Acceptable registrations in the queue through May 12 at 7:00p ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

More stupidity from Dana Nessel

Debate and discussion of current events and political issues in the State of Michigan. Be forewarned -- this forum is NOT for the intellectually weak or those of you with thin skins. Don't come crying to me if you become the subject of ridicule. **Board Administrator reserves the right to revoke posting privileges based on my sole discretion**
TC Talks

Re: More stupidity from Dana Nessel

Post by TC Talks » Mon May 13, 2024 7:43 pm

You mean like the type that get pissed off and shoot their dog, then a goat?

The type who leaves death threats to the people Trump tells them to?

The type who believes in Bomb everyone and let God decide.

“Blessed are those who are righteous in his name.”
― Matt

Posting Content © 2024 TC Talks Holdings LP.

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Mon May 13, 2024 7:45 pm

km1125 wrote:
Mon May 13, 2024 7:34 pm
Rate This wrote:
Mon May 13, 2024 6:27 pm
km1125 wrote:
Mon May 13, 2024 6:17 pm
TC Talks wrote:
Mon May 13, 2024 4:37 pm
Rate This wrote:
Mon May 13, 2024 3:39 pm
Graham Wellington wrote:
Mon May 13, 2024 3:18 pm
Rate This wrote:
Thu May 09, 2024 6:49 pm
MWmetalhead wrote:
Thu May 09, 2024 5:51 pm
The suits state attorneys general filed against 3M, et al. for PFAS made sense. Harm in precise physical locations could be directly attributed to the substance.

I am unsure how one can prove what portion of climate change can be directly attributed to burning of fossil fuels. I am also unsure how economic damages associated with fossil fuel usage can be determined. Lastly, our economic vitality and standard of living is highly dependent on fossil fuel availability and usage.
Calling it a waste of money isn’t very accurate… if it succeeds the state would receive a big windfall on behalf of the citizens of Michigan. It could turn out to be quite lucrative indeed.
We're talking Dana Nessel here. Look at her track record. You really think she stands a remote chance of succeeding here? Just the premise of the lawsuit along screams long, drawn out, and expensive with no clear means of success.
Do you really think they would go on a wild goose chase to make a statement? There’s no upside to losing it.
She also is joining many other radical leftist AG's. Strength in numbers.
FIFY
Radical leftist as a term is overplayed. It’s like saying they are members of team Easter bunny.
Maybe.

But it's still an accurate term.
No it’s not. It’s an umbrella term for anybody a Republican disagrees with. Even if 20 years ago they were dead friggin center.

teetoppz28

Post by teetoppz28 » Tue May 14, 2024 9:11 am

Rate This wrote:
Mon May 13, 2024 7:45 pm
km1125 wrote:
Mon May 13, 2024 7:34 pm
Rate This wrote:
Mon May 13, 2024 6:27 pm
km1125 wrote:
Mon May 13, 2024 6:17 pm
TC Talks wrote:
Rate This wrote:
Graham Wellington wrote:
Rate This wrote:
MWmetalhead wrote:
The suits state attorneys general filed against 3M, et al. for PFAS made sense. Harm in precise physical locations could be directly attributed to the substance.

I am unsure how one can prove what portion of climate change can be directly attributed to burning of fossil fuels. I am also unsure how economic damages associated with fossil fuel usage can be determined. Lastly, our economic vitality and standard of living is highly dependent on fossil fuel availability and usage.
Calling it a waste of money isn’t very accurate… if it succeeds the state would receive a big windfall on behalf of the citizens of Michigan. It could turn out to be quite lucrative indeed.
We're talking Dana Nessel here. Look at her track record. You really think she stands a remote chance of succeeding here? Just the premise of the lawsuit along screams long, drawn out, and expensive with no clear means of success.
Do you really think they would go on a wild goose chase to make a statement? There’s no upside to losing it.
She also is joining many other radical leftist AG's. Strength in numbers.
FIFY
Radical leftist as a term is overplayed. It’s like saying they are members of team Easter bunny.
Maybe.

But it's still an accurate term.
No it’s not. It’s an umbrella term for anybody a Republican disagrees with. Even if 20 years ago they were dead friggin center.
Also: RINO, if they have an "R" next to their name...
Dropping knowledge on forum MAGAts.
Unapologetically intellectually superior.

Graham Wellington

Post by Graham Wellington » Tue May 14, 2024 11:06 am

TC Talks wrote:
Mon May 13, 2024 5:57 pm
Graham Wellington wrote:
Mon May 13, 2024 4:41 pm
TC Talks wrote:
Rate This wrote:
Graham Wellington wrote:
Rate This wrote:
MWmetalhead wrote:

She also is joining many other AG's. Strength in numbers.
That is her only hope - that a competent AG is involved that she can ride the coattails of. Something tells me the other AGs are nothing more than political activists as well.
Or this is a good move for the betterment of society and you disagree.

Do you support the cigarette lawsuit or the Oxy lawsuit?
Moving away from fossil fuels? Sure, if done logically. Suing fossil fuel providers for providing a product that society currently depends on for pretty much every aspect of life? How do you sue someone for providing a product that is currently essential?

Cigarettes and Oxy aren't essential life items. Apples to oranges comparison.

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Tue May 14, 2024 12:08 pm

Graham Wellington wrote:
Tue May 14, 2024 11:06 am
TC Talks wrote:
Graham Wellington wrote:
TC Talks wrote:
Rate This wrote:
Graham Wellington wrote:
Rate This wrote:
MWmetalhead wrote:

That is her only hope - that a competent AG is involved that she can ride the coattails of. Something tells me the other AGs are nothing more than political activists as well.

Moving away from fossil fuels? Sure, if done logically. Suing fossil fuel providers for providing a product that society currently depends on for pretty much every aspect of life? How do you sue someone for providing a product that is currently essential?

Gas and Oil can be made obsolete too. The world has only relied on it for less than 200 years.
― Matt

Graham Wellington

Post by Graham Wellington » Tue May 14, 2024 12:32 pm

TC Talks wrote:
Tue May 14, 2024 12:08 pm
Graham Wellington wrote:
TC Talks wrote:
Graham Wellington wrote:
TC Talks wrote:
Rate This wrote:
Graham Wellington wrote:
Rate This wrote:
MWmetalhead wrote:

Gas and Oil can be made obsolete too. The world has only relied on it for less than 200 years.
Agreed, and I'm on board with continuing to move away from it (complete obsolescence is a pipe dream). Dana Nessel suing oil companies isn't the catalyst to accomplish this. What she is doing is nothing more than wasting taxpayer money for a political stunt.

km1125

Post by km1125 » Tue May 14, 2024 1:30 pm

TC Talks wrote:
Graham Wellington wrote:
TC Talks wrote:
Graham Wellington wrote:
TC Talks wrote:
Rate This wrote:
Graham Wellington wrote:
Rate This wrote:
MWmetalhead wrote:

Are you advocating for the same standards of living and life expectancies from 200 years ago?

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Tue May 14, 2024 1:40 pm

km1125 wrote:
Tue May 14, 2024 1:30 pm
TC Talks wrote:
Graham Wellington wrote:
TC Talks wrote:
Graham Wellington wrote:
TC Talks wrote:
Rate This wrote:
Graham Wellington wrote:
Rate This wrote:
MWmetalhead wrote:

Are you advocating for the same standards of living and life expectancies from 200 years ago?
It’s a finite resource. We WILL RUN OUT in the next 100 years or so. Obsolescence will happen whether you approve or not.

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Wed May 15, 2024 12:32 pm

Rate This wrote:
Tue May 14, 2024 1:40 pm
km1125 wrote:
TC Talks wrote:
Graham Wellington wrote:
TC Talks wrote:
Graham Wellington wrote:
TC Talks wrote:
Rate This wrote:
Graham Wellington wrote:
Rate This wrote:
MWmetalhead wrote:

It’s a finite resource. We WILL RUN OUT in the next 100 years or so. Obsolescence will happen whether you approve or not.
Did you happen to see this? I watched the video, it was awkward.
Van Hool double-decker electric bus with Proterra battery drives 2,500 miles from Florida to California on public chargers
https://electrek.co/2022/03/11/van-hool ... -chargers/
― Matt

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Wed May 15, 2024 1:09 pm

TC Talks wrote:
Wed May 15, 2024 12:32 pm
Rate This wrote:
km1125 wrote:
TC Talks wrote:
Graham Wellington wrote:
TC Talks wrote:
Graham Wellington wrote:
TC Talks wrote:
Rate This wrote:
Graham Wellington wrote:
Rate This wrote:
MWmetalhead wrote:

Did you happen to see this? I watched the video, it was awkward.
Van Hool double-decker electric bus with Proterra battery drives 2,500 miles from Florida to California on public chargers
https://electrek.co/2022/03/11/van-hool ... -chargers/
They also loaned one of those to a YouTuber who runs a bus company… they went the opposite way from California to Florida… it didn’t go well and it was mostly related to the charging and low range of an electric bus. Most of the ones that have been tested barely get to 200 miles. There is some truth to the idea that the current crop of diesel engines is pretty damn clean… 90 some percent water vapor is all that comes out at the tailpipe. They capture all of the emissions in the DPF. It’s pretty neat stuff.

km1125

Post by km1125 » Wed May 15, 2024 6:21 pm

Rate This wrote:
If we all believed that "peak oil" BS in the 70's we'd have been out of oil and gas a couple decades ago!

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Wed May 15, 2024 7:36 pm

km1125 wrote:
Wed May 15, 2024 6:21 pm
Rate This wrote:
If we all believed that "peak oil" BS in the 70's we'd have been out of oil and gas a couple decades ago!
Rate This doesn't have the Petroleum Tin Foil Hat. Oil consumption is out pacing those 1970's peak oil projections.
― Matt

km1125

Post by km1125 » Wed May 15, 2024 8:31 pm

TC Talks wrote:
Wed May 15, 2024 7:36 pm
km1125 wrote:
Rate This wrote:
Rate This doesn't have the Petroleum Tin Foil Hat. Oil consumption is out pacing those 1970's peak oil projections.
So is supply. By a long shot!

Matt

Post by Matt » Wed May 15, 2024 8:34 pm

Does Dana's Subaru use gas?
Voting for Trump is dumber than playing Russian Roulette with fully loaded chambers.

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Wed May 15, 2024 9:19 pm

km1125 wrote:
Rate This wrote:
What do you think Fracking is? It is getting the oil out of increasingly difficult locations using new methods. That’s an indication we are slowly using it up. It IS a finite resource not something that gets created continuously forever. The stuff takes millions of years to make.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic