Acceptable registrations in the queue through April 26 at 9:00p ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Worn becomes Warren again after electing first female mayor!

Debate and discussion of current events and political issues in the State of Michigan. Be forewarned -- this forum is NOT for the intellectually weak or those of you with thin skins. Don't come crying to me if you become the subject of ridicule. **Board Administrator reserves the right to revoke posting privileges based on my sole discretion**
MotorCityRadioFreak

Re: Worn becomes Warren again after electing first female mayor!

Post by MotorCityRadioFreak » Fri Nov 10, 2023 6:07 pm

Sterling Heights is not bad. They have one nasty motel by the credit union, and that’s it. Lucky’s is a great brunch spot.(no affiliation with THAT Lucky). There is Muncheez and Angelo’s on the Avenue is nice. I admit that it was disappointing that Olga’s and Red Hot and Blue closed, but it not run down. The new MJR theatre is beautiful.

I personally know Mike Notte Jr, and he has always been decent to me.

They/them, non-binary and proud.

Remember that “2000 Mules” was concocted by a circus of elephants.
The right needs to stop worry about what’s between people’s legs. Instead, they should focus on what’s between their ears.
Audacity sucks.

Colonel Flagg

Post by Colonel Flagg » Fri Nov 10, 2023 6:20 pm

Neckbeard wrote:
Fri Nov 10, 2023 1:30 pm
MWmetalhead wrote:
Fri Nov 10, 2023 1:05 pm
I agree with MCRF insofar as a close political allegiance with Fouts given Fouts' antics would disqualify said individual from receiving my vote.

The downtown concept that has been pitched going back at least two decades is a pipe dream. Warren should try to follow in the footsteps of Southfield and beautify Van Dyke Ave in much the same way Southfield has beautified Evergreen Rd. Turn Van Dyke into a boulevard and replace the hideous streetscape. Sterling Heights actually has done a fine job upgrading the appearance of its stretch of Van Dyke.
Van Dyke through Sterling Heights is horrible and is basically a ghetto sex trafficking corridor. The hotels between 14-15 mile are notorious for hookers and drugs. There are three Asian Massage Parlours along Van Dyke that have existed for a decade but the city won't do a damn thing about them. The Walmart there is literally unusable and the strip mall with the Walmart is just dying, gross businesses and a nasty chinese buffet. The restaurants from 14-Hall all look like trash and most haven't been updated since I got my license in '98. That strip mall on 17 and Van Dyke hasn't been improved in forever, either. I am seriously not seeing what you are seeing. I always consider Van Dyke to be the worst example of what SH has to offer. But then I see Mound and that isn't much better.

Sterling Heights is also building more low-income housing at 19 and VD where that tiny amusement park used to be as well. At least there's a trailer park nearby where the residents can go to buy drugs when they sell their plasma at that CSL. I'm not trying to be an asshole, I just do not believe that Van Dyke through SH is something any city should look to as an example.
I hate to tell you this, Class of '98, but Van Dyke through Sterling Heights has always been a bit sketchy. If only you could have seen how bad it looked in the 70's, during Nixon, Ford, and Carter. Sure, there were more classy restaurants back then, like Mr.F's Beef & Bourbon, The Keg and I, and the Chinese place with the pagoda style roof that caved in after it sat abandoned for years. But most of the problems you listed were already there. And as for beautification of the area, there sure wasn't any.
"Don't you knock when you enter a room?"

MotorCityRadioFreak

Post by MotorCityRadioFreak » Fri Nov 10, 2023 6:33 pm

MWmetalhead wrote:
I agree with MCRF insofar as a close political allegiance with Fouts given Fouts' antics would disqualify said individual from receiving my vote.

The downtown concept that has been pitched going back at least two decades is a pipe dream. Warren should try to follow in the footsteps of Southfield and beautify Van Dyke Ave in much the same way Southfield has beautified Evergreen Rd. Turn Van Dyke into a boulevard and replace the hideous streetscape. Sterling Heights actually has done a fine job upgrading the appearance of its stretch of Van Dyke.
I am actually okay with a smaller footprint downtown, but it has to be funded through private means and NOT the DDA. No corporate welfare.

The right needs to stop worry about what’s between people’s legs. Instead, they should focus on what’s between their ears.
Audacity sucks.

MotorCityRadioFreak

Post by MotorCityRadioFreak » Fri Nov 10, 2023 7:28 pm

audiophile wrote:
Fri Nov 10, 2023 9:05 am
MotorCityRadioFreak wrote:
Thu Nov 09, 2023 3:05 pm
MWmetalhead wrote:
Thu Nov 09, 2023 10:29 am
She looks like a lot of women in Warren. Just sayin'. :hat

I will say if I were still a resident of Warren, I would have voted for her. Dimas looked like a stuffy pants old geezer 15 years ago. I was a bit surprised to see he was still active in local politics.
He was Fouts’ HR director and ran under the same PAC Fouts did.
Matt wrote:
Thu Nov 09, 2023 12:27 pm
[quote=MotorCityRadioFreak post_id=764258 time=<a href="tel:1699506572">1699506572</a> user_id=15378]
So maybe all of you would have supported her racist opponent HR director George DimaS? She bought them for several meet and greets. You misogynists are so hateful.
How are we misogynists?
How is this possible? Aren't you a chromosome denier?
I don’t disagree with female or male and have no problem with cisgender people, but sex and gender are more complicated than you say.

https://youtu.be/kT0HJkr1jj4?si=kgvY8AtVigFk-0T8

Audacity sucks.

Deleted User 9015

Post by Deleted User 9015 » Fri Nov 10, 2023 9:01 pm

Fri Nov 10, 2023 6:07 pm
Sterling Heights is not bad. They have one nasty motel by the credit union, and that’s it. Lucky’s is a great brunch spot.(no affiliation with THAT Lucky). There is Muncheez and Angelo’s on the Avenue is nice. I admit that it was disappointing that Olga’s and Red Hot and Blue closed, but it not run down. The new MJR theatre is beautiful.

Being home to five Rub and Tugs, multiple motels where hooking and sex trafficking occurs, and being a major illicit drug trafficking hub does not make a city nice.

I've head Lucky's is good and the MJR is actually decent. Sterling Heights is turning into Warren, though.

MasterB

Post by MasterB » Sun Nov 12, 2023 1:15 am

Neckbeard wrote:
MWmetalhead wrote:

Van Dyke through Sterling Heights is horrible and is basically a ghetto sex trafficking corridor. The hotels between 14-15 mile are notorious for hookers and drugs. There are three Asian Massage Parlours along Van Dyke that have existed for a decade but the city won't do a damn thing about them. The Walmart there is literally unusable and the strip mall with the Walmart is just dying, gross businesses and a nasty chinese buffet. The restaurants from 14-Hall all look like trash and most haven't been updated since I got my license in '98. That strip mall on 17 and Van Dyke hasn't been improved in forever, either. I am seriously not seeing what you are seeing. I always consider Van Dyke to be the worst example of what SH has to offer. But then I see Mound and that isn't much better.

Sterling Heights is also building more low-income housing at 19 and VD where that tiny amusement park used to be as well. At least there's a trailer park nearby where the residents can go to buy drugs when they sell their plasma at that CSL. I'm not trying to be an asshole, I just do not believe that Van Dyke through SH is something any city should look to as an example.
Why don't you call the AG's office since they should care about sex trafficking at least and maybe the drug problem?
Go Pistons, Let's Go Redwings.

Deleted User 9015

Post by Deleted User 9015 » Sun Nov 12, 2023 2:05 am

MasterB wrote:
Sun Nov 12, 2023 1:15 am
Neckbeard wrote:
MWmetalhead wrote:

Why don't you call the AG's office since they should care about sex trafficking at least and maybe the drug problem?
If they've been there for over a decade then I am sure they already know.

Mike

Post by Mike » Sun Nov 12, 2023 9:27 pm

MWmetalhead wrote:
Having heard/read about Fouts's history, this is my takeaway from Tuesday's results - that Warren voters were ready to be DONE with him and his ilk. Plain and simple.

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Post by MWmetalhead » Mon Nov 13, 2023 5:58 pm

Prediction:
Hizzoner (Fouts) files to run for Stone's vacant State House seat.
Morgan Wallen is a piece of garbage.

Mega Hertz

Post by Mega Hertz » Mon Nov 13, 2023 6:23 pm

I miss a lot about living in Sterling Heights, only because I was young and didn't really know better. I miss wandering around Lakeside Mall around this time of year with my "girlfriend" (that shit is different when you're 14, 15 years old lol), so many great memories, but I was young. I thought we were the worst kids ever because we played ding, dong, ditch or blasted fire extinguishers in people's windows. I had no idea what was really going on until I started buying pills and cocaine from a guy that lived in those apartments off Delco and Hall Rd. The sheen came off real fucking quick.

That was almost 30 years ago. How times have changed.
"Internet is no more like radio than intravenous feeding is like fine dining."
-TurkeyTop

MotorCityRadioFreak

Post by MotorCityRadioFreak » Fri Nov 17, 2023 7:26 pm

MWmetalhead wrote:
Mon Nov 13, 2023 5:58 pm
Prediction:
Hizzoner (Fouts) files to run for Stone's vacant State House seat.
I agree with your prediction. He is in district.

Audacity sucks.

Deleted User 16093

Post by Deleted User 16093 » Sat Nov 18, 2023 9:45 pm

This Fouts fellow sounds like a horrible person. I looked him up on YouTube and my goodness! :eek

Round Six

Post by Round Six » Sat Nov 18, 2023 11:00 pm

Foamy wrote:
Sat Nov 18, 2023 9:45 pm
This Fouts fellow sounds like a horrible person. I looked him up on YouTube and my goodness! :eek
Rumor has it Simpson's creater Matt Groening had Fouts in mind when he created Mr. Burns.
Life is not a dress rehearsal. This is it. There's no going back, and we can only go forward before we run out of runway.

Deleted User 16093

Post by Deleted User 16093 » Sat Nov 18, 2023 11:26 pm

The black frame glasses look odd on him.

Deleted User 16144

Post by Deleted User 16144 » Mon Nov 20, 2023 9:39 am

Neckbeard wrote:
Fri Nov 10, 2023 9:01 pm
Fri Nov 10, 2023 6:07 pm

Being home to five Rub and Tugs, multiple motels where hooking and sex trafficking occurs, and being a major illicit drug trafficking hub does not make a city nice.

I've head Lucky's is good and the MJR is actually decent. Sterling Heights is turning into Warren, though.
How does one know all this about “rub and tugs” and “sex trafficking”?

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic