Acceptable registrations in the queue through May 12 at 7:00p ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

More stupidity from Dana Nessel

Debate and discussion of current events and political issues in the State of Michigan. Be forewarned -- this forum is NOT for the intellectually weak or those of you with thin skins. Don't come crying to me if you become the subject of ridicule. **Board Administrator reserves the right to revoke posting privileges based on my sole discretion**
MasterB

Re: More stupidity from Dana Nessel

Post by MasterB » Sun May 12, 2024 12:15 am

TC Talks wrote:
Fri May 10, 2024 8:00 am
MasterB wrote:
Fri May 10, 2024 1:23 am
Abuse of power by clueless Dana Nessel she is a political hack and has done nothing as AG and the worse AG in Michigan history.
Bill Schuette was significantly worse.
Bill Schuette is way better than Dana. The 4 former AG's better than the current one which Frank Kelly was their forever from 1950s to 1998. All Dana had to do was keep the charges that Bill did while he was AG and could've charged more but she wanted to change chairs on the boat deck and Flint doesn't get any justice which is sad next to Kym Worthy both botching the cases.

Go Pistons, Let's Go Redwings.

km1125

Post by km1125 » Sun May 12, 2024 10:20 am

Bail Bonds wrote:
Sat May 11, 2024 2:04 pm
I'm deeply frustrated with Michigan AG Dana Nessel's handling of the Flint water case. Despite promises of justice and accountability, it feels like we're seeing little to no real action or consequences for those responsible. How much longer must the residents of Flint wait for justice? The lack of urgency and tangible results is disheartening and, frankly, unacceptable. We need a clear commitment to resolving this, not just more political posturing.

Given the lack of progress and accountability, it's becoming increasingly clear that perhaps AG Dana Nessel should not only be removed from office but also face legal consequences for her failures in the Flint water crisis.
Well, real accountability should start with how they got in that mess anyways and why they ever needed to get off the DWSD pipeline. Who voted in the folks that were in charge when all that was going on?

audiophile

Post by audiophile » Sun May 12, 2024 8:28 pm

Rate This wrote:
Thu May 09, 2024 6:49 pm
MWmetalhead wrote:
Thu May 09, 2024 5:51 pm
The suits state attorneys general filed against 3M, et al. for PFAS made sense. Harm in precise physical locations could be directly attributed to the substance.

I am unsure how one can prove what portion of climate change can be directly attributed to burning of fossil fuels. I am also unsure how economic damages associated with fossil fuel usage can be determined. Lastly, our economic vitality and standard of living is highly dependent on fossil fuel availability and usage.
Calling it a waste of money isn’t very accurate… if it succeeds the state would receive a big windfall on behalf of the citizens of Michigan. It could turn out to be quite lucrative indeed.
You cannot sue your way into prosperity, the monies received will be passed along to prices at the pump as a "environmental surcharge".

I contend this lawsuit is morally wrong. They sell a legal product that meets all necessary specifications that most of the citizens of the state need on a daily basis.

What's next - suing Kroger because they sell foods that make you fat and cost Medicaid more?
Ask not what your country can do FOR you; ask what they are about to do TO YOU!!

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Sun May 12, 2024 10:06 pm

audiophile wrote:
Sun May 12, 2024 8:28 pm
What's next - suing Kroger because they sell foods that make you fat and cost Medicaid more?
That tactic worked with big tobacco.
“Blessed are those who are righteous in his name.”
― Matt

Posting Content © 2024 TC Talks Holdings LP.

Graham Wellington

Post by Graham Wellington » Mon May 13, 2024 3:18 pm

Rate This wrote:
MWmetalhead wrote:
The suits state attorneys general filed against 3M, et al. for PFAS made sense. Harm in precise physical locations could be directly attributed to the substance.

I am unsure how one can prove what portion of climate change can be directly attributed to burning of fossil fuels. I am also unsure how economic damages associated with fossil fuel usage can be determined. Lastly, our economic vitality and standard of living is highly dependent on fossil fuel availability and usage.
Calling it a waste of money isn’t very accurate… if it succeeds the state would receive a big windfall on behalf of the citizens of Michigan. It could turn out to be quite lucrative indeed.
We're talking Dana Nessel here. Look at her track record. You really think she stands a remote chance of succeeding here? Just the premise of the lawsuit along screams long, drawn out, and expensive with no clear means of success.

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Mon May 13, 2024 3:39 pm

Graham Wellington wrote:
Mon May 13, 2024 3:18 pm
Rate This wrote:
MWmetalhead wrote:

We're talking Dana Nessel here. Look at her track record. You really think she stands a remote chance of succeeding here? Just the premise of the lawsuit along screams long, drawn out, and expensive with no clear means of success.
Do you really think they would go on a wild goose chase to make a statement? There’s no upside to losing it.

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Mon May 13, 2024 4:37 pm

Rate This wrote:
Mon May 13, 2024 3:39 pm
Graham Wellington wrote:
Rate This wrote:
MWmetalhead wrote:

Do you really think they would go on a wild goose chase to make a statement? There’s no upside to losing it.
She also is joining many other AG's. Strength in numbers.
― Matt

Graham Wellington

Post by Graham Wellington » Mon May 13, 2024 4:40 pm

Rate This wrote:
Graham Wellington wrote:
Rate This wrote:
MWmetalhead wrote:

Dana Nessel? Yes, all day. She has proven that time and time again.

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Post by MWmetalhead » Mon May 13, 2024 4:41 pm

audiophile wrote:
Sun May 12, 2024 8:28 pm
Rate This wrote:
MWmetalhead wrote:

You cannot sue your way into prosperity, the monies received will be passed along to prices at the pump as a "environmental surcharge".

I contend this lawsuit is morally wrong. They sell a legal product that meets all necessary specifications that most of the citizens of the state need on a daily basis.

💯

Beautifully stated.
Morgan Wallen is a piece of garbage.

Graham Wellington

Post by Graham Wellington » Mon May 13, 2024 4:41 pm

TC Talks wrote:
Mon May 13, 2024 4:37 pm
Rate This wrote:
Graham Wellington wrote:
Rate This wrote:
MWmetalhead wrote:

That is her only hope - that a competent AG is involved that she can ride the coattails of. Something tells me the other AGs are nothing more than political activists as well.

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Mon May 13, 2024 5:57 pm

Graham Wellington wrote:
Mon May 13, 2024 4:41 pm
TC Talks wrote:
Rate This wrote:
Graham Wellington wrote:
Rate This wrote:
MWmetalhead wrote:

That is her only hope - that a competent AG is involved that she can ride the coattails of. Something tells me the other AGs are nothing more than political activists as well.
Or this is a good move for the betterment of society and you disagree.

Do you support the cigarette lawsuit or the Oxy lawsuit?
― Matt

km1125

Post by km1125 » Mon May 13, 2024 6:17 pm

TC Talks wrote:
Rate This wrote:
Graham Wellington wrote:
Rate This wrote:
MWmetalhead wrote:

She also is joining many other radical leftist AG's. Strength in numbers.
FIFY

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Mon May 13, 2024 6:27 pm

km1125 wrote:
Mon May 13, 2024 6:17 pm
TC Talks wrote:
Rate This wrote:
Graham Wellington wrote:
Rate This wrote:
MWmetalhead wrote:

FIFY
Radical leftist as a term is overplayed. It’s like saying they are members of team Easter bunny.

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Mon May 13, 2024 6:38 pm

Rate This wrote:
Mon May 13, 2024 6:27 pm
km1125 wrote:
TC Talks wrote:
Rate This wrote:
Graham Wellington wrote:
Rate This wrote:
MWmetalhead wrote:

FIFY
Radical leftist as a term is overplayed. It’s like saying they are members of team Easter bunny.
It must be some hot talk guy's go to phrase. You hear it parroted frequently.
― Matt

km1125

Post by km1125 » Mon May 13, 2024 7:34 pm

Rate This wrote:
Mon May 13, 2024 6:27 pm
km1125 wrote:
TC Talks wrote:
Rate This wrote:
Graham Wellington wrote:
Rate This wrote:
MWmetalhead wrote:

FIFY
Maybe.

But it's still an accurate term.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic