Acceptable registrations in the queue through June 3 at 5:00p ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Mayor of Ypsilanti Resigns

Debate and discussion of current events and political issues in the State of Michigan. Be forewarned -- this forum is NOT for the intellectually weak or those of you with thin skins. Don't come crying to me if you become the subject of ridicule. **Board Administrator reserves the right to revoke posting privileges based on my sole discretion**
Bryce

Mayor of Ypsilanti Resigns

Post by Bryce » Tue Jun 23, 2020 4:36 pm

Ypsilanti Mayor Beth Bashert is stepping down amid controversy over racists comments she made at a recent city council meeting.

Bashert announced her resignation on Facebook Tuesday, effective at 9 a.m.

The resignation comes after her comments during a city council meeting on Zoom June 16. The council was voting on the reappointment of city human relations commissioner Ka'Ron Gaines and Bashert's response was denounced by other council members.

"Since I will be crucified if I vote against any Black person on any commission, I'm going to vote 'yes,' " Bashert said.
Guess I'm just not woke. I fail to see how those comments can be taken to be racist. Recent happenings all over this country show her statement to be completely true. Playing the racist card has reached a fever pitch. The fact that protest's took place and she was forced to resign proves her statement to be true.

How can something that is true be racist?

https://www.freep.com/story/news/local/ ... 241497001/

New York and Chicago were all in with respect to their sanctuary status — until they were hit with the challenge of actually providing sanctuary. In other words, typical liberal hypocrisy.

UP906

Re: Mayor of Ypsilanti Resigns

Post by UP906 » Tue Jun 23, 2020 7:37 pm

The left is eating itself.
Thread Killer

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Tue Jun 23, 2020 8:48 pm

Bryce wrote:
Tue Jun 23, 2020 4:36 pm
Ypsilanti Mayor Beth Bashert is stepping down amid controversy over racists comments she made at a recent city council meeting.

Bashert announced her resignation on Facebook Tuesday, effective at 9 a.m.

The resignation comes after her comments during a city council meeting on Zoom June 16. The council was voting on the reappointment of city human relations commissioner Ka'Ron Gaines and Bashert's response was denounced by other council members.

"Since I will be crucified if I vote against any Black person on any commission, I'm going to vote 'yes,' " Bashert said.
Guess I'm just not woke. I fail to see how those comments can be taken to be racist. Recent happenings all over this country show her statement to be completely true. Playing the racist card has reached a fever pitch. The fact that protest's took place and she was forced to resign proves her statement to be true.

How can something that is true be racist?

https://www.freep.com/story/news/local/ ... 241497001/
Considering everybody else voted no on the matter she was incorrect. Why she felt the need to say it at all is beyond me.

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Post by MWmetalhead » Tue Jun 23, 2020 8:56 pm

It was a stupid remark, and I disagree completely that recent happenings around this country prove her statement to be completely true.
Morgan Wallen is a piece of garbage.

Bryce

Post by Bryce » Tue Jun 23, 2020 9:02 pm

MWmetalhead wrote:
Tue Jun 23, 2020 8:56 pm
It was a stupid remark, and I disagree completely that recent happenings around this country prove her statement to be completely true.
How about the fact that there were protest calling for her to resign because of racist comments? That kind of confirms her point of view.

I agree that what she said was stupid for a Mayor to say, but I think it falls pretty far from racist. But, the mob thought so, so it must be.
New York and Chicago were all in with respect to their sanctuary status — until they were hit with the challenge of actually providing sanctuary. In other words, typical liberal hypocrisy.

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Tue Jun 23, 2020 9:17 pm

Bryce wrote:
Tue Jun 23, 2020 9:02 pm
MWmetalhead wrote:
Tue Jun 23, 2020 8:56 pm
How about the fact that there were protest calling for her to resign because of racist comments? That kind of confirms her point of view.

I agree that what she said was stupid for a Mayor to say, but I think it falls pretty far from racist. But, the mob thought so, so it must be.
She declared literally “yes I’m a racist” after she made the remark...

Matt

Post by Matt » Tue Jun 23, 2020 9:24 pm

Her? She?

I don't think so...

I wish the dickhead mayor of Ann Arbor, Christopher Taylor, would say something that would force him to resign too.
Voting for Trump is dumber than playing Russian Roulette with fully loaded chambers.

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Tue Jun 23, 2020 9:50 pm

Matt wrote:
Tue Jun 23, 2020 9:24 pm
Her? She?

I don't think so...

I wish the dickhead mayor of Ann Arbor, Christopher Taylor, would say something that would force him to resign too.
Bring back Hieftje!!!!

Matt

Post by Matt » Tue Jun 23, 2020 9:56 pm

Rate This wrote:
Tue Jun 23, 2020 9:50 pm
Matt wrote:
Her? She?

I don't think so...

Bring back Hieftje!!!!
No, he sucked too. Taylor is a continuation of Heiftje.
Voting for Trump is dumber than playing Russian Roulette with fully loaded chambers.

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Tue Jun 23, 2020 10:11 pm

Matt wrote:
Tue Jun 23, 2020 9:56 pm
Rate This wrote:
Tue Jun 23, 2020 9:50 pm
Matt wrote:
Her? She?

I don't think so...

Bring back Hieftje!!!!
No, he sucked too. Taylor is a continuation of Heiftje.
Would it really be possible to please you in such a liberal place?

Matt

Post by Matt » Tue Jun 23, 2020 10:34 pm

Yes, Jack Eaton, one of my council members would have been a H*** improvement. Also, Ann Arbor is not really that liberal. It votes hugely Democrat, but partisan politics are irrelevant at the local level.

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Tue Jun 23, 2020 11:12 pm

Matt wrote:
Tue Jun 23, 2020 10:34 pm
Yes, Jack Eaton, one of my council members would have been a H*** improvement. Also, Ann Arbor is not really that liberal. It votes hugely Democrat, but partisan politics are irrelevant at the local level.
Half your “Democrats” are actually Republicans.

Matt

Post by Matt » Wed Jun 24, 2020 8:03 am

Jack Eaton used to be a bus driver.

Again, local politics don't require partisan labels.

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Wed Jun 24, 2020 10:16 am

Matt wrote:
Wed Jun 24, 2020 8:03 am

I’ve always liked Jack Eaton but his side of the coin doesn’t seem to win the big chair there ever. There are two Fairly distinct factions it seems.

Matt

Post by Matt » Wed Jun 24, 2020 12:37 pm

Rate This wrote:
Wed Jun 24, 2020 10:16 am
Matt wrote:
Wed Jun 24, 2020 8:03 am

I’ve always liked Jack Eaton but his side of the coin doesn’t seem to win the big chair there ever. There are two Fairly distinct factions it seems.
If the election was in November instead of August, he'd win.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic