Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 30 at 9:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

W252BX

Discussion pertaining to Detroit, Ann Arbor, Port Huron, and SW Ontario
Steve79

W252BX

Post by Steve79 » Thu Dec 06, 2018 6:26 pm

Looks like they're broadcasting from their new site on top of the RenCen. Signal is city grade here in Windsor. I can kiss receiving WMIM goodbye.

Deleted User 14803

Re: W252BX

Post by Deleted User 14803 » Thu Dec 06, 2018 6:47 pm

I noticed a stronger signal in Utica today as well.

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Post by MWmetalhead » Thu Dec 06, 2018 7:52 pm

Yup. Was able to get a stereo signal at home a couple days ago, Found it by accident. Never could pick up this station indoors from the prior TX site.

There's a lot of signal overlap with the Construction Permit for 93.5 W228CJ. I wonder if they have built or will build that one out?

Given the fact I'm about 16 miles from the RenCen as the crow flies, the fact I'm getting a stereo signal indoors from a 115 watt translator is somewhat impressive. It also goes to show how terrible 99.1 CJAM's signal is (one mile farther away from my location), as I receive almost ZERO signal from that station indoors!

Paul Woods reminds me a bit of the Swedish Chef from the Muppets when he speaks!

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Post by MWmetalhead » Sun Dec 23, 2018 10:01 am

Signal strength on 98.3 seems inconsistent. Couldn't get it to lock in on seek near I-75 & 12 Mile Rd the other day.

Also, the audio processing is absolutely pathetic. Sounds like a distorted 32 kbps .mp3 file. Tons of digital artifacts.

Along the Lodge Freeway, there is a lot of picket fencing, too. I suspect I-BLOC interference from WJLB and WDZH are the primary culprits.

I suspect reception on the east side and downriver is better than in my neck of the woods.

Paul Woods reminds me a bit of the Swedish Chef from the Muppets when he speaks!

Mega Hertz

Post by Mega Hertz » Sun Dec 23, 2018 10:04 am

So, the question is, who do we get pissier at...The IBOC hash from surrounding stations, or all of these translators and repeaters all over the place? I need to know where to direct my anger.

"Internet is no more like radio than intravenous feeding is like fine dining."
-TurkeyTop

Deleted User 14803

Post by Deleted User 14803 » Sun Dec 23, 2018 10:29 am

It’s the beginning of the end of FM broadcasting, it actually started in 1996 when the FCC deregulated the broadcast industry allowing the big corporate broadcasters to have many properties in any given market, then HD Radio was developed because the broadcasters were afraid that satellite radio was going to hurt terrestrial radio, and now AM radio is in trouble so now they can have translators and now the FCC doesn’t give two craps about broadcasting due to all the other technical platforms we have. Sad but that’s the reality of the whole thing.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic