Welcome to the Buzzboard! By viewing or posting any content on this site, you are agreeing to the TERMS OF USE! So, please take a moment to read them if this is your first visit or have not done so in a while. All accepted registrations through Thursday, October 23 at 8:45p ET have been activated.  

It is currently Fri Oct 24, 2014 7:16 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Mary Ellen Murphy
PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2013 7:19 am 

Not heard Mary Ellen Murphy on LAV in a while. Just checked the websight and shes gone. Anybody know what happened to her?. Steve Aldrich is in her time slot. Is it just me , or does his mic sound over modulated when he talks?

Post subject: Re: Mary Ellen Murphy
PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2013 10:22 am 

couldn't come to terms on a contract so she hung it up. according to her fb post anyway.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2013 8:40 pm 

viewtopic.php?f=4&t=37092

EDIT: Steve Cochran IS BACK AT WGN!!!

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2013 11:14 pm 

I saw her Facebook post as well.
I have a hard time believing she ever had a 'contract'. Morning shows, for sure, but a mid-day jock these days? Doubtful.

Frankly, although I have nothing to back me up, I think she just got let go to save money and her comment is a 'spin' on it. That's fine, but still, not truthful. Seriously, who wouldn't take 'any' kind of 'contract' (if there really are any left) in this current 'in-the-shitter' period of radio?

PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2013 4:22 am 

Mary Ellen did fill that second or third person on the morning show role for a while, prior to Michelle McCormick's departure from WOOD. Can't say if that merited a contract but I wish her well, regardless.
Michelle was said to be sick earlier this week, when I bounced past WLAV one morning. Do they have that full complement back on the Tony Gates show?
It draws comparison to the end of the "War of the Worlds" broadcast where the guy is calling out to major AM stations across the U.S. and getting no response. "Is there anyone out there? Is there anyone?"

PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2013 8:47 am 

doccob wrote:
Steve Aldrich is it just me , or does his mic sound over modulated when he talks?
I can't believe he's still alive. He always has sounded like crap, but has an amazing knowledge of Rock music.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 23, 2013 11:28 pm 

TC Talks wrote:
doccob wrote:
Steve Aldrich is it just me , or does his mic sound over modulated when he talks?
I can't believe he's still alive. He always has sounded like crap, but has an amazing knowledge of Rock music.

Thought he was good in the evening slot, now it would be nice if they could get something besides the person they have now. At least the Tigers games will be on soon

PostPosted: Sun Mar 24, 2013 8:33 am 

Always liked Steve Aldrich, good knowledge of Rock Music and has the voice for radio. LAV was one of my favorites over the years. Mary Ellen did a fine job.