Acceptable registrations in the queue through April 26 at 9:00p ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Judge orders Michigan AG to pay former Gov. Snyder’s legal fees for Flint water ‘document dump’

Debate and discussion of current events and political issues in the State of Michigan. Be forewarned -- this forum is NOT for the intellectually weak or those of you with thin skins. Don't come crying to me if you become the subject of ridicule. **Board Administrator reserves the right to revoke posting privileges based on my sole discretion**
audiophile

Judge orders Michigan AG to pay former Gov. Snyder’s legal fees for Flint water ‘document dump’

Post by audiophile » Thu Oct 12, 2023 5:56 am

What a mess. Wasn't this after Nessel dropped all the cases and started over? Think she lost handily after that.

https://www.detroitnews.com/story/news/ ... 135130007/

https://www.mlive.com/news/flint/2023/1 ... -dump.html

Ask not what your country can do FOR you; ask what they are about to do TO YOU!!

TC Talks

Re: Judge orders Michigan AG to pay former Gov. Snyder’s legal fees for Flint water ‘document dump’

Post by TC Talks » Thu Oct 12, 2023 7:36 am

Too bad Republicans don't have anyone as competent as Nessel. Your party lost handily by nominating an election conspiracy whacko.
“The more you can increase fear of drugs, crime, welfare mothers, immigrants and aliens, the more you control all of the people.”
― Noam Chomsky

Posting Content © 2024 TC Talks Holdings LP.

craig11152

Re: Judge orders Michigan AG to pay former Gov. Snyder’s legal fees for Flint water ‘document dump’

Post by craig11152 » Thu Oct 12, 2023 10:25 am

TC Talks wrote:
Thu Oct 12, 2023 7:36 am
Too bad Republicans don't have anyone as competent as Nessel. Your party lost handily by nominating an election conspiracy whacko.
I think it's more accurate to say the republicans couldn't find somebody less incompetent.
I no longer directly engage trolls

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Post by MWmetalhead » Thu Oct 12, 2023 10:30 am

Audiophile is 100 percent correct. Nessel and incompetent Wayne County prosecutor, Kym Worthy, undermined and unraveled the hard work Bill Schuette and Todd Flood had completed. Several preliminary hearings had already been completed with cases ready to move to trial. A few convictions under plea bargains had also already occurred.

The decision to "start over" and base indictments on a one person grand jury proved disastrous due to unconstitutionality.
Morgan Wallen is a piece of garbage.

MasterB

Post by MasterB » Thu Oct 12, 2023 11:17 pm

Good for the judge that Nessel has to pay the bills for Snyder's legal bills, she really screwed up and tried to change the chairs on the boat deck when she should've kept the charges that Bill Schuette brought in the Flint Water crisis what a mess Dana & Worthy created. No justice for Flint no one is going to jail and I always thought that if Schuette had anything on Snyder and could press charges on the governor I think he would've done it in my opinion.
Go Pistons, Let's Go Redwings.

Matt

Post by Matt » Fri Oct 13, 2023 6:41 am

MWmetalhead wrote:
Thu Oct 12, 2023 10:30 am
Audiophile is 100 percent correct. Nessel and incompetent Wayne County prosecutor, Kym Worthy, undermined and unraveled the hard work Bill Schuette and Todd Flood had completed. Several preliminary hearings had already been completed with cases ready to move to trial. A few convictions under plea bargains had also already occurred.

The decision to "start over" and base indictments on a one person grand jury proved disastrous due to unconstitutionality.
I disagree - Nessel should have completely dropped any legal action.
Voting for Trump is dumber than playing Russian Roulette with fully loaded chambers.

audiophile

Post by audiophile » Fri Oct 13, 2023 6:48 am

Matt wrote:
Fri Oct 13, 2023 6:41 am
MWmetalhead wrote:

That would have been better than starting over with a one-person grand jury and millions of taxpayer dollars, and now even more taxpayer dollars.

It was almost like Nessel designed it to fail.

Between this and a being contributing factor to the Sanford Dam breach, how has her much buffoonery cost the state?
Ask not what your country can do FOR you; ask what they are about to do TO YOU!!

Matt

Post by Matt » Fri Oct 13, 2023 7:02 am

audiophile wrote:
Fri Oct 13, 2023 6:48 am
Matt wrote:
Fri Oct 13, 2023 6:41 am
MWmetalhead wrote:

That would have been better than starting over with a one-person grand jury and millions of taxpayer dollars, and now even more taxpayer dollars.

It was almost like Nessel designed it to fail.

Between this and a being contributing factor to the Sanford Dam breach, how has her much buffoonery cost the state?
Also, she declined to investigate Whitmer's nursing home policy during covid.
Voting for Trump is dumber than playing Russian Roulette with fully loaded chambers.

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Post by MWmetalhead » Fri Oct 13, 2023 5:37 pm

Why?

Matt

Post by Matt » Fri Oct 13, 2023 6:07 pm

MWmetalhead wrote:
Fri Oct 13, 2023 5:37 pm
Why?
You can't criminalize governmental duties. That sets a terrible precedent.

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Post by MWmetalhead » Sat Oct 14, 2023 5:47 pm

I would counter that allowing a conspiracy to defraud the public to go unchecked under the guise of "governmental duties" is a terrible precedent to set.

There are folks within MDEQ who, in my view based on info in prior court filings and other evidence, intentionally distorted lead testing results to deceive the public. At least one outside consultancy was also told not to say anything regarding lead leeching risk from old pipes. I also believe there is a chance Darnell Earley may have been complicit in the cover up, although that is mere speculation on my part.

Matt

Post by Matt » Sat Oct 14, 2023 11:21 pm

MWmetalhead wrote:
Sat Oct 14, 2023 5:47 pm
I would counter that allowing a conspiracy to defraud the public to go unchecked under the guise of "governmental duties" is a terrible precedent to set.

There are folks within MDEQ who, in my view based on info in prior court filings and other evidence, intentionally distorted lead testing results to deceive the public. At least one outside consultancy was also told not to say anything regarding lead leeching risk from old pipes. I also believe there is a chance Darnell Earley may have been complicit in the cover up, although that is mere speculation on my part.
To suggest the governor was complicit is a bit of a stretch (I'll note, your response did not do that).

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic