Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 30 at 9:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Sherrod

Discussion pertaining to the Tri-Cities, Flint, Mt. Pleasant, and Bad Axe
Luke

Re: Sherrod

Post by Luke » Wed Mar 06, 2019 9:52 am

Looks like it. Not sure if it's permanent though.

Bdl

Post by Bdl » Wed Mar 06, 2019 9:52 am

At least for the time being. Makes sense. Not sure you need 4 people in the morning.

JRBlitz

Post by JRBlitz » Wed Mar 06, 2019 11:45 pm

She's moved to weekends because no one else wants to do them after Craig's departure. One thing to keep an eye on is the mornings. When Ashlyn and Sara are anchoring together, look for the tension. You'll see both of them pining for airtime by standing by Chris during the weather opening. On a recent Morning Wake Up, one of them made a comment about footage from their sister station in Traverse City. The other one realized that there was no such thing and word got around the Spirit game about how stupid would one have to be to say WNEM's owners has another station in the state.

jerrydancer

Post by jerrydancer » Sun Mar 10, 2019 5:03 pm

JRBlitz wrote:
Wed Mar 06, 2019 11:45 pm
She's moved to weekends because no one else wants to do them after Craig's departure. One thing to keep an eye on is the mornings. When Ashlyn and Sara are anchoring together, look for the tension. You'll see both of them pining for airtime by standing by Chris during the weather opening. On a recent Morning Wake Up, one of them made a comment about footage from their sister station in Traverse City. The other one realized that there was no such thing and word got around the Spirit game about how stupid would one have to be to say WNEM's owners has another station in the state.
Why would people be talking about them at the Spirit game? Weird.
That’s not an inaccurate statement, FYI.
Allow me to educate you, a “sister station” refers to a station - usually in the same state - of the same affiliation.
9&10 news would be TV5’s Sister station. Correct.
(P.S. You mean Alana, not Ashlyn)
Lots of stuff wrong with JRBLITZ’s post there.

DAC

Post by DAC » Sun Mar 10, 2019 11:40 pm

I'll be the first to admit that I don't catch the morning show often. It's just not at a time of day that I care to be awake. BUT, the times I've seen it I've usually been impressed with Sara. Initially I thought she would be a natural replacement for Carrie Sharp when she departed, but perhaps she isn't as polished as I originally thought. Based solely on what I've seen, I think that of the current assortment of personnel, Sara and Frank would be the best pairing for the shows at 5, 6 and 11 PM. Meg and David would be good for 5:30/7/10/whatever. For whatever reason, I always thought David was a better pairing with Meg than with Colette. Mornings? Man. I guess I don't really care that much.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic