Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 16 at 11:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Union thugs

Debate and discussion of current events and political issues across the U.S. and throughout the World. Be forewarned -- this forum is NOT for the intellectually weak or those of you with thin skins. Don't come crying to me if you become the subject of ridicule. **Board Administrator reserves the right to revoke posting privileges based on my sole discretion**
Turkeytop

Re: Union thugs

Post by Turkeytop » Wed Sep 18, 2019 10:59 am

Man. This thread has gone viral. Three days and already three replies. All from the same person.

I started out with nothing and I still have most of it.

audiophile

Post by audiophile » Sun Oct 06, 2019 3:55 pm

I don't like the idea of a strike. It's sophomoric.

Furthermore the strike hurts a lot of innocent families.

I mean, if the work place is that bad, then leave to a better workplace. If they start losing good workers, they will up they pay to keep them.

Ask not what your country can do FOR you; ask what they are about to do TO YOU!!

Turkeytop

Post by Turkeytop » Sun Oct 06, 2019 8:11 pm

If it makes you fell better, I have been arrested and beat up by the cops for lawful picketing.

screen glare

Post by screen glare » Thu Oct 17, 2019 1:26 am

Yeah. Unions are a bitch for greedy ownership/tyrannical management.

Thing is - greedy ownership and tyrannical management are what caused workers to unionize - and in some cases fight, bleed, and die to form unions.

So blame your inhumane forebears, LL101. Btw - what do you think of bosses firing workers on the basis of sexual orientation? You reveal yourself here as gay. Yet appear to be politically conservative on most issues except police brutality.

audiophile

Post by audiophile » Mon Oct 21, 2019 6:58 am

Ask not what your country can do FOR you; ask what they are about to do TO YOU!!

Turkeytop

Post by Turkeytop » Mon Oct 21, 2019 7:54 am

As one with years of experience in these matters I can tell you it takes time to organize a ratification vote for a membership as large as this group. The NLRB sets out strict requirements that must be met for the vote to be legal and fair. The logistics for meeting these requirements are time consuming.

Ballots need to be printed up and distributed to all of the polling locations. There must be documents printed up to hand out to every member, detailing the terms of the agreement. In advance of the ratification meetings, Local Union leaders who were not part of the bargaining team must be briefed on the details of the agreement.

Proper notice must be given to every member of the time and location for their ratification meeting.

If you ever met me, you'd know how ridiculous your Union thugs" term is. I'm 5' 6" tall and 155 lb. Not the stuff that thugs are made of.

Turkeytop

Post by Turkeytop » Mon Oct 21, 2019 12:54 pm

“Union thug” is a mindset. It has nothing to do with size.

Oh, and entire countries vote in one day. It doesn’t take a week to organize. The union way always takes at least twice as long and costs three times as much.
My entire Country is voting today. Planning and organizing for it has been underway for months. I know, because I've been involved in the process.

It seems that, in your twisted mind, anyone who isn't gay is a thug.

audiophile

Post by audiophile » Mon Oct 21, 2019 7:11 pm

lovinlife101 wrote:
Mon Oct 21, 2019 7:40 am
audiophile wrote:
Mon Oct 21, 2019 6:58 am
Why does the vote take a week?
https://www.wsj.com/articles/gm-strike- ... 1571572802
Have you seen how slowly these people move? I’m surprised it doesn’t take a year!

Oh, but they’re “doing this so everyone benefits.” Tell that to the thousands of people laid off because of their laziness.
It's a shame because they are hurting so many others.

audiophile

Post by audiophile » Mon Oct 21, 2019 8:42 pm

It was just a dog and pony show.

Turkeytop

Post by Turkeytop » Mon Oct 21, 2019 11:29 pm

lovinlife101 wrote:
Mon Oct 21, 2019 10:36 pm
It’s laughable all around.

The “strikers” are all, “Our union bosses, well, at least the ones that aren’t in federal prison, are fighting to get us a great deal!”

The company has plenty of inventory and the non-union workers, as well as the union bosses, all get their regular wages.

My Union has 750,000 bosses. We're the members who go to work every day, do our jobs, pay our dues and, every four years, elect our leaders. We're the Union bosses.

audiophile

Post by audiophile » Fri Nov 01, 2019 3:57 pm

No wonder they had to strike. They needed a long dog and pony show to cover over the dirty deals.

Turkeytop

Post by Turkeytop » Fri Nov 01, 2019 7:21 pm

lovinlife101 wrote:
Fri Nov 01, 2019 2:33 pm
Let’s hear it for more union corruption!!!

https://www.detroitnews.com/story/busin ... 108832002/
These guys are criminals. Don't know why we should brand their victims as thugs.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic