Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 16 at 11:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Snow & wind outages vs Cable TV

The technical side of broadcasting. Think IBOC is a sham? Talk about it here! How about HDTV? Post DX reports here as well.
SolarMax

Snow & wind outages vs Cable TV

Post by SolarMax » Wed Feb 13, 2019 12:47 pm

One of Big Cable's selling points has been that, unlike Satellite TV (Dish/Direct, etc.), weather-related outages due to rain, snow, ice and wind were just not ever an issue with cable. During our recent bits of nasty weather (snow, ice, wind) I've seen a few program services and networks (delivered to the cable co. by satellite) themselves suffer loss of signal or frequent breakups, at least until the downlink dishes got de-iced or the snow shoveled out of them.

fairbankshockeypuck

Re: Snow & wind outages vs Cable TV

Post by fairbankshockeypuck » Wed Feb 13, 2019 5:05 pm

Here in Fairbanks Alaska we consistently lose our locals on DIRECT even thought the over the air signals are fine...Pisses wife off when her soaps don't record...for some reason the former FOX station that has went MY and ME TV is not HD and wrong resolution on DIRECT..blown up..stretched...too wide

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic