All new acct registrations in the queue as of 8/11 at 9:00a ET have been activated. Want to share your favorite Buzzboard posts with your social media page readers? Now, there's an easy way to do it! Visit this page for instructions: viewtopic.php?f=39&t=47643

(Note: hover your mouse pointer near the upper right corner of this box and click the "x" to close it.)

Automatic acct deletion functionality added

This is the place to learn about recent changes to the Buzzboard, including new features available to customize your personal experience when perusing the message board forums. You are encouraged to share your feedback!
MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Automatic acct deletion functionality added

Post by MWmetalhead » Sat Apr 28, 2018 10:19 am

I understand from time to time some users wish to delete their accounts, either due to lack of continued interest in the Buzzboard or for other reasons. In the past, this process required sending me an email or private message and waiting for me to delete the account manually.

Now, that process is no longer required.

Every user now can delete his or her own account by simply logging into the Buzzboard with their user name and password, accessing the User Control Panel (this can be done by clicking your user name near the upper right hand corner of each Buzzboard page), and then clicking the "Delete My Account" tab.

A few notes:
- You will need to enter your password to be able to do this.
- The action is irreversible!
- If you wish to create a new account under a new user name, bear in mind that account will not become active until I manually review the registration and approve it. I usually only activate new accounts once or twice weekly.

On rare occasion, I will delete dormant accounts en masse that haven't been used for several years. This is done to minimize execution time for PHP / SQL code and to make database backups easier.

R.I.P. Vinnie Paul Abbott (March 11, 1964 – June 22, 2018)

Deleted User 10525

Re: Automatic acct deletion functionality added

Post by Deleted User 10525 » Tue May 01, 2018 5:11 pm

Thanks for the heads up. There are a couple of mine, that I believe have not been used in a least a few years. Gordon Gekko and there might be another.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic