Acceptable registrations in the queue through June 3 at 5:00p ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Whitmer Misses The Mark

Debate and discussion of current events and political issues in the State of Michigan. Be forewarned -- this forum is NOT for the intellectually weak or those of you with thin skins. Don't come crying to me if you become the subject of ridicule. **Board Administrator reserves the right to revoke posting privileges based on my sole discretion**
TC Talks

Re: Whitmer Misses The Mark

Post by TC Talks » Mon Apr 20, 2020 7:23 pm

audiophile wrote:
Mon Apr 20, 2020 6:53 pm

I can understand them being weary, she burned them last time.
She is the Chris Christie of Michigan and can't be trusted (both are lawyers and former prosecutors).
And you people trust Trump? He hasn't made an accurate statement about COVID yet... You people are fools.

“Blessed are those who are righteous in his name.”
― Matt

Posting Content © 2024 TC Talks Holdings LP.

audiophile

Post by audiophile » Mon Apr 20, 2020 7:26 pm

Hundreds of calls sounds right.
Ask not what your country can do FOR you; ask what they are about to do TO YOU!!

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Mon Apr 20, 2020 7:34 pm

audiophile wrote:
Mon Apr 20, 2020 7:26 pm
Hundreds of calls sounds right.
That ain't what he said, I know words put in a row like that can be confusing.
― Matt

UP906

Post by UP906 » Mon Apr 20, 2020 10:01 pm

There will be bedlam if boating is locked out come May 15th.
Thread Killer

audiophile

Post by audiophile » Tue Apr 21, 2020 5:42 am

audiophile wrote:
Sat Apr 18, 2020 7:25 pm
The reason this whole thread was to give the account of a man that had an experimental treatment, that worked despite the governor overreacting and threatening to yank doctors licenses and my feeling she lacks innovation to lead the state.

Some called the account baloney, but I kept an open mind (I checked the guy's credentials before posting and it seemed 100% legit). I get the feeling some want this drug fail because Trump suggested it. I could care less who suggested it.

So anyhow here is some good results from a doctor that treated a nursing home full of infected patents.

And yes I still have an open mind.
Another study - 99.3% effective on those that tested positive, when started early:
https://techstartups.com/2020/04/06/fre ... cess-rate/
Ask not what your country can do FOR you; ask what they are about to do TO YOU!!

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Tue Apr 21, 2020 12:59 pm

audiophile wrote:
Tue Apr 21, 2020 5:42 am
audiophile wrote:
Sat Apr 18, 2020 7:25 pm
The reason this whole thread was to give the account of a man that had an experimental treatment, that worked despite the governor overreacting and threatening to yank doctors licenses and my feeling she lacks innovation to lead the state.

Some called the account baloney, but I kept an open mind (I checked the guy's credentials before posting and it seemed 100% legit). I get the feeling some want this drug fail because Trump suggested it. I could care less who suggested it.

So anyhow here is some good results from a doctor that treated a nursing home full of infected patents.

And yes I still have an open mind.
Another study - 99.3% effective on those that tested positive, when started early:
https://techstartups.com/2020/04/06/fre ... cess-rate/
The VA did a Small study and Found absolutely no effect... in fact more of the people that took it died than those who didn’t:
https://apnews.com/a5077c7227b8eb8b0dc23423c0bbe2b2

They quote a person familiar with the trial as saying “I think we are all underwhelmed by this”...

bmw

Post by bmw » Tue Apr 21, 2020 7:46 pm

Oops.

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/gov-wh ... virus-asap
Michigan Gov. Gretchen Whitmer's administration acknowledged Tuesday that normal protocols were bypassed when a contract for coronavirus contact tracing was awarded by the state to Great Lakes Community Engagement, which is operated well-known Democratic consultant Michael Kolehouse -- who has previously written on social media that President Trump should "get Coronavirus ASAP" and that someone should "do the country a favor and cough on that man," social media posts reviewed by Fox News show.

Additionally, the Washington Free Beacon reported earlier Tuesday that Michigan separately gave another contact tracing contract to Every Action VAN, a division of the Democratic data operation NGP VAN.

"This contract should have been approved by the State Emergency Operations Center," a Whitmer spokesperson said by email. "This issue is being corrected, and a different vendor and software platform will be selected by the SEOC.

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Tue Apr 21, 2020 9:40 pm

The EOC will go with a serious player. I am working on MIT's Safe Paths project. It's a free app collaboration with Google and Apple.

No other app will get access to proximity data from iPhone or Android devices.
― Matt

audiophile

Post by audiophile » Wed Apr 22, 2020 6:48 am

I don't use Apple or Google products. I value my privacy.

zzand

Post by zzand » Wed Apr 22, 2020 12:47 pm

I can truly understand getting tired of the Stay At Home orders. Ours are not nearly as tight as Michigan's, I still go to work daily, shop weekly, true with a mask and social distancing, and can go for a walk and work in my yard. But it would be nice to get closer to normal. But the protests are not going to change things. The governor's have to do what they think best for the whole state and that can be a pain for certain segments. This week we had some of our restrictions eased but the order extended to May 1st. A CNN personality posed the question, would the protesters in all states be willing to sign a document saying they will not seek medical treatment if they get sick from going right back to normal and while I see her point she missed the mark, it isn't only those who sign on the dotted line but the innocent people who end up getting sick because of them.

audiophile

Post by audiophile » Wed Apr 22, 2020 3:32 pm

How much time is being wasted on hiring a new firm for contact tracing? What a shame that this was botched from the beginning.

https://disrn.com/news/after-pushback-w ... ntel-giant

Matt

Post by Matt » Wed Apr 22, 2020 3:35 pm

What does she not know today that she will on Friday? Time to cut the shit, Gretch, tell us your damnnnn plan.
Voting for Trump is dumber than playing Russian Roulette with fully loaded chambers.

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Wed Apr 22, 2020 3:58 pm

Matt wrote:
Wed Apr 22, 2020 3:35 pm
What does she not know today that she will on Friday? Time to cut the shit, Gretch, tell us your damnnnn plan.
It’s probably in the stages of being finalized and the logistics of it ironed out. Unlike Trump she’s a normal person... no announcing and then scrambling to figure it out need apply.

Matt

Post by Matt » Wed Apr 22, 2020 5:13 pm

Rate This wrote:
Wed Apr 22, 2020 3:58 pm
Matt wrote:
It’s probably in the stages of being finalized and the logistics of it ironed out. Unlike Trump she’s a normal person... no announcing and then scrambling to figure it out need apply.
Nice attempted spin on Whitmer's dereliction of duty.
Voting for Trump is dumber than playing Russian Roulette with fully loaded chambers.

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Wed Apr 22, 2020 6:37 pm

Matt wrote:
Wed Apr 22, 2020 5:13 pm
Rate This wrote:
Wed Apr 22, 2020 3:58 pm
Matt wrote:
Nice attempted spin on Whitmer's dereliction of duty.
She’s in negotiations with the legislature on a plan to reopen things in waves... it sounds like that plan will be finalized Friday... patience grasshopper...

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic