Hello! Welcome to the Michigan Radio & TV Buzzboard. Please visit the newly created "Buzzboard v3.0 features" forum to view announcements as to recently installed new features, as well as to report any issues or share your opinions regarding recent site changes. All accepted new account registrations through 4-29-2017 at 10:00a ET have been activated.

(Note: hover your mouse pointer near the upper right corner of this box and click the "x" to close it.)

female exodus @ wxmi

Discussion pertaining to Grand Rapids, Kalamazoo, Muskegon, Battle Creek, Big Rapids, and Michiana
trevorlinck
Posts: 12
Joined: Sun Nov 20, 2016 12:32 pm

female exodus @ wxmi

Post by trevorlinck » Mon Apr 17, 2017 9:06 am

leaving within the next month are:
michele deselms
dana chicklas
tracy hinson

wonder who/what will be brought in as replacements.

User avatar
Biff
Posts: 130
Joined: Sun Dec 26, 2004 8:59 am

Re: female exodus @ wxmi

Post by Biff » Mon Apr 17, 2017 9:25 am

Where is Tracy Hinson going?
Pop Evil cannot figure out if they want to be a poor man's Nickelback, a poor man's Staind or a poor man's Godsmack.

trevorlinck
Posts: 12
Joined: Sun Nov 20, 2016 12:32 pm

Re: female exodus @ wxmi

Post by trevorlinck » Mon Apr 17, 2017 10:23 am

Biff wrote:
Mon Apr 17, 2017 9:25 am
Where is Tracy Hinson going?
portland, oregon

larrybud
Posts: 2
Joined: Thu Feb 16, 2017 8:42 am

Re: female exodus @ wxmi

Post by larrybud » Tue Apr 18, 2017 11:13 am

Not excited to see any of them go, but as long as the eye candy like Erica Francis and Alyssa Hearin stay on, I'm good.

MasterB
Posts: 67
Joined: Sun Apr 23, 2006 2:59 pm
Location: Kalamazoo

Re: female exodus @ wxmi

Post by MasterB » Tue Apr 18, 2017 6:30 pm

Tracy going back to the West Coast I think she comes from Cal best of luck Tracy.
Go Pistons, Let's Go Redwings.

Blister
Posts: 15
Joined: Thu Nov 17, 2005 9:54 pm

Re: female exodus @ wxmi

Post by Blister » Tue Apr 18, 2017 6:45 pm

Hailey Frances!!!

Haha. Joke.

inmyopinion
Posts: 13
Joined: Fri Mar 04, 2016 10:25 am

Re: female exodus @ wxmi

Post by inmyopinion » Tue Apr 18, 2017 9:20 pm

Where is Dana Chicklas going?

trevorlinck
Posts: 12
Joined: Sun Nov 20, 2016 12:32 pm

Re: female exodus @ wxmi

Post by trevorlinck » Wed Apr 19, 2017 8:04 am

inmyopinion wrote:
Tue Apr 18, 2017 9:20 pm
Where is Dana Chicklas going?
i think dana is a mitch fick situation where she wanted more money than the station would give her but shes sure she can find something else somewhere else.

im happy to see tracy go. cant stand her ditziness. hope they bring in a real meteorologist, though the job posting is for "forecaster."

User avatar
Biff
Posts: 130
Joined: Sun Dec 26, 2004 8:59 am

Re: female exodus @ wxmi

Post by Biff » Wed Apr 19, 2017 8:39 am

trevorlinck wrote:
Wed Apr 19, 2017 8:04 am

im happy to see tracy go. cant stand her ditziness. hope they bring in a real meteorologist, though the job posting is for "forecaster."
She has a BA in meteorology.
Pop Evil cannot figure out if they want to be a poor man's Nickelback, a poor man's Staind or a poor man's Godsmack.

User avatar
Biff
Posts: 130
Joined: Sun Dec 26, 2004 8:59 am

Re: female exodus @ wxmi

Post by Biff » Wed Apr 19, 2017 8:40 am

Blister wrote:
Tue Apr 18, 2017 6:45 pm
Hailey Frances!!!

Haha. Joke.
Ugggg. I heard she is engaged or married to Jason Volentine. Those two deserve each other.
Pop Evil cannot figure out if they want to be a poor man's Nickelback, a poor man's Staind or a poor man's Godsmack.

FilmMaker
Posts: 2
Joined: Thu Feb 05, 2009 8:36 am

Re: female exodus @ wxmi

Post by FilmMaker » Wed Apr 19, 2017 8:54 am

trevorlinck wrote:
Wed Apr 19, 2017 8:04 am
inmyopinion wrote:
Tue Apr 18, 2017 9:20 pm
Where is Dana Chicklas going?
i think dana is a mitch fick situation where she wanted more money than the station would give her but shes sure she can find something else somewhere else.

im happy to see tracy go. cant stand her ditziness. hope they bring in a real meteorologist, though the job posting is for "forecaster."
Glad to see both of them go. I've grown very tired of Dana's slouching posture and Tracy's endless attempts to flirt with the camera. The only more irritating "forecaster" in the market is Kyle Underwood...

trevorlinck
Posts: 12
Joined: Sun Nov 20, 2016 12:32 pm

Re: female exodus @ wxmi

Post by trevorlinck » Wed Apr 19, 2017 10:01 am

Biff wrote:
Wed Apr 19, 2017 8:39 am
trevorlinck wrote:
Wed Apr 19, 2017 8:04 am

im happy to see tracy go. cant stand her ditziness. hope they bring in a real meteorologist, though the job posting is for "forecaster."
She has a BA in meteorology.
mmm nope. bs in broadcast journalism. has been working on a bs from mississippi state for years and has seemingly made no progress

trevorlinck
Posts: 12
Joined: Sun Nov 20, 2016 12:32 pm

Re: female exodus @ wxmi

Post by trevorlinck » Wed Apr 19, 2017 10:03 am

FilmMaker wrote:
Wed Apr 19, 2017 8:54 am
trevorlinck wrote:
Wed Apr 19, 2017 8:04 am
inmyopinion wrote:
Tue Apr 18, 2017 9:20 pm
Where is Dana Chicklas going?

Glad to see both of them go. I've grown very tired of Dana's slouching posture and Tracy's endless attempts to flirt with the camera. The only more irritating "forecaster" in the market is Kyle Underwood...
dana to me is okay but kinda stale. cant stand tracys "flirting" either or singsong vo's or shrieky live voice. also can't stand the weather giant kyle. yuck

trevorlinck
Posts: 12
Joined: Sun Nov 20, 2016 12:32 pm

Re: female exodus @ wxmi

Post by trevorlinck » Wed Apr 19, 2017 10:06 am

trevorlinck wrote:
Wed Apr 19, 2017 10:01 am
Biff wrote:
Wed Apr 19, 2017 8:39 am
trevorlinck wrote:
Wed Apr 19, 2017 8:04 am

im happy to see tracy go. cant stand her ditziness. hope they bring in a real meteorologist, though the job posting is for "forecaster."
She has a BA in meteorology.
mmm nope. bs in broadcast journalism. has been working on a bs from mississippi state for years and has seemingly made no progress
you can see her shabby (the reference section needs some proofreading...) resume here: http://tracyval.com/?page_id=79

quacky
Posts: 51
Joined: Sat Jun 14, 2008 9:07 am

Re: female exodus @ wxmi

Post by quacky » Wed Apr 19, 2017 3:42 pm

I would take Tracy Hinson over Garry Frank. This guy has to be one of the worse meterologists i have ever seen and not a good fit. How did this guy get hired? Tracy Hinson is a West Coast girl. Not surprsied she is leaving if thats true.

WMnewslover
Posts: 11
Joined: Sun Nov 15, 2009 10:04 pm

Re: female exodus @ wxmi

Post by WMnewslover » Wed Apr 19, 2017 4:10 pm

quacky wrote:
Wed Apr 19, 2017 3:42 pm
I would take Tracy Hinson over Garry Frank. This guy has to be one of the worse meterologists i have ever seen and not a good fit. How did this guy get hired? Tracy Hinson is a West Coast girl. Not surprsied she is leaving if thats true.
I totally agree. Hinson can be annoying, but Garry Frank is the absolute worst. He acts like he is drunk or something. Just absolutely no personality and really just all around horrible. Based on many FB and Twitter posts, it appears that he and Hinson are dating. She can do much better!

trevorlinck
Posts: 12
Joined: Sun Nov 20, 2016 12:32 pm

Re: female exodus @ wxmi

Post by trevorlinck » Thu Apr 20, 2017 8:16 am

yes garry is bad. ran into him downtown gr on a saturday once and he was hammered and sloppy. funny lookin guy too.

the two are in fact dating which just reinforces my belief that she is a complete airhead. in addition to being able to watch the sunday 10 pm newscast again, i'm looking forward to not seeing her do yet ANOTHER feature on horses or farming. :roll:

quacky
Posts: 51
Joined: Sat Jun 14, 2008 9:07 am

Re: female exodus @ wxmi

Post by quacky » Thu Apr 20, 2017 2:12 pm

[quote=trevorlinck post_id=552881 time=1492690612 user_id=14410]
yes garry is bad. ran into him downtown gr on a saturday once and he was hammered and sloppy. funny lookin guy too.

the two are in fact dating which just reinforces my belief that she is a complete airhead. in addition to being able to watch the sunday 10 pm newscast again, i'm looking forward to not seeing her do yet ANOTHER feature on horses or farming. :roll:
[/quote]

Shocked to say the least Garry Frank and Hinson, really? I cant stand this Frank character on that Morning Show. A big clod and goofy. Cant believe this guy ever got hired.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 8 guests