Acceptable registrations in the queue through May 6 at 7:00p ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Not allowed to carry at MSU

Debate and discussion of current events and political issues in the State of Michigan. Be forewarned -- this forum is NOT for the intellectually weak or those of you with thin skins. Don't come crying to me if you become the subject of ridicule. **Board Administrator reserves the right to revoke posting privileges based on my sole discretion**
TC Talks

Re: Not allowed to carry at MSU

Post by TC Talks » Mon Feb 20, 2023 3:59 pm

Bryce wrote:
Mon Feb 20, 2023 2:17 pm
TC Talks wrote:
Mon Feb 20, 2023 12:49 pm
We are up to 69 mass shootings for 2023 and NONE were stopped by an armed civilian.

If an armed civilian stopped a mass shooting in progress, it wouldn't count as a mass shooting now would it? The El Paso incident as well as the mall in Indiana were stopped before they could reach said mass shooting status.

I am also circumspect of the number you cite. Reference?
Prove that anyone has defending a mass shooting since January 1. There isn't anyone.

As for shootings: https://www.gunviolencearchive.org/repo ... s-shooting

“Blessed are those who are righteous in his name.”
― Matt

Posting Content © 2024 TC Talks Holdings LP.

Deleted User 9015

Post by Deleted User 9015 » Mon Feb 20, 2023 4:16 pm

Bryce wrote:
Mon Feb 20, 2023 3:13 pm
Neckbeard wrote:
Mon Feb 20, 2023 2:36 pm
there are literally dozens of CCW holders who have committed mass shootings,
I don't believe this to be true. CCW (CPL in the State of Michigan) holders have proven out to be more law abiding than law enforcement.
“Among police, firearms violations occur at a rate of 16.5 per 100,000 officers. Among permit holders in Florida and Texas, the rate is only 2.4 per 100,000.10 That is just 1/7th of the rate for police officers. But there’s no need to focus on Texas and Florida — the data are similar in other states.”
Crime Prevention Research Center
So CCW holders and law enforcement officers are in situations where a firearm may be drawn with the same frequency. I learn something new every day from conservatives.
Bryce wrote:
Do you have a source citing the "literal dozens?"
Yes!

https://archive.ph/BVSkn

Bryce

Post by Bryce » Mon Feb 20, 2023 4:39 pm

Neckbeard wrote:
Mon Feb 20, 2023 4:16 pm

So CCW holders and law enforcement officers are in situations where a firearm may be drawn with the same frequency. I learn something new every day from conservatives.
Don't be an ignorant fuck. That's no way to go through life.
Bryce wrote:
Yes!

[/quote]
30 incidents going back to 2008. That is statistically insignificant.
New York and Chicago were all in with respect to their sanctuary status — until they were hit with the challenge of actually providing sanctuary. In other words, typical liberal hypocrisy.

bmw

Post by bmw » Mon Feb 20, 2023 4:46 pm

And only 1 incident since 2020, so defining a mass shooting as 3 or more dead, there have been 33 mass shootings since 2020, 1 killer of whom had a CCW. That's 1 in 33. So the other 32 out of 33 didn't have a permit.

And in the church example I posted earlier in this thread - that wasn't a mass shooting, but it certainly would have ended up as one had nobody else in the church been armed. There would have been countless sitting ducks.

Mega Hertz

Post by Mega Hertz » Mon Feb 20, 2023 5:18 pm

There's a 1 in 34 chance I'm gonna go in my fridge and get a can of peach Red Bull.
"Internet is no more like radio than intravenous feeding is like fine dining."
-TurkeyTop

Deleted User 9015

Post by Deleted User 9015 » Mon Feb 20, 2023 6:42 pm

Bryce wrote:
Mon Feb 20, 2023 4:39 pm
Neckbeard wrote:

Bryce wrote:
Yes!

[/quote]

lol "that's not true! show me a citation!" *sees citation* "that's insignificant!!"

I think I'm done here for now. :lol:

Mega Hertz

Post by Mega Hertz » Mon Feb 20, 2023 7:25 pm

Neckbeard wrote:
Mon Feb 20, 2023 6:42 pm
Bryce wrote:
Neckbeard wrote:

Bryce wrote:
Yes!

lol "that's not true! show me a citation!" *sees citation* "that's insignificant!!"

[/quote]

Now apply that statistic to "voter fraud" and watch his head explode like Scanners.
"Internet is no more like radio than intravenous feeding is like fine dining."
-TurkeyTop

Bryce

Post by Bryce » Wed Feb 22, 2023 8:31 am

Neckbeard wrote:
Mon Feb 20, 2023 6:42 pm
Bryce wrote:
Neckbeard wrote:

Bryce wrote:
Yes!

[/quote]

Well, it is. Your claim that there have been dozens of mass shooting by permit holders doesn't explain that it spanned a total of 15 years. And, only ONE in the past three. Add to that the point that many listed were domestic incidents and not done out in the general public, you numbers are insignificant.
New York and Chicago were all in with respect to their sanctuary status — until they were hit with the challenge of actually providing sanctuary. In other words, typical liberal hypocrisy.

paul8539

Post by paul8539 » Thu Mar 09, 2023 3:37 am

If you can't carry guns, then carry something that you can, such as Bowie knives, mace, pepper spray, sand to throw in eyes, water guns, bear spray, or some such thing. Throw your coffee cup at him; or are beverages not allowed in classrooms?

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic