Hello! Welcome to the Michigan Radio & TV Buzzboard. Please visit the newly created "Buzzboard v3.0 features" forum to view announcements as to recently installed new features, as well as to report any issues or share your opinions regarding recent site changes. All accepted new account registrations through 5-23-2017 at 5:15p ET have been activated.

(Note: hover your mouse pointer near the upper right corner of this box and click the "x" to close it.)

female exodus @ wxmi

Discussion pertaining to Grand Rapids, Kalamazoo, Muskegon, Battle Creek, Big Rapids, and Michiana
WMnewslover

Re: female exodus @ wxmi

Post by WMnewslover » Wed May 17, 2017 3:36 pm

trevorlinck wrote:
Mon May 15, 2017 2:24 pm
i have never seen someone post/talk/broadcast so much about their own leaving. the girl has been here 2 years and to dedicate so many posts on the official fox17 page as well as broadcast that package at the end of the show last night was just unreal. she comes off as very full of herself and in need of constant attention. good riddance.
I totally agree with you. She definitely seems very full of herself. I follow her on FB and Twitter and have never seen someone take so many selfies. She is always feeling the need to draw attention to herself. She was not even a real meteorologist and her forecasting ability was shaky at best. She needs to spend more time finishing up her meteorology degree and less time taking horse selfies and attending every restaurant and event in west Michigan. I hope she likes it in Oregon, but it's not a big loss here...except that she was easy on the eyes.

trevorlinck

Re: RE: Re: female exodus @ wxmi

Post by trevorlinck » Thu May 18, 2017 12:20 pm

Biff wrote:
Tue May 16, 2017 9:08 pm
trevorlinck wrote:i have never seen someone post/talk/broadcast so much about their own leaving. the girl has been here 2 years and to dedicate so many posts on the official fox17 page as well as broadcast that package at the end of the show last night was just unreal. she comes off as very full of herself and in need of constant attention. good riddance.
So someone comes from California, falls in love with Michigan and issues a tearful goodbye and you bitch about it?

Bitter. Table for one.
wow, funny joke at the end. you are so clever.

i'm glad someone came to MI from elsewhere and liked the place but to do a package on the flipping news about her leaving like she did was unbelievable. most people step out humbly with a social media post or two. (michele being the exception, but she's been here 20+ years.. not 2.) just making the observation that she seems incredibly self-centered and to thrive on the attention from men commenting on her looks.

trevorlinck

Post by trevorlinck » Thu May 18, 2017 12:22 pm

WMnewslover wrote:
Wed May 17, 2017 3:36 pm
trevorlinck wrote:
Mon May 15, 2017 2:24 pm
i have never seen someone post/talk/broadcast so much about their own leaving. the girl has been here 2 years and to dedicate so many posts on the official fox17 page as well as broadcast that package at the end of the show last night was just unreal. she comes off as very full of herself and in need of constant attention. good riddance.
I totally agree with you. She definitely seems very full of herself. I follow her on FB and Twitter and have never seen someone take so many selfies. She is always feeling the need to draw attention to herself. She was not even a real meteorologist and her forecasting ability was shaky at best. She needs to spend more time finishing up her meteorology degree and less time taking horse selfies and attending every restaurant and event in west Michigan. I hope she likes it in Oregon, but it's not a big loss here...except that she was easy on the eyes.
my thoughts 100%. good on you for following her--i couldn't take that toothy grin popping up on my feed every two minutes. i don't even think she was that good looking, but i do prefer a thinner physique.

WMnewslover

Post by WMnewslover » Thu May 18, 2017 9:52 pm

my thoughts 100%. good on you for following her--i couldn't take that toothy grin popping up on my feed every two minutes. i don't even think she was that good looking, but i do prefer a thinner physique.
[/quote]

She definitely dominated my news feed. I can't wait to see who they get to replace her. Impossible to get anyone more annoying.

trevorlinck

Post by trevorlinck » Fri May 19, 2017 11:30 am

WMnewslover wrote:
Thu May 18, 2017 9:52 pm
She definitely dominated my news feed. I can't wait to see who they get to replace her. Impossible to get anyone more annoying.
[/quote]

they screen tested another blonde woman. can't comment on if she was more or less annoying ;) we shall see.

in other news, speaking of annoying, annie szat. will soon be anchoring the 10 + 11 with christian. thoughts???

WMnewslover

Post by WMnewslover » Fri May 19, 2017 12:11 pm

they screen tested another blonde woman. can't comment on if she was more or less annoying ;) we shall see.

in other news, speaking of annoying, annie szat. will soon be anchoring the 10 + 11 with christian. thoughts???
[/quote]

I do not think that is a good fit for Annie. She has almost no talent. I think they need a more seasoned anchor for the evening news slot, Annie is better in the mornings.

larrybud

Post by larrybud » Fri May 19, 2017 4:44 pm

trevorlinck wrote:
Fri May 19, 2017 11:30 am
WMnewslover wrote:
Thu May 18, 2017 9:52 pm

[/quote]

She's so-so as a reporter, not good as an anchor. However, she's nice to look at ...

WMnewslover

Post by WMnewslover » Fri May 19, 2017 5:29 pm

She's so-so as a reporter, not good as an anchor. However, she's nice to look at ...
[/quote]

Annie is better suited for fluff story reporting. She is definitely not that great at anchoring. There are better choices to anchor the 10 and 11. However, they have so many newscasts now, they are probably having to make do with what they have. Can't take Annie's good looks from her though, she definitely has that going for her.

grtvjunkie

Post by grtvjunkie » Sat May 20, 2017 5:40 am

I must have missed something. Why would that awful girl Annie be anchoring at 10 and 11 with the equally awful Christian "Tanked?" What is Janice going to do? Is she getting fired because of the new owners? Their ratings are already in the toilet, why would they make it worse?

trevorlinck

Post by trevorlinck » Sat May 20, 2017 12:50 pm

grtvjunkie wrote:
Sat May 20, 2017 5:40 am
I must have missed something. Why would that awful girl Annie be anchoring at 10 and 11 with the equally awful Christian "Tanked?" What is Janice going to do? Is she getting fired because of the new owners? Their ratings are already in the toilet, why would they make it worse?
janice will be on the 4, 5, and 6 with derek francis.

MasterB

Post by MasterB » Sat May 20, 2017 11:21 pm

Personally why don't they hire someone at 4 & 5 news and keep Janice for 6, 10 & 11 news that would make better sense to me just my opinion. Or I think Derek Francis could do the news solo for 4 & 5 news.
Go Pistons, Let's Go Redwings.

radiodaze

Post by radiodaze » Sun May 21, 2017 6:12 am

Annie needs to keep working on her pronunciation of words containing the letter combination "STR". Annie sometimes adds an H, so a word like STREET becomes SHTREET, STRONG becomes SHTRONG, etc.
Very annoying.

Biff

Post by Biff » Sun May 21, 2017 10:56 am

The only real marketable draws for the station, IMO, are Mike Avery, Deanna Falzone, Janice Allen, Leighann Towne and Derek Francis.

People that need to go: Joe Kopecek, Gary Frank, and NWS apologist Kevin Craig.
Happy trees and happy clouds.

trevorlinck

Post by trevorlinck » Mon May 22, 2017 1:09 pm

Biff wrote:
Sun May 21, 2017 10:56 am
The only real marketable draws for the station, IMO, are Mike Avery, Deanna Falzone, Janice Allen, Leighann Towne and Derek Francis.

i think erica francis and alyssa hearin do a good job, and stephanie funkhouser is a draw as well. leigh ann is good but the morning mix is the worst. joe is okay but garry and kevin .. yuck.

larrybud

Post by larrybud » Mon May 22, 2017 1:22 pm

trevorlinck wrote:
Mon May 22, 2017 1:09 pm
Biff wrote:
Sun May 21, 2017 10:56 am

i think erica francis and alyssa hearin do a good job, and stephanie funkhouser is a draw as well. leigh ann is good but the morning mix is the worst. joe is okay but garry and kevin .. yuck.
Agree on Erica and Alyssa. Think they do well.

Very impressed so far with Stephanie. Seems to know what she's talking about, good delivery, very bubbly (and cute).

WMnewslover

Post by WMnewslover » Mon May 22, 2017 8:16 pm

I agree, Erica and Alyssa do very well. Either of them would be a better choice for the 10 and 11 than Annie. Stephanie is very good too. I can't watch the morning mix...not a Leigh Ann fan, but Todd Chance is unbearable.

quacky

Post by quacky » Mon May 22, 2017 10:18 pm

[quote=WMnewslover post_id=554739 time=1495498582 user_id=8376]
I agree, Erica and Alyssa do very well. Either of them would be a better choice for the 10 and 11 than Annie. Stephanie is very good too. I can't watch the morning mix...not a Leigh Ann fan, but Todd Chance is unbearable.
[/quote]
Agree Erica and Alyssa are doing well with Fox 17. Heard these two are very good friends. Alyssa will doing real well on the weekend morning show replacing Annie. A real beauty too. Janice Allen just is a good fit. Always liked her. Good replacements with lots of talent. Have to agree also, Towne isnt my favorite either.

Biff

Post by Biff » Wed May 24, 2017 8:28 am

I'm genuinely surprised that they chose Annie to anchor 10 and 11. She is a fluff reporter at best. While not as bad as they Hailey Frances debacle, it certainly is a head scratcher.
Happy trees and happy clouds.

larrybud

Post by larrybud » Wed May 24, 2017 11:57 am

Agree on Annie. It feels like she's been there longer than Erica, but Erica seems like more of an anchor than Annie. I'm sure there's reasons behind the decision, but I'm baffled as to what they could be. She's just too ... stiff.

grtvjunkie

Post by grtvjunkie » Wed May 24, 2017 6:21 pm

Why are demoting Janice? I thought 17's bread and butter was the 10p news. Perhaps it is a better schedule for her, but why remove yourself from a well-watched newscast? Maybe I'm wrong, but I thought 17's 4, 5,and 6 were getting beat by even 13.

Annie is an awful choice. She acts like a 12 year old spoiled brat.

janice will be on the 4, 5, and 6 with derek francis.
[/quote]

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic