Acceptable registrations in the queue through May 12 at 7:00p ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Kudos To The Detroit Police Department

Debate and discussion of current events and political issues in the State of Michigan. Be forewarned -- this forum is NOT for the intellectually weak or those of you with thin skins. Don't come crying to me if you become the subject of ridicule. **Board Administrator reserves the right to revoke posting privileges based on my sole discretion**
Bryce

Kudos To The Detroit Police Department

Post by Bryce » Tue Jun 02, 2020 9:39 am

When googling around looking for information on shooting deaths involving police officers, I came upon the chart I'll post below.

Would you be surprised to find out that you are more than twice as likely to be killed by a police officer in Cincinnati, OH than in Detroit, MI? I know I was.

New York and Chicago were all in with respect to their sanctuary status — until they were hit with the challenge of actually providing sanctuary. In other words, typical liberal hypocrisy.

Deleted User 13307

Re: Kudos To The Detroit Police Department

Post by Deleted User 13307 » Tue Jun 02, 2020 9:54 am

The very best thing Coleman Young accomplished as mayor was fixing the DPD.

I know he is also one of the most polarizing politicians Michigan ever had, but the man did take on what was arguably the biggest issue facing city government in the late 60s and early 70s and made it a positive. Of course it hasn't been perfect, but they have done a good job integrating with residents versus being an occupying force.

When Budzyn and Nevers murdered Malice Green, it was Coleman Young that prevented Detroit from becoming Los Angeles in 1992.

Much respect to Young and those that followed him for not messing up what became a strong point instead of a weakness.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic