Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 16 at 11:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Ry Cooder

A place where record store snobs and casual listeners can unite as one! Discuss latest releases, all-time favorites, and deep cuts.
matt1

Ry Cooder

Post by matt1 » Fri May 31, 2019 4:27 pm

Any Ry Cooder fans out there?? The 1974 album "Paradise And Lunch" is a classic including the remake of Burt Bacharach "Mexican Divorce" & Captain Beefheart "Diddy Wah Diddy". His biggest album was "Borderline" that went to # 43 (Billboard Top 200 Album Charts) in April of 1981 featuring a cartoon woman butt naked with a bull!! The movie soundtrack to the 1985 "Paris, Texas" is Dave Grohl's (Foo Fighters) favorite album. I also think the 1980 movie soundtrack "The Long Ryders" was great. Ry was also in the 1992 short lived group Little Village that also had John Hiatt, Nick Lowe & drummer Jim Keltner. They only had 2 songs in the Billboard Mainstream Rock Charts. Ry appeared on "Saturday Night Live" (with host Dick Cavett) back in November of 1976 & his only appearance.

TC Talks

Re: Ry Cooder

Post by TC Talks » Fri May 31, 2019 8:11 pm

Ryland is my boy... From Little Village to Buena Vista Social Club to Chavez Ravine. He's an original only worthy to those who still have ear and a soul.

“The more you can increase fear of drugs, crime, welfare mothers, immigrants and aliens, the more you control all of the people.”
― Noam Chomsky

Posting Content © 2024 TC Talks Holdings LP.

Deleted User 24

Re: Ry Cooder

Post by Deleted User 24 » Fri May 31, 2019 8:48 pm

I've always liked him.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic