Hello! Welcome to the Michigan Radio & TV Buzzboard. Please visit the newly created "Buzzboard v3.0 features" forum to view announcements as to recently installed new features, as well as to report any issues or share your opinions regarding recent site changes. All accepted new account registrations through 9-17-2017 at 1:30p ET have been activated. I apologize for the delay in activating new accounts.

(Note: hover your mouse pointer near the upper right corner of this box and click the "x" to close it.)

Local Broadcaster Needs Help After Stroke

Discussion pertaining to Grand Rapids, Kalamazoo, Muskegon, Battle Creek, Big Rapids, and Michiana
LurkerNoodle

Local Broadcaster Needs Help After Stroke

Post by LurkerNoodle » Tue Sep 12, 2017 5:14 am

WJRW PD and midday host Dave Jaconnette recently suffered a stroke and is raising funds for medical costs.

https://www.gofundme.com/dave-jaconette ... -cost-fund

Trophyhead

Re: Local Broadcaster Needs Help After Stroke

Post by Trophyhead » Tue Sep 12, 2017 12:03 pm

Sorry to hear that he is in a bad way.

Can't say that I listen much to the station, a quick glance at the WJRW website indicates no links to state or local news, and their podcast well dried up in February for the "Sound Off" show.

The radio station in town with the most news staff available may be WGVU, where they crank out voicers for their newscasts like they're making Nike sneakers. I don't know much about the WCSG product. Their website appears to just present AP copy.

Buzzy

Post by Buzzy » Thu Sep 14, 2017 12:03 pm

Program directors are dropping like flies at Cume-less. Jackonette at BBL/JRW and now Gravy fired as HOT FM p.d. But they've got the money to pay Jeff Cartright and Markus ******* to golf during weekdays while everyone else is busting a--.

Jackonette I wish well in his recovery - a stroke doing the work of 6 people probably.

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Post by MWmetalhead » Fri Sep 15, 2017 8:38 pm

Suffering a stroke SUCKS. Big time. Mr. Jaconette seems like a very nice guy, and I agree, his job has got to be stressful at times.

The recovery process can be a long road, but it *is* possible to re-gain normal speech (or close to it) even after a serious stroke.

My second cousin suffered a very serious stroke about 15 years ago and was only given a 25 percent chance of survival. Rather miraculously, she pulled through! Her speech was quite slurred initially. These days, speaking with her, you'd NEVER know the stroke ever happened. Speech sounds precisely as it did prior to the stroke.

I wish Mr. Jaconette the best during his rehabilitation process, and I hope he makes a full recovery.
C'mon iHeartRadio - do the RIGHT thing for once! Please cancel "Rover's Morning Glory" from WBFX in Grand Rapids.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic