forum is NOT for the intellectually weak or those of you with thin skins. Don't come crying to me if you become the subject of ridicule. **Board Administrator reserves the right to revoke posting privileges based on my sole discretion**
screen glare

Romney again?

Post by screen glare » Sat Apr 20, 2019 9:24 am

Do you think Mitt Romney - now a 1st term US senator - will run against Trump in the primary? The redacted Mueller Report has thoroughly disgusted Mitt as it makes clear why Trump is dangerously unfit to be president, let alone reelected. Thus other republican politicians, too - and voters - could be hoping for another candidate to support - and Mitt might fit the bill in this current era.

He is the polar opposite of Trump in many ways. Clean cut, well educated, sincerely honors God, is a businessman, has a family member with a serious pre-existing health condition, is faithful to his wife, is a caring parent, has big name recognition, is mentally stable, does not have a reputation as a liar, DOES have a reputation of early on pointing to Russia as the foremost threat to the USA. You get my drift.

I always thought Jimmy Carter was elected because the nation was STARVED for honesty after Nixon’s Watergate - the breaking of norms, the lies, the mental paranoia (enemies list) , etc.

I now think the nation is STARVED for decency and mental stability. Romney may be the right man for the right time.

bmw

Re: Romney again?

Post by bmw » Sat Apr 20, 2019 9:37 am

I'll keep the insults of Romney to a minimum because I think he is a decent human being. That said, as far as 2020 is concerned, Romney had his chance, and he lost. And now he's being a sore loser. Moreover, a lot of Trump supporters would never vote for Romney, so even in a hypothetical world where Romney somehow got the nomination - he would never win the Presidency.

btw - Romney could NEVER win the state of Michigan after his "the trees here are just the right height" gaffe.

Deleted User 12047

Post by Deleted User 12047 » Tue Apr 23, 2019 7:01 am

bmw wrote:
Sat Apr 20, 2019 9:37 am
And now he's being a sore loser. Moreover, a lot of Trump supporters would never vote for Romney, so even in a hypothetical world where Romney somehow got the nomination - he would never win the Presidency.
They would vote for Elizabeth Warren or Mayor Pete over Trump?

Romney is an old school, play by the unwritten rules, act Presidential Republican. Maybe there is no room for them around anymore.

screen glare

Post by screen glare » Tue Apr 23, 2019 8:00 am

My key word in my post was STARVED. Americans - even those who voted for Trump - are now aware that the leader of their nation is off.

He himself makes that evident nearly every day.

I believe most people - even those who voted for Trump - are alarmed by his emotional instability and lack of knowledge about the world - including world history and science. As adults we all know how quickly bad things can happen - and we know they require level-headed, empathetic, quick decisions so that further harm does not occur.

Most of us can sense when balance is lost - and whatever we’re observing has tipped into an uncomfortable extreme. Riding the baddest roller coaster is exhilarating and entertaining - but most of us don’t want to ride it every hour, year after year. And the minority who do have accepted the feeling of barrel rolls as normal, eventually get bored, step out of line, and select a different ride.

Or - they just finally appreciate the feeling of healthy balance - as they walk away and do some quiet thinking.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic