Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 16 at 11:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Election day Predictions

Debate and discussion of current events and political issues across the U.S. and throughout the World. Be forewarned -- this forum is NOT for the intellectually weak or those of you with thin skins. Don't come crying to me if you become the subject of ridicule. **Board Administrator reserves the right to revoke posting privileges based on my sole discretion**
Turkeytop

Election day Predictions

Post by Turkeytop » Fri Nov 02, 2018 8:03 pm

I believe there was a thread on this topic but it was lost.

It's none of my business and I don't have any skin in the game. But here goes my very uneducated predictions.

Republicans will make gains in the Senate.

Democrats will make gains in the house, but fall short of a majority.

The Dems might score one or two upsets in Governorship races.

I started out with nothing and I still have most of it.

Mega Hertz

Re: Election day Predictions

Post by Mega Hertz » Fri Nov 02, 2018 9:20 pm

My prediction? I'll get stuck in traffic on 23, and someone at work won't flush after they take a shit.

I also predict we'll have meatloaf for dinner.

"Internet is no more like radio than intravenous feeding is like fine dining."
-TurkeyTop

Turkeytop

Post by Turkeytop » Fri Nov 02, 2018 9:47 pm

Mega Hertz wrote:
Fri Nov 02, 2018 9:20 pm
My prediction? I'll get stuck in traffic on 23, and someone at work won't flush after they take a shit.

Meatloaf for dinner? What could be better than that? I'm going to your house for election night.

ftballfan

Post by ftballfan » Fri Nov 02, 2018 11:13 pm

1st District (US House): Bergman 55, Morgan 45
35th District (State Senate): VanderWall 60, Taillard 40
101st District (State House): O'Malley 52, Wiejaczka 48 (Wiejaczka's lack of name recognition will hurt her)
US Senate: Stabenow 52, James 44, others 4
Governor: Whitmer 50, Schuette 45, others 5

Republicans hold all of their seats in the Senate and pick up ND for sure (and possibly picking up a couple of FL, IN, MO, WV, MT, and/or NJ).
When it comes to the House, the Democrats pick up seats, but I think the Republicans narrowly hold on to control.

Deleted User 8570

Post by Deleted User 8570 » Fri Nov 02, 2018 11:39 pm

Dems win Governor, Senate and SOS. GOP gets the AG.

Dems win the house with about a 20 seat majority and Republicans hold the senate. Elissa Slotkin and Haley Stevens win in the house.

North Dakota goes red as does Nevada and Missouri. Arizona, Indiana, Florida, West Virginia, Montana, New Jersey all go blue. Gillum wins in Florida for Governor.

Mega Hertz

Post by Mega Hertz » Sat Nov 03, 2018 8:05 am

Turkeytop wrote:
Fri Nov 02, 2018 9:47 pm
Mega Hertz wrote:

Meatloaf for dinner? What could be better than that? I'm going to your house for election night.
Stop on by. We'd love to have you. I make a killer meatloaf. Not all of us here in the States are greedy and selfish. You'd be welcome at my dinner table.

-TurkeyTop

Bryce

Post by Bryce » Sat Nov 03, 2018 8:52 am

Mega Hertz wrote:
Sat Nov 03, 2018 8:05 am
Turkeytop wrote:
Mega Hertz wrote:

Stop on by. We'd love to have you. I make a killer meatloaf. Not all of us here in the States are greedy and selfish. You'd be welcome at my dinner table.
Plus you just gotta know, he'd bring the beer!

New York and Chicago were all in with respect to their sanctuary status — until they were hit with the challenge of actually providing sanctuary. In other words, typical liberal hypocrisy.

Mega Hertz

Post by Mega Hertz » Sat Nov 03, 2018 9:06 am

Bryce wrote:
Sat Nov 03, 2018 8:52 am
Mega Hertz wrote:
Sat Nov 03, 2018 8:05 am
Turkeytop wrote:
Mega Hertz wrote:

Plus you just gotta know, he'd bring the beer!
While I appreciate the sentiment, I'm a recovering junkie. Clean over two years. Booze and drugs of any kind are a big no-no.

Now bring some Pepsi or coffee, that's automatic entrance!

-TurkeyTop

Bryce

Post by Bryce » Sat Nov 03, 2018 11:38 am

Mega Hertz wrote:
Sat Nov 03, 2018 9:06 am

Clean over two years.
Spectacular! Congrats!!

If you'd care to share what worked for you, it would be great. I have a nephew addicted to heroin. His parents have tried everything and have spent tens of thousands of dollars to try and help him and nothing works. It's so sad. He has two college degrees, is 40 years old and has to live in his parents basement because he cant hold down a job.

New York and Chicago were all in with respect to their sanctuary status — until they were hit with the challenge of actually providing sanctuary. In other words, typical liberal hypocrisy.

Mega Hertz

Post by Mega Hertz » Sat Nov 03, 2018 12:27 pm

Bryce wrote:
Sat Nov 03, 2018 11:38 am
Mega Hertz wrote:
Sat Nov 03, 2018 9:06 am

Clean over two years.
Spectacular! Congrats!!

If you'd care to share what worked for you, it would be great. I have a nephew addicted to heroin. His parents have tried everything and have spent tens of thousands of dollars to try and help him and nothing works. It's so sad. He has two college degrees, is 40 years old and has to live in his parents basement because he cant hold down a job.
I will PM you.

-TurkeyTop

bmw

Post by bmw » Sat Nov 03, 2018 1:35 pm

Seems like the polls in the past week or so are leaning back towards the democrats - I wonder if republicans peaked a week too early? Then again, the polls weren't exactly correct in 2016 so who knows.

On some of these races I have to go on gut instinct, so here goes...my final prediction set for election day:

-Stabbenow by 8
-Whitmer by 10

-Cruz (R) in Texas by 7
-Blackburn (R) in Tennessee by 8
-Rosen (D) in Nevada by 2
-Tester (D) in Montana by 4
-Hawley (R) in Missouri by 3
-Braun (R) in Indiana by less than 1 (I suspect the libertarian is over-polling)
-Florida by 1 point either way. I have no gut feeling on this race
-McSally (R) in Arizona by 2

Republicans 53 or 54 in the Senate
Republicans hold House 218-217

Turkeytop

Post by Turkeytop » Sat Nov 03, 2018 9:06 pm

Mega Hertz wrote:

How can you predict with such confidence that you will have meatloaf that night? Is it an election night tradition?

I have zero interest in sports. Watching election results is like my Super Bowl. I have developed certain traditions for the occasion.

Mega Hertz

Post by Mega Hertz » Sun Nov 04, 2018 7:25 am

Turkeytop wrote:
Sat Nov 03, 2018 9:06 pm
Mega Hertz wrote:

How can you predict with such confidence that you will have meatloaf that night? Is it an election night tradition?

I have zero interest in sports. Watching election results is like my Super Bowl. I have developed certain traditions for the occasion.
Since I do the cooking, I plan the meals out for the week.

You know, us leftists are all on welfare, so I have unlimited food stamps to get all this good food at the taxpayer's expense.

Oh, wait...I work and receive no government help. Guess that blows a hole in all the right wing's theories.

You're still welcome. Nothing like a working class dinner.

-TurkeyTop

Mega Hertz

Post by Mega Hertz » Sun Nov 04, 2018 8:46 am

As for the actual election, I hate doing these because it sets up expectations and that never ends well for me.

In this house, we will be casting votes for Slotkin and Whitmer.

Nationally, I believe Republicans will hold in the Senate and the Democrats will make gains in the house. They may even get a majority, but knowing the Democrats, they'll be stupid enough to help do Republicans' bidding. Changes will not be as drastic as they like to think. Odds are we will keep the status quo. Lovely.

-TurkeyTop

Deleted User 4520

Post by Deleted User 4520 » Mon Nov 05, 2018 8:15 am

I think the governors race will be very close with Whitmer coming out ahead. Stab-me-now vs. James will be interesting. I will never, ever vote for Debbie Stab-me-now!! I will definitely be voting a mixed ticket this time around. I was looking at the sample ballot for my county/township and there are many names I don't recognize and will most likely leave those blank. For trustees of MSU I am voting for Dave Dutch (R) and Kelly Tebay (D). Saw them on Off The Record with Tim Skubik so I know what they're about. For the state proposals voting a big FAT no on weed and yes on the others. As for the countywide proposals I am voting NO to all the millage increases.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic