Acceptable registrations in the queue through April 26 at 9:00p ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

The Ongoing Ottawa County Shitshow

Debate and discussion of current events and political issues in the State of Michigan. Be forewarned -- this forum is NOT for the intellectually weak or those of you with thin skins. Don't come crying to me if you become the subject of ridicule. **Board Administrator reserves the right to revoke posting privileges based on my sole discretion**
Bull Shannon

The Ongoing Ottawa County Shitshow

Post by Bull Shannon » Thu Feb 22, 2024 9:46 pm

Kind of surprised I haven't seen it mentioned in here, yet, but the far-right Ottawa County Board of Commissioners is looking to oust John Gibbs as County Administrator (even though they hired him as one of their first orders of business after being sworn in):

https://www.woodtv.com/news/ottawa-coun ... -on-leave/

MasterB

Re: The Ongoing Ottawa County Shitshow

Post by MasterB » Thu Feb 22, 2024 11:56 pm

John Gibbs is a joke I wouldn't have voted him for congress if I lived in Kent or Ottawa county I'd have voted 3RD party. I wonder if a lot of those on the board in Ottawa County will be voted out to get some check and balances for Ottawa Commissioners, I'd vote moderate conservatives or 3RD party as it is hard for me to vote a liberal. I just wish both sides would stop voting the crazies in office as both parties are party over country I wish there was a stronger 3RD party that would light a fire under both GOP & Dems asses. I'll never vote for the 2 evils ever again why in Nov I'm voting 3RD party for president and giving the finger to both Trump & Biden both dividers & chiefs 2 of the worse presidents in modern history.
Go Pistons, Let's Go Redwings.

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Post by MWmetalhead » Sat Feb 24, 2024 8:19 am

Ottawa County is a textbook example as to why grassroots loons should not be elected to positions of power.

Gibbs is actually correct regarding Kallman Legal Group; they are indeed underqualified to serve as county corporate counsel.
Morgan Wallen is a piece of garbage.

Matt

Post by Matt » Sat Feb 24, 2024 8:31 am

MWmetalhead wrote:
Sat Feb 24, 2024 8:19 am
Ottawa County is a textbook example as to why grassroots loons should not be elected to positions of power.

Gibbs is actually correct regarding Kallman Legal Group; they are indeed underqualified to serve as county corporate counsel.
Sure, but he's not correct when he's making physical threats, sexist comments, and installing secret cameras: https://www.mlive.com/news/grand-rapids ... amera.html
Voting for Trump is dumber than playing Russian Roulette with fully loaded chambers.

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Post by MWmetalhead » Sat Feb 24, 2024 8:35 am

They are all a bunch of assclowns, including Gibbs.

There are perhaps a couple reasonable folks on the county commission, but they are outnumbered by the wack jobs.

MotorCityRadioFreak

Post by MotorCityRadioFreak » Sun Feb 25, 2024 4:05 am

I have a friend who has been heavily involved from a progressive angle. It is very sad.
They/them, non-binary and proud.

Remember that “2000 Mules” was concocted by a circus of elephants.
The right needs to stop worry about what’s between people’s legs. Instead, they should focus on what’s between their ears.
Audacity sucks.

A1B1C1D1

Post by A1B1C1D1 » Sun Feb 25, 2024 7:32 pm

Local politicians don't really matter much in the giant scheme of things. They used to help sell newspapers but since those are going away they are mostly fading into oblivion.

MotorCityRadioFreak

Post by MotorCityRadioFreak » Mon Feb 26, 2024 7:09 am

A1B1C1D1 wrote:
Sun Feb 25, 2024 7:32 pm
Local politicians don't really matter much in the giant scheme of things. They used to help sell newspapers but since those are going away they are mostly fading into oblivion.
Local governments control your police department(run correctly or run fascist like), your fire, your property taxes, your options for local businesses, and libraries. Other than that, you’re right.
They/them, non-binary and proud.

Remember that “2000 Mules” was concocted by a circus of elephants.
The right needs to stop worry about what’s between people’s legs. Instead, they should focus on what’s between their ears.
Audacity sucks.

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Post by MWmetalhead » Fri Mar 01, 2024 6:43 am

The commission moved to terminate Gibbs with cause last night. They tried to do the same with the county health director last fall, and we all know now how that turned out!

The only person voting against the motion, interestingly enough, is the lone Democrat on the commission.

I am somewhat skeptical as to the veracity of the allegations against Gibbs.

https://www.detroitnews.com/story/news/ ... 798521007/

teetoppz28

Post by teetoppz28 » Fri Mar 01, 2024 10:42 am

MWmetalhead wrote:
Fri Mar 01, 2024 6:43 am
The commission moved to terminate Gibbs with cause last night. They tried to do the same with the county health director last fall, and we all know now how that turned out!

The only person voting against the motion, interestingly enough, is the lone Democrat on the commission.

I am somewhat skeptical as to the veracity of the allegations against Gibbs.

https://www.detroitnews.com/story/news/ ... 798521007/
Hell, if I were on the commission, I would've voted to keep Gibbs on... this shitshow is quite entertaining to watch unfold! Watching the MAGAts eat themselves is hilarious. :rollin
Dropping knowledge on forum MAGAts.
Unapologetically intellectually superior.

Graham Wellington

Post by Graham Wellington » Fri Mar 01, 2024 12:39 pm

How fucking looney is this board if John Gibbs comes across as a voice of reason?

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic