Acceptable registrations in the queue through April 26 at 9:00p ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

This is why violent crime is a major issue...

Debate and discussion of current events and political issues in the State of Michigan. Be forewarned -- this forum is NOT for the intellectually weak or those of you with thin skins. Don't come crying to me if you become the subject of ridicule. **Board Administrator reserves the right to revoke posting privileges based on my sole discretion**
MWmetalhead
Site Admin

This is why violent crime is a major issue...

Post by MWmetalhead » Thu Oct 05, 2023 5:15 pm

The fact these two men were allowed to plea bargain down to absurdly light sentences for the crime of murder is a complete outrage.

Kim Worthy's office is a disgrace.

These THUGS will probably be back in society in 15 years or less via parole.

https://www.detroitnews.com/story/news/ ... 993271007/

Morgan Wallen is a piece of garbage.

TC Talks

Re: This is why violent crime is major issue...

Post by TC Talks » Thu Oct 05, 2023 5:19 pm

Or

We don't have the funds to house every criminal for life. Why would she plead otherwise? It probably allowed her prosecutor to pursue another case sooner.

Life sentence vs 55 years... What is the practical difference?

And explain how this leads to more violent crime? Do you think others see a 55 year sentence and think " I should kill someone"?

Connect the dots for me.
“The more you can increase fear of drugs, crime, welfare mothers, immigrants and aliens, the more you control all of the people.”
― Noam Chomsky

Posting Content © 2024 TC Talks Holdings LP.

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Thu Oct 05, 2023 7:11 pm

TC Talks wrote:
Thu Oct 05, 2023 5:19 pm
Or

We don't have the funds to house every criminal for life. Why would she plead otherwise? It probably allowed her prosecutor to pursue another case sooner.

And explain how this leads to more violent crime? Do you think others see a 55 year sentence and think " I should kill someone"?

Connect the dots for me.
These guys get out and they will likely do it again. That’s how it leads to violent crime. Also that’s 20-55 years for ONE of the three while the others got 15-25… these guys can all be out before the age of 50 for killing someone by shooting them in the back of the head after tying them up with Christmas lights and muffling the act with a pillow. There are some crimes for which your involvement needs to not come with a possibility of being free again. I would gladly trade non-violent drug offenders for space to permanently house people like this.

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Thu Oct 05, 2023 7:50 pm

Rate This wrote:
Thu Oct 05, 2023 7:11 pm
TC Talks wrote:
Thu Oct 05, 2023 5:19 pm
Or

Connect the dots for me.
These guys get out and they will likely do it again. That’s how it leads to violent crime. Also that’s 20-55 years for ONE of the three while the others got 15-25… these guys can all be out before the age of 50 for killing someone by shooting them in the back of the head after tying them up with Christmas lights and muffling the act with a pillow. There are some crimes for which your involvement needs to not come with a possibility of being free again. I would gladly trade non-violent drug offenders for space to permanently house people like this.
Thats up to lawmakers with mandatory sentencing for non-violent crime. Again, Worthy is managing a difficult situation. Too bad we don't have a correction system that helps not hardens people incarcerated.
“The more you can increase fear of drugs, crime, welfare mothers, immigrants and aliens, the more you control all of the people.”
― Noam Chomsky

MasterB

Re: This is why violent crime is a major issue...

Post by MasterB » Thu Oct 05, 2023 11:54 pm

Lock them up for life Kim Worthy needs to go she doesn't do her job she is soft on crime. If Kim ever runs statewide I'll never vote for her.
Go Pistons, Let's Go Redwings.

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Fri Oct 06, 2023 12:35 am

MasterB wrote:
Thu Oct 05, 2023 11:54 pm
Lock them up for life Kim Worthy needs to go she doesn't do her job she is soft on crime. If Kim ever runs statewide I'll never vote for her.
Then the case would go to trial. This means 100's of hours of prosecutor time. That means the prosecutor's office will not pursue other cases because they have a budget to work within.

Wayne County has the most crime in the state, and the crime surpasses the resources available to see everyone is brought to justice perfectly. Off the cuff comments by white guys in the suburbs (Oakland county has the most resources to pursue criminals) don't change the realities of a poor and dangerous city. There were 14,500 violent crimes in Detroit alone last year. 303 murders.
https://www.mlive.com/public-interest/2 ... eveal.html

The more you learn about how the justice system works, the more you will realize that Worthy is pretty competent and doing the best with the resources she has.
― Noam Chomsky

craig11152

Post by craig11152 » Fri Oct 06, 2023 10:25 am

TC Talks wrote:
Fri Oct 06, 2023 12:35 am
Off the cuff comments by white guys in the suburbs......
As opposed to off the cuff comments by a white guy up North? :rollin
I no longer directly engage trolls

Bobbert

Post by Bobbert » Fri Oct 06, 2023 10:46 am

MWmetalhead wrote:
Thu Oct 05, 2023 5:15 pm
The fact these two men were allowed to plea bargain down to absurdly light sentences for the crime of murder is a complete outrage.

Kim Worthy's office is a disgrace.

These THUGS will probably be back in society in 15 years or less via parole.

https://www.detroitnews.com/story/news/ ... 993271007/
Wanda Evans also needs some sensitivity training. She really didn't need to say any of this.
Wayne Circuit Court Judge Wanda Evans encouraged Covington's family members to remember the “lessons” she taught them. Evan said those lessons “can be carried on by you all, to all that you encounter, to all family members, in spite of this horrible, horrific, tragic situation.”

“That’s all I can say,” she said. “I can give you a long speech, but from the bottom of my heart, I wish you peace.”

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Fri Oct 06, 2023 10:50 am

craig11152 wrote:
Fri Oct 06, 2023 10:25 am
TC Talks wrote:
Yep. I have a friend who works in the Wayne County prosecutors office. We've discussed this topic many times. You are probably welcome to drive your bus downtown and show them how to handle 14,500 violent cases and 303 murders with only 180 attorneys.

https://www.waynecounty.com/elected/pro ... /home.aspx
The Wayne County Prosecutor's Office prosecutes felony cases throughout Wayne County. My staff of over 180 assistant prosecuting attorneys, 24 investigators and 70 clerical and non lawyers support staff prosecute over 52% of all felony cases in Michigan. Forbes Magazine recently named Detroit as the most violent city in America. Our office is one of the 10th largest by case load in America and yet our staff is miniscule compared to offices like Los Angeles who enjoy a staff of over 2,200 or even Philadelphia who employ over 600 people. I am proud of our record and the miracles that we accomplish everyday.
― Noam Chomsky

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Sat Oct 07, 2023 8:35 am

TC Talks wrote:
Fri Oct 06, 2023 10:50 am
craig11152 wrote:
TC Talks wrote:
Yep. I have a friend who works in the Wayne County prosecutors office. We've discussed this topic many times. You are probably welcome to drive your bus downtown and show them how to handle 14,500 violent cases and 303 murders with only 180 attorneys.

The Wayne County Prosecutor's Office prosecutes felony cases throughout Wayne County. My staff of over 180 assistant prosecuting attorneys, 24 investigators and 70 clerical and non lawyers support staff prosecute over 52% of all felony cases in Michigan. Forbes Magazine recently named Detroit as the most violent city in America. Our office is one of the 10th largest by case load in America and yet our staff is miniscule compared to offices like Los Angeles who enjoy a staff of over 2,200 or even Philadelphia who employ over 600 people. I am proud of our record and the miracles that we accomplish everyday.
Sounds like it’s time to increase the staff there bigly…

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Sat Oct 07, 2023 9:18 am

Rate This wrote:
Sat Oct 07, 2023 8:35 am
TC Talks wrote:
craig11152 wrote:
TC Talks wrote:

If Wayne Country had 500 attorneys then I would join the complaining about plea bargains. But then we'd need more prisons.

Wouldn't it be cheaper to invest in Childhood development and parenting support to end this cycle? It's proven itself in other places.
― Noam Chomsky

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Sat Oct 07, 2023 9:31 am

TC Talks wrote:
Sat Oct 07, 2023 9:18 am
Rate This wrote:
Sat Oct 07, 2023 8:35 am
TC Talks wrote:
craig11152 wrote:
TC Talks wrote:

If Wayne Country had 500 attorneys then I would join the complaining about plea bargains. But then we'd need more prisons.

Wouldn't it be cheaper to invest in Childhood development and parenting support to end this cycle? It's proven itself in other places.
Sure but we would need to do both until the situation improves in a generation or so.

kager

Post by kager » Wed Oct 11, 2023 7:58 am

craig11152 wrote:
TC Talks wrote:
:lol

Unless you have met in person, how do you know if white and/or guy?
"The problem with communication is the illusion that it has occurred."

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Wed Oct 11, 2023 1:11 pm

kager wrote:
Wed Oct 11, 2023 7:58 am
craig11152 wrote:
TC Talks wrote:
:lol

Unless you have met in person, how do you know if white and/or guy?
I might identify as an Android
― Noam Chomsky

paul8539

Post by paul8539 » Fri Oct 27, 2023 8:49 pm

Just give them the firing squad. If they think it is unconstitutional, let them complain after they are executed.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic