Acceptable registrations in the queue through April 26 at 9:00p ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Dana Nessel calls out Rashida Tlaib for "cruel and hateful" comments

Debate and discussion of current events and political issues in the State of Michigan. Be forewarned -- this forum is NOT for the intellectually weak or those of you with thin skins. Don't come crying to me if you become the subject of ridicule. **Board Administrator reserves the right to revoke posting privileges based on my sole discretion**
bmw

Re: Dana Nessel calls out Rashida Tlaib for "cruel and hateful" comments

Post by bmw » Thu Nov 09, 2023 7:35 am

MWmetalhead wrote:
Wed Nov 08, 2023 11:27 am
I agree with Audiophile. The censure is a feel-good political maneuver and little else.
That, pretty much by definition, is what a censure is, as it is nothing more than a statement of disapproval. In this particular instance, I don't have an opinion one way or the other. Do I disapprove of what Tlaib said? Yes I do. Would I have voted to make that disapproval formal? I don't know. I'm much less concerned about the things she says than I am about the fact that somebody like her can get enough votes to win public office.

teetoppz28

Post by teetoppz28 » Thu Nov 09, 2023 3:40 pm

Old decrepit dumbass 1636635355364 wrote:
Wed Nov 08, 2023 4:55 pm
teetoppz28 wrote:
Wed Nov 08, 2023 2:35 pm
We have a government shutdown looming. But yeah, let's focus on what a Congresswoman has a First Amendment right to say!
The old thing A isn't as important as thing B therefore we can't talk about thing A card.
Priorities.

NOT censuring Rashida affects who? No one.

NOT passing funding to keep the government open affects who? Basically EVERY American, especially those who would get furloughed.

Try to keep up, old man. I know it's a scary new world. #jfc
Dropping knowledge on forum MAGAts.
Unapologetically intellectually superior.

bmw

Post by bmw » Thu Nov 09, 2023 4:56 pm

Barely intellectually superior to a house plant wrote:
Thu Nov 09, 2023 3:40 pm
Priorities.

NOT passing funding to keep the government open affects who? Basically EVERY American, especially those who would get furloughed.
So only things that affect lots of people are worthy of discussion? Or can you just not walk and chew gum at the same time?

teetoppz28

Post by teetoppz28 » Thu Nov 09, 2023 5:27 pm

broken down Ford Pinto wrote:
Thu Nov 09, 2023 4:56 pm
teetoppz28 wrote:
Thu Nov 09, 2023 3:40 pm
Priorities.

So only things that affect lots of people are worthy of discussion? Or can you just not walk and chew gum at the same time?
Again, priorities.

Censuring someone does absolutely nothing. She's highly popular in her district, so she won't be voted out (most likely). So why waste bandwidth when there are more important things with which to deal?

I can run circles around you.
Dropping knowledge on forum MAGAts.
Unapologetically intellectually superior.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic