Acceptable registrations in the queue through May 12 at 7:00p ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Whitmer Misses The Mark

Debate and discussion of current events and political issues in the State of Michigan. Be forewarned -- this forum is NOT for the intellectually weak or those of you with thin skins. Don't come crying to me if you become the subject of ridicule. **Board Administrator reserves the right to revoke posting privileges based on my sole discretion**
audiophile

Re: Whitmer Misses The Mark

Post by audiophile » Wed Apr 22, 2020 7:45 pm

lovinlife101 wrote:
Wed Apr 22, 2020 3:48 pm
“Missing the mark” is putting it mildly.
I try be fair, but this is insanity! She and the AG have had so many scrambled messages and have taken away more freedoms than I can count.

She says no Lockdown. Three Days later, lockdown and stay 6' apart.

During lockdown she suggests going boating, and exercise. Later...no gas powered boats, because you might have to use gas pump! (suggesting we were too dumb to know how to use gloves).

Essential Businesses only. Ok so Joann's is open selling mask materials. A few days later, nope Joann you can't be open because you are non-essential! Masks aren't effective anyway. Oh wait, everyone should wear masks. You can open curbside but you better not any of those darn silk flowers or AG's gonna be on you! Meanwhile, pot dispensaries, alcohol and lotto are essential?

Home Depot outdoor garden center is open selling edible plants and seeds - Wait you need rope that off!!!

Can't hire someone to mow lawn because they might too dumb to use a gas pump - *see boats*.

Oh and you can't golf, because it's racist and you might touch someone else's balls?!?! Shut them down!

Shelter in Place is just like a snow storm! Really?

Last time we had a cold weather (-15F) she declared a state of emergency.

Oh we should good by April 13. Ooops! Need a 70 day extension.

I'm laying off state workers to save money and putting them on unemployment (so the state still to pays them, but no work gets done while the unemployment department is woefully understaffed and we need contact tracers). So Hire NEW people to do tracing and help with unemployment department. $hazam!

Governor admits 25% have filed for unemployment - highest in nation.

Oh wait, I can borrow 3 billion for roads because I can. I'll give 10% of my salary back or $15,900.

I line-item vetoed 1 billion from state budget, not because it was waste, but because I want to see them squirm!

E-cigarettes? Need executive order!

Be sure cuss in every TV Ad and tell drivers their wheels are gonna fall off and that they'll save money with 45 cent gas tax, even though she lied during debates saying a 20 cent increase was a "ridiculous" amount.

Threaten licenses of doctors who are trying to keep patients from dying.

Knee-replacements banned as non-essential, but elective abortion are essential and is life sustaining?

What did I miss? She's a Narcissist?
Last edited by audiophile on Thu Apr 23, 2020 8:03 am, edited 3 times in total.

Ask not what your country can do FOR you; ask what they are about to do TO YOU!!

Matt

Post by Matt » Wed Apr 22, 2020 9:31 pm

Rate This wrote:
Wed Apr 22, 2020 6:37 pm
Matt wrote:
Wed Apr 22, 2020 5:13 pm
Rate This wrote:
Wed Apr 22, 2020 3:58 pm
Matt wrote:
Wed Apr 22, 2020 3:35 pm
What does she not know today that she will on Friday? Time to cut the shit, Gretch, tell us your damnnnn plan.
It’s probably in the stages of being finalized and the logistics of it ironed out. Unlike Trump she’s a normal person... no announcing and then scrambling to figure it out need apply.
Nice attempted spin on Whitmer's dereliction of duty.
She’s in negotiations with the legislature on a plan to reopen things in waves... it sounds like that plan will be finalized Friday... patience grasshopper...
This is bullshit. She should not have spoken today again without a plan. It's like when she said a stay in place order wasn't happening days before it was imposed. She has no credibility.
Voting for Trump is dumber than playing Russian Roulette with fully loaded chambers.

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Wed Apr 22, 2020 9:33 pm

Matt wrote:
Wed Apr 22, 2020 9:31 pm
This is bullshit. She should not have spoken today again without a plan. It's like when she said a stay in place order wasn't happening days before it was imposed. She has no credibility.
You mean like everything Donald Trump has ever said?
“Blessed are those who are righteous in his name.”
― Matt

Posting Content © 2024 TC Talks Holdings LP.

Matt

Post by Matt » Wed Apr 22, 2020 9:36 pm

Trump at least appears to have a method to his madness. For example, after he threw out the bullshit line of "I can open the country if I want", regions of governors started discussing steps forward. Trump is not always to be taken literally.
Voting for Trump is dumber than playing Russian Roulette with fully loaded chambers.

audiophile

Post by audiophile » Wed Apr 22, 2020 10:00 pm

Ding!
Ask not what your country can do FOR you; ask what they are about to do TO YOU!!

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Wed Apr 22, 2020 10:57 pm

Matt wrote:
Wed Apr 22, 2020 9:31 pm
Rate This wrote:
Wed Apr 22, 2020 6:37 pm
Matt wrote:
Wed Apr 22, 2020 5:13 pm
Rate This wrote:
Wed Apr 22, 2020 3:58 pm
Matt wrote:
Wed Apr 22, 2020 3:35 pm
What does she not know today that she will on Friday? Time to cut the shit, Gretch, tell us your damnnnn plan.
It’s probably in the stages of being finalized and the logistics of it ironed out. Unlike Trump she’s a normal person... no announcing and then scrambling to figure it out need apply.
Nice attempted spin on Whitmer's dereliction of duty.
She’s in negotiations with the legislature on a plan to reopen things in waves... it sounds like that plan will be finalized Friday... patience grasshopper...
In this case a plan is taking shape. The time you refer to from before they undoubtedly got new information that changed the dynamic. Put yourself in their shoes and think about all the information and how dynamic and fluid the situation is and you’ll get why things change.

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Wed Apr 22, 2020 10:59 pm

Matt wrote:
Wed Apr 22, 2020 9:36 pm
Trump at least appears to have a method to his madness. For example, after he threw out the bullshit line of "I can open the country if I want", regions of governors started discussing steps forward. Trump is not always to be taken literally.
He got backed down by those governors... there was no method to his madness. All he would have needed to do is say “ok governors, please start to discuss with us steps forward”... he stepped in it and had to backtrack.

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Wed Apr 22, 2020 11:05 pm

Matt wrote:
Wed Apr 22, 2020 9:36 pm
Trump at least appears to have a method to his madness. For example, after he threw out the bullshit line of "I can open the country if I want", regions of governors started discussing steps forward. Trump is not EVER to be taken literally.
I am glad you're starting to come around on the matter of that idiot. If you would have continued blindly you would have lost all legitimacy just like he has.
― Matt

audiophile

Post by audiophile » Sat May 02, 2020 5:52 pm

It think it was unscrupulous of Whitmer to release these emails. I think the Senate was going to give most of what she wanted. If anything releasing the emails shows Whitmer was way out of line and demonstrates her narcissism.
The state of negotiations reached such a low point Wednesday that Whitmer's office released email exchanges with the office of Senate Majority Leader Mike Shirkey, R-Clarklake, in which Shirkey offered two one-week extensions of the state of emergency in return for Whitmer agreeing to negotiate the terms of any future stay-at-home order with the Legislature.
https://www.freep.com/story/news/local/ ... 043700001/

Matt

Post by Matt » Sat May 02, 2020 6:20 pm

I would like to see Karen Whitsett release the nasty texts she received from Whitmer.

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Sat May 02, 2020 7:05 pm

It seems like the legislature really has zero leverage here and they simply don't realize it. When they have to resort to suing despite the failed attempt in Oakland County it telling how desperate they are.

I suspect that all this is nothing more than showmanship. Shirkley needs to keep appearences for nutters like you.
― Matt

Matt

Post by Matt » Sat May 02, 2020 7:22 pm

TC Talks wrote:
Sat May 02, 2020 7:05 pm
It seems like the legislature really has zero leverage here and they simply don't realize it. When they have to resort to suing despite the failed attempt in Oakland County it telling how desperate they are.

I suspect that all this is nothing more than showmanship. Shirkley needs to keep appearences for nutters like you.
Either you are completely intellectually bankrupt or an idiot, but there is a GIANT difference between suing the dictator over orders issued under an approved emergency order vs. the dictator unilaterally extending the state of emergency and not working with the legislature.

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Sat May 02, 2020 7:35 pm

This one's for you Matt....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jv9sDn_2XkI
― Matt

Matt

Post by Matt » Sat May 02, 2020 7:54 pm

TC Talks wrote:
Sat May 02, 2020 7:35 pm
This one's for you Matt....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jv9sDn_2XkI
Attack, attack, attack. Deflect, deflect, deflect.

Its the Whitmer defense handbook. When you have no accomplishments to speak to, blame others and act like a dictator.

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Sat May 02, 2020 8:47 pm

If you need a refill on the Celexa and can't afford it, your pharmacist can help. If that doesn't pan out, I bet some of the fellas around here could pitch in.
― Matt

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic